Windows 10: Middle-clicking Taskbar icons

Discus and support Middle-clicking Taskbar icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does everybody know that middle-clicking on a Taskbar iconcan/will open another instance of that item Cheers, Drew... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drew1903, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Drew1903 Win User

Middle-clicking Taskbar icons

Does everybody know that middle-clicking on a Taskbar iconcan/will open another instance of that item

Cheers,
    Drew

:)

Drew1903, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 26, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Taskbar middle-click not working for Firefox

Hello, sorry you still have the problem. This is a general Windows 10 forum- you might be better off asking in the Firefox forum. Noted you've posted this question in numerous places, suggesting it is not a common issue.

Please try typing 'about:config' in the address bar
    Then check these settings:

Middle-clicking Taskbar icons [​IMG]

Otherwise, you might want to try a clean boot, for example, to make sure sthg else isn't using middle click as a default.

dalchina, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Middle-clicking Taskbar icons - Similar Threads - Middle clicking Taskbar

2. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  3. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  4. Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar: Hi,Good Day! I would like to ask why I can't click some of the icons in the taskbar such as wi-fi, battery, action center, volume mixer, the start bar or search anything. It happens after the last update. I already tried to revert the update but the issue still occurs. Also,...
  5. Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't click some of the icons in the taskbar: Hi,Good Day! I would like to ask why I can't click some of the icons in the taskbar such as wi-fi, battery, action center, volume mixer, the start bar or search anything. It happens after the last update. I already tried to revert the update but the issue still occurs. Also,...
  6. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  7. Cant right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant right click taskbar icons: I cannot Right click on my open programs from my taskbar. I also cant left click on my speaker icon to switch sound devicesspeakers to headset. But i can right click to open the settings and all that on the speaker icon. And right click works on all the open programs. This...
  8. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  9. Taskbar middle-click not working for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Taskbar middle-click not working for Firefox: Hello everyone, I upgraded to Windows 10 a little while ago, and while it has mostly been smooth sailing I have encountered a small glitch. Middle-clicking on things in the taskbar normally opens a new instance on the corresponding application. This feature works...
  10. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....