Windows 10: Middle of laptop monitor has a transparent grey box, occasionally glitches out

Discus and support Middle of laptop monitor has a transparent grey box, occasionally glitches out in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The title explains it. The middle of my laptop monitor has a large transparent grey box that I cannot interact with. I have tried restarting, the box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Guydue123, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Guydue123 Win User

Middle of laptop monitor has a transparent grey box, occasionally glitches out

The title explains it. The middle of my laptop monitor has a large transparent grey box that I cannot interact with. I have tried restarting, the box appears when logging in. I have also tried uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers for my laptop monitor and updating to the latest version of Windows, but nothing has changed. I tried getting an image of it glitching out and distorting the screen, but it happened too fast. Middle of laptop monitor has a transparent grey box, occasionally glitches out [​IMG]

:)

Guydue123, Jun 1, 2020

2. Start Menu Transparency glitch

I'm using W10 1903 build and I noticed there's a glitch with the transparency effect.

As you can see in the attached gif, start menu opens in full transparency and suddendly become blurry, this does not happen with the notification panel (but on another laptop I got the same issue on the notification panel as well).

Already tried to change theme, remove transparency, set the EnableBlurBehind property in the register to 0 and sfc, but nothing works to fix it.

Middle of laptop monitor has a transparent grey box, occasionally glitches out [​IMG]

Tiziano Basile, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Single monitor=no transparency in Start menu on dual monitor system

Hello, I can't find any information about this one so here it goes.

My Windows 10 is a dual monitor system and I don't get this problem when both monitors are enabled but when I game I disable the secondary display and then on the primary display the Start menu will lose transparency. It makes me sad. Middle of laptop monitor has a transparent grey box, occasionally glitches out :(

I have installed color profiles for both displays and set them as primary profile for each one. I have also calibrated the color of both displays.

Primary display is AOC 2460 connected with DVI-D

Secondary display is Acer G246HL Connected with HDMI

Graphics card is Nvidia Gerforce 1050 TI 4GB and it has latest drivers

Operating system is Windows 10 Pro v. 1803 (OS-build 17.134.228)

Steps to reproduce:

• On dual monitor system disable secondary monitor
    • Open Start menu and transparency will be lost
    Additional information:

CPU overclocked with multiplier but was at Stock settings when OS was installed

GPU overclocked with Asus GPU Tweak II

snowman666, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Middle of laptop monitor has a transparent grey box, occasionally glitches out

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Middle of laptop monitor has a transparent grey box, occasionally glitches out

1. Middle of laptop monitor has a transparent grey box, occasionally glitches out - Similar Threads - Middle laptop monitor

2. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  3. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  4. Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere: Hi folks,I have the following transparent box:https://gyazo.com/6c97874e97f37a46cd7079431f54800dIt appears randomly and does not go away until I restart my Windows.I am on Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421. I know that betas come with bugs...
  5. Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparent rectangle box that appears out of nowhere: Hi folks,I have the following transparent box:https://gyazo.com/6c97874e97f37a46cd7079431f54800dIt appears randomly and does not go away until I restart my Windows.I am on Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Build 22494.rs_prerelease.211029-1421. I know that betas come with bugs...
  6. Transparent box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparent box: How do i turn off this transparent box thats in the middle of my screen? its kinda small but everytime i look at my screen it bothers me. For Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparent-box/9a95e735-78ea-4e48-a003-fa60bad7345b
  7. 2nd monitor is greyed out

2nd monitor is greyed out: Hello, I recently got a new 2nd monitor. Windows detects the monitor, as I can move my mouse to it, but nothing will display on the monitor, just a grey screen. I've tried a HDMI, DP cable, everything. I tried to use another monitor with my video card and the monitor worked...
  8. Transparent box

Transparent box: How do I get rid of this transparent box on right side of screen? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparent-box/cd0ef818-5db7-4ced-b14d-a412d56118ea
  9. Lock box at System Settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock box at System Settings is greyed out: Hi, I'm struggling to unlock the Lock option on my Windows 10 Home edition. An objective - to be able to lock my PC. A problem - at the Ctrl + Alt + Del screen, there is no Lock option. I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings. The Lock...
  10. Floating grey box on computer monitor

Floating grey box on computer monitor: Today I've noticed on one of my monitors a small grey x box with a small distortion near the top middle of the screen. It doesn't appear to be a burn as I can move a window over it and it'll cover it, nor does it appear to be something to do with my wallpaper as changing it...