Windows 10: Micsosoft HD camera not working, I need help.

Discus and support Micsosoft HD camera not working, I need help. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone help me get my external Microsoft camera working again?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GailMumme, Nov 5, 2018.

1. GailMumme Win User

Micsosoft HD camera not working, I need help.

Can anyone help me get my external Microsoft camera working again?

:)

GailMumme, Nov 5, 2018

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 5, 2018
  4. JimWynne Win User

Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 webcam and Windows 10 Fall Creators update compatibility

The HD-3000 software isn't supported in Windows 10. If the camera isn't working at all, there are two possibilities:

• The camera is defective
    • The camera isn't compatible with the latest feature update.
    Doing all of the things that the MS "support engineer" suggests are not likely to help.

JimWynne, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Micsosoft HD camera not working, I need help. - Similar Threads - Micsosoft camera working

2. Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.: I just discovered that my hp laptop camera isn't working. The screen is blank when I try to take a photo or switch my video on for meetings. Several attempts to troubleshoot have failed. I either get 0xA00F4240/ 4292 error codes. Has anyone been able to resolve such. Help...
  3. Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.: I just discovered that my hp laptop camera isn't working. The screen is blank when I try to take a photo or switch my video on for meetings. Several attempts to troubleshoot have failed. I either get 0xA00F4240/ 4292 error codes. Has anyone been able to resolve such. Help...
  4. Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.

6. HP Truevision HD Camera Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Truevision HD Camera Not Working: My HP Truevision HD Camera is not working. I turn on the "Camera" App and the camera light turns on but the screen is pitch black. I open the Cyberlink YouCam app and it displays the following warning "YouCam cannot connect to your webcam HP Truevision HD. I have tried the...
  7. Camera isn't working, Need help

Camera isn't working, Need help: On my friends laptop fusion5 lapbook T50, and its running windows 10 on it. Her camera comes up with the error code "0xa00f4243" and wants to close other apps that is using the camera. No other apps are using the camera, what would you recommend?...
  8. Still Need help with the camera

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still Need help with the camera: so i went to the bios thing and downloaded literally everything i could, restarted my computer and my camera still wont work. and my icon in den=vice manager is gone. please help me get the icon back. the icon does NOT come back after reboot. please do not ask me to uninstall...
  9. Need help with Intel HD Graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with Intel HD Graphics: Hi everyone I'm new to the forum *Biggrin I just bought an old ThinkPad T410 with the i5 520M and upgraded it to windows 10. But right now I can't install the Intel HD Graphics Driver to it. I've looked around a bit and now I'm quite worried that it's not supported at all...
  10. Adding An External HD And Need A Little Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding An External HD And Need A Little Help: Good morning. I've been away from PCs for nearly four years. My last system was an XP Pro setup. Now I've got a new machine with Win 10 and it is all so very new to an old guy and I need a little guidance here. Over the next day or two I have a Western Digital Elements...