Windows 10: Mid License Transfer & Installing Windows 10 Professional

Discus and support Mid License Transfer & Installing Windows 10 Professional in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Originally, I was going to transfer my Free Windows 10 upgrade to the better equipped computer that was given to me by wife. I have recently learned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JimFarrell2016, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Mid License Transfer & Installing Windows 10 Professional

Originally, I was going to transfer my Free Windows 10 upgrade to the better equipped computer that was given to me by wife. I have recently learned how to remove the product key from my old computer. On my original I used the Media Creation Tool to equip a flash drive with an install of that product key. I used this flash drive to upgrade the Windows OS on the better equipped computer, resulting inboth computers having the same product key. A change in fortunes has occurred I've decided to keep the installation on the computer that received the free upgrade.

What are the proper, legal steps to install the Windows 10 Pro full installation to my all in one computer? I'm concerned that doing the install with the same product key will de-activate the Activated license on my original computer.

:)

JimFarrell2016, Jun 20, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Mid License Transfer & Installing Windows 10 Professional

Andre Da Costa, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Mid License Transfer & Installing Windows 10 Professional

1. Mid License Transfer & Installing Windows 10 Professional - Similar Threads - Mid License Transfer

2. Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition: Evening helpdesk,I am struggling to transfer my windows 10 pro retail license key from my desktop to my new laptop that has been reformatted to windows 11 pro. I have linked my digitally signed license from the win 10 pro desktop to my outlook account and I cannot activate my...
  3. Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition: Evening helpdesk,I am struggling to transfer my windows 10 pro retail license key from my desktop to my new laptop that has been reformatted to windows 11 pro. I have linked my digitally signed license from the win 10 pro desktop to my outlook account and I cannot activate my...
  4. Transfer windows 10 professional edition to windows 11 professional edition

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop: Hi,I had purchased a Windows 10 Professional Upgrade License for my laptop. However, the laptop's motherboard burnt out and the laptop is useless. Can someone please guide me on how I can go about getting the Win Pro Upgrade License transferred to my desktop which is running...
  6. Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows Professional License From Dead Laptop: Hi,I had purchased a Windows 10 Professional Upgrade License for my laptop. However, the laptop's motherboard burnt out and the laptop is useless. Can someone please guide me on how I can go about getting the Win Pro Upgrade License transferred to my desktop which is running...
  7. Windows 10 License Transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 License Transfer: Hello, I had a Retail Windows 10 License that I went ahead and transferred from one of my PC's to a new one. Windows seems fine, it states that it is activated; the issue is when I use CMD to check my License type the Retail License now says OEM. Any reason on why? I though a...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 License?

Transfer Windows 10 License?: I’m building a new PC in a few days, and I want to know if I can use my Windows 10 key on my current computer on the new one. I’m fine with ‘deactivating’ Windows on my current computer....
  9. Windows 10 Professional [ License ]

Windows 10 Professional [ License ]: I recently bought a license key from Software Geeks online. But when I entered the Key , it didn't work. Has anyone had the same problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-professional-license/972414c3-9c68-434b-9942-559858598c3b"
  10. Windows 10 Professional License transfer to another computer; Retail vs. OEM version...

Windows 10 Professional License transfer to another computer; Retail vs. OEM version...: 1. How do I determine if my version is a Retail or is an OEM version? 2. Can the Retail or OEM nature of the version be determined by the Product Key itself? 3. I am aware that: "If you upgrade from a retail version, it carries the rights of a retail version....