Windows 10: Middle mouse button click not working

Discus and support Middle mouse button click not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GhostSoup, Jan 21, 2023.

1. GhostSoup Win User

Middle mouse button click not working

Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same issue. I've restarted and reset my computer, installed new drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them, I checked if it was the browser i was using but it doesnt work in any place. I checked the registry editor as well and no luck!

:)

GhostSoup, Jan 21, 2023
  2. steveo225 Win User

Middle mouse button not working in Windows 10

I recently purchased a new laptop and the middle mouse button no longer works. It is a Logitech M310 that works fine on another laptop, so I know the hardware is working. I checked the Mouse settings in the control panel and there are no settings I can change for the middle mouse button, only the wheel for scrolling. I tried updating the drivers, but they are at the latest. I am out of ideas and had no idea how much I relied on that button in Firefox.

steveo225, Jan 21, 2023
  3. My mouse's scrolling is fine but the middle button is not working

IDK what happened. But I tried playing Minecraft after many months tbh. But I noticed that my mouse's middle button is not working. Now the gamers know importance of middle button for working fast in Minecraft. So I need it solved. Can anyone help me pls?
    * My mouse is a Logitech B175

USELESSTricks, Jan 21, 2023
  4. Middle mouse button click not working

How to use Middle Mouse button tap on a Laptop?

When I click on my middle mouse button on an internet page, a "power scroll" icon comes up. I can drag my mouse up or down and it will follow, scrolling up or down the page without me having to manually scroll the middle mouse button.

I have a Predator Helios 300 with Windows 10 and don't always have a Mouse with me.

I've googled and it shows to go to Settings > Device > Taps > Middle Mouse button.

Either it doesn't work or I'm not doing it right?

When I setup the "tap" for middle mouse and use my laptop mouse pad, then I tap the area, nothing happens. I also tried tapping and holding, still nothing.

What am I supposed to do to get the "power scrolling" icon to appear if I have my mouse disconnected?

usmdesigner, Jan 21, 2023
Thema:

Middle mouse button click not working

1. Middle mouse button click not working - Similar Threads - Middle mouse button

2. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  3. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  4. My mouse's scrolling is fine but the middle button is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse's scrolling is fine but the middle button is not working: IDK what happened. But I tried playing Minecraft after many months tbh. But I noticed that my mouse's middle button is not working. Now the gamers know importance of middle button for working fast in Minecraft. So I need it solved. Can anyone help me pls?* My mouse is a...
  5. My mouse's scrolling is fine but the middle button is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse's scrolling is fine but the middle button is not working: IDK what happened. But I tried playing Minecraft after many months tbh. But I noticed that my mouse's middle button is not working. Now the gamers know importance of middle button for working fast in Minecraft. So I need it solved. Can anyone help me pls?* My mouse is a...
  6. My middle mouse button problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My middle mouse button problem: So there is a issue in windows i guess when i press right left click my middle mouse button gets clicked with them which i don't even touch so for now i got an alternate update and i disabled the middle mouse button and now the bug is gone but i can't use middle mouse button...
  7. Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working

Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working: Unfortunately, earlier today, my middle mouse button stopped working whenever I clicked it. I plugged in another mouse, one that I had just bought from the store, and it's middle mouse button wasn't working either. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them,...
  8. Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

Middle Mouse Button Click Issue: I have a Dell WM257 mouse/keyboard running on Windows 10 desktop. The middle button on the mouse suddenly stopped working. There doesn't seem to be anyway to check or change the settings for this, although the settings that are available did not change. Reinstalling the...
  9. Middle mouse button on microsoft sculpt ergonomic mouse not working.

Middle mouse button on microsoft sculpt ergonomic mouse not working.: So I recently got a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse and I love it so far but the middle mouse button doesn't seem to be working. I uninstalled all my drivers and then reattached the usb dongle to download the drivers again, but it still doesn't...
  10. Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The middle button on a mouse is typically used for scrolling through File Explorer with tons or file or long pages on the web. But did you know that it can do more than just scrolling? Today we will talk [...] This post Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle...