Windows 10: Middle click scrolling not working

Discus and support Middle click scrolling not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center customized, however I can't figure out how to make the middle button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/-BoardsOfCanada-, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Middle click scrolling not working

I have a Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 with Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center customized, however I can't figure out how to make the middle button drag scroll. I've set the button as "Middle Click" but it doesn't work. Anyone know if there's a reg hack or something for this?

submitted by /u/-BoardsOfCanada-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/-BoardsOfCanada-, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Steven611 Win User

Middle click to scroll in Windows 10.

I have tried multiple mice and none of them will scroll in Windows 10 when I click the middle mouse/scroll wheel button. This works perfectly fine on windows 7, in almost every application or browser I can think of. This is not rolling the scroll wheel (that's
    fine) but *clicking* the scroll wheel and moving the mouse to scroll.

I have removed the mouse from the device manager and unplugged/replugged them and nothing will middle click or drag scroll. I downloaded a Firefox add-in and it worked (had a couple issues on some pages).

This is a new computer with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro version 1909.

The mouse is listed as a HID-compliant mouse and the driver is version 10.0.18362.1 dated 6/21/2006. Updating the driver does nothing.

There are no other mouse related program installed. This is a lost functionality of Windows 10.

Steven611, Oct 29, 2020
  3. bannaruj Win User
    Asus zenbook u433FN scrolling not working only with index & middle finger

I just bought asus zenbook u433fn, it work unproperly when I scrolling using touchpad. It work properly if use middle & ring finger. However, it won't work if use index & middle finger on right hand.

I test with left hand and found when use index & middle finger on left hand it work fine. So my conclusion is the right finger must lower than left finger. That why when I use index & middle finger on right hand it won't work. It seem incorrectly because
    I never get this problem with another notebook brand.

Anyone got this problem too? Please suggest me how to solve.

bannaruj, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Middle click scrolling not working

Middle button scroll not working.

Hello, after the last Windows 10 Update I can't scroll with my middle button on the mouse.

Could someone help me?

The mouse is Bloody V7 from A4Tech.

PuchałkęIksde, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Middle click scrolling not working

1. Middle click scrolling not working - Similar Threads - Middle click scrolling

2. Disable middle click scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable middle click scrolling: Windows 11.Whenever you middle click in something that can be scrolled, there's this annoying thing that takes over the mouse and starts scrolling.Did anyone put this through UX? It's utterly infuriating.Countless times I middle click for various reasons that never ever...
  3. Disable middle click scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable middle click scrolling: Windows 11.Whenever you middle click in something that can be scrolled, there's this annoying thing that takes over the mouse and starts scrolling.Did anyone put this through UX? It's utterly infuriating.Countless times I middle click for various reasons that never ever...
  4. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  5. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  6. Clicking windows in the task bar won't open them and middle mouse click scroll won't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking windows in the task bar won't open them and middle mouse click scroll won't work: Randomly happened a few days ago, I updated to the latest version to see if it would fix but it didn't. Does anyone know how to fix this? Videos in windows media player also can't be skipped ahead for some reason. My sound audio settings also keep resetting In control panel...
  7. Touchpad middle click not working for gestures

Touchpad middle click not working for gestures: I have my Windows Precision touchpad configured so it does the middle click when I do a 3 finger tap. It was working on my touchpad before. In the past week or so, it has not been working. I am able to do other actions with the 3 finger tap like activate Windows search. For...
  8. Middle click to scroll in Windows 10.

Middle click to scroll in Windows 10.: I have tried multiple mice and none of them will scroll in Windows 10 when I click the middle mouse/scroll wheel button. This works perfectly fine on windows 7, in almost every application or browser I can think of. This is not rolling the scroll wheel that's fine but...
  9. Taskbar middle-click not working for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Taskbar middle-click not working for Firefox: Hello everyone, I upgraded to Windows 10 a little while ago, and while it has mostly been smooth sailing I have encountered a small glitch. Middle-clicking on things in the taskbar normally opens a new instance on the corresponding application. This feature works...
  10. Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Middle Click Not Working Since Upgrade: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on my Lenovo Thinkpad T400. Prior to the upgrade I was able to middle click to open links in a new tab, close tabs, and scroll however now when I middle click it instead brings me to "Trackpoint scrolling tips" I have tried...