Windows 10: Mid March windows 10 update keyboard problems

Discus and support Mid March windows 10 update keyboard problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Left for the weekend on Friday morning and shutdown my PC and it also updated. When I returned on the 17th upon turning on my PC the keyboard would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TigOlBitties, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Mid March windows 10 update keyboard problems

Left for the weekend on Friday morning and shutdown my PC and it also updated. When I returned on the 17th upon turning on my PC the keyboard would spam all random characters about 15 characters at a time and every half second. It would also open programs and highlight programs on my desktop. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, turning my PC off and on, switching USB ports and soft resetting my keyboard but nothing seems to works but as soon as then my keyboard off the problem is solved? Anyone else have this issue and how did you fix it cheers

:)

TigOlBitties, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Mid March windows 10 update keyboard problems

windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Mid March windows 10 update keyboard problems

1. Mid March windows 10 update keyboard problems - Similar Threads - Mid March update

2. Problem with March 15, 2023 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with March 15, 2023 Update: Split from this thread. Hello, I have a problem with the update released on March 15, 2023, as always, I wanted to download updates, all updates were downloaded without any problems, but with this update, my computer did not download this update and instead of downloading, I...
  3. Problem with March 15, 2023 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with March 15, 2023 Update: Split from this thread. Hello, I have a problem with the update released on March 15, 2023, as always, I wanted to download updates, all updates were downloaded without any problems, but with this update, my computer did not download this update and instead of downloading, I...
  4. Windows update bluescreens mid update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update bluescreens mid update.: Hello,Recently my pc asked me to update and restart, so I updated it.Everything goes smoothly until it finishes downloading the update, at 100% it just bluescreens, error message is: " system scan at raised IRQL caught improper driver unload" the file that failed is...
  5. Printer Problem after March Windows Update

Printer Problem after March Windows Update: My Windows 10 updated 3-16-21, Update KB000802. I'm having problems printing photos now, there is 4-5 inch wide blank strip down the center and only the sides print. I understand that there is an update to fix this problem. However I don't see the correct update for my...
  6. March Update Problems

March Update Problems: Following the March Updates KB5000802 and KB4601050, as well as updates related to Adobe Flash and Acrobat Reader DC; my computer has behaved badly. The mouse stutters across the screen when it is moved and videos stutter when they are played. I tried various things to...
  7. Problems with profile since Windows 10 Update at end of March

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with profile since Windows 10 Update at end of March: Ever since the upgrade in Windows 10 at the end of March any time the computer restarts my Outlook email requires me to re-sign in and I can't get Edge to sync get error says "we can't sign you in right now" error: 2147024894. Seems like there is a profile issue? I can...
  8. apps no longer in a verticle list but a grid after update mid march 2020

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps no longer in a verticle list but a grid after update mid march 2020: Aftera windows upgrade mid march 2020 I no linger have a vertical apps list but do have it selected in the setting. Instead I have to go to the top and select show apps and then they appear very much as that did in the vertical list but instead they are on the right laid out...
  9. Windows last update March update Problem, then nothing

Windows last update March update Problem, then nothing: Hi. So I updated my pc last Friday, and earlier this day when I was watching a video on youtube, my pc froze and the headphones started buzzing. I had to restart my pc. 1 hour ago I started my pc again, and there are no signs for any problem. Can I still do something for my...
  10. windows 10 update march 2020 - Audio problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 update march 2020 - Audio problems: Installed the latest version of win 10 and now have no audio what so ever. its not the first time and I have tried all of the usual tricks etc as I'm not a novice. Its happened on a gigabyte brix 4th gen of which I have 2 and its same problem on both. Its not the machines...