Windows 10: Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

Discus and support Middle Mouse Button Click Issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell WM257 mouse/keyboard running on Windows 10 desktop. The middle button on the mouse suddenly stopped working. There doesn't seem to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rampmonkey, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

I have a Dell WM257 mouse/keyboard running on Windows 10 desktop. The middle button on the mouse suddenly stopped working. There doesn't seem to be anyway to check or change the settings for this, although the settings that are available did not change. Reinstalling the driver didn't help, neither did restarting the PC. I did try unplugging the dongle, and after a few minutes, I plugged it back into a different USB port. The middle click worked for a minute, and then stopped working again. I physically checked the mouse, and all appears normal, including the batteries/charge. Dell does not have a control panel, so I'm lost as far as getting this fixed. Windows mouse settings should be more inclusive, but I need help troubleshooting. The "troubleshooter" did not help. I use this feature constantly, so this is a huge annoyance. Any help is appreciated. I suppose the mouse itself could just be done.

Thanks

:)

Rampmonkey, Mar 23, 2020

2. Middle button (mouse wheel) not working: no new tab, no past of marked text in ubuntu

Windows 10

When working with Windows I am used to open a new browser (chrome, Firefox) with the middle mouse button.
    Unfortunately with the Logitech G602 it is no working Middle Mouse Button Click Issue :(

Ubuntu 16.04

In Ubuntu I have the same issue using the Logitech G602 : Mouse wheel does not work as middle button:

• Mouse wheel / middle button does not open a new browser tab
    • Mouse wheel / middle button does not paste a text previously marked

To me it looks like a driver or settings issue.
    How can I fix it?
    (If I remember right I had the same issue under windows as soon as I installed the logitec driver)

Thorsten Niehues, Mar 23, 2020
  3. I want to disable mouse middle button click

I am using Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse (km632). from last few days my mouse start doing issue while page up scrolling. and clicking middle button. due to this text front goes bigger. I want to use mouse scrolling but disable middle button clicking
    option. I am using windows 10 and I cannot see any option to disable mouse middle button. Can you please help me in this matter.

Reply2haroon, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

Mouse cursor becomes tiny when clicking middle mouse button

Setup:

• High PPI monitor (4K resolution, 15 inches), scaling set to 250%
    • Windows 10
    • Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 mouse
    • "Windows Black (large)" cursor scheme
    Whenever I click the middle mouse button on my Intellimouse the mouse cursor suddenly becomes tiny. This problem can be temporarily resolved by opening Mouse Properties and changing the Cursor Scheme.

Is there a permanent solution to my problem?

This is mouse cursor at normal size:

Middle Mouse Button Click Issue 188b9e5c-0dcc-476b-85e3-92a3fac867dc.png

And this is the same cursor after I click the middle mouse button:

Middle Mouse Button Click Issue fd5fdb0e-f025-4fbf-84c4-92c903dda999.png

(The screenshots will naturally be very large as they're taken on a high PPI monitor.)

Arnt Joakim Wrålsen, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

1. Middle Mouse Button Click Issue - Similar Threads - Middle Mouse Button

2. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  3. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  4. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My middle mouse button problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My middle mouse button problem: So there is a issue in windows i guess when i press right left click my middle mouse button gets clicked with them which i don't even touch so for now i got an alternate update and i disabled the middle mouse button and now the bug is gone but i can't use middle mouse button...
  6. My middle mouse button problem

My middle mouse button problem: So there is a issue in windows i guess when i press right left click my middle mouse button gets clicked with them which i don't even touch so for now i got an alternate update and i disabled the middle mouse button and now the bug is gone but i can't use middle mouse button...
  7. My middle mouse button problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Middle mouse button drag with the touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Middle mouse button drag with the touchpad: Good morning, This might be an age old question but I need to find a way to perform this if I dont have a mouse with the notebook. CAD software traditionally use middle button drag for panning a drawing sheet or rotating the 3D model. Currently the left button drag mode...
  9. Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working

Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working: Unfortunately, earlier today, my middle mouse button stopped working whenever I clicked it. I plugged in another mouse, one that I had just bought from the store, and it's middle mouse button wasn't working either. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them,...
  10. Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The middle button on a mouse is typically used for scrolling through File Explorer with tons or file or long pages on the web. But did you know that it can do more than just scrolling? Today we will talk [...] This post Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle...