Windows 10: MIDI connection is going on- and off- in cycles of about 5 or so seconds.

Discus and support MIDI connection is going on- and off- in cycles of about 5 or so seconds. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MIDI connection is going on- and off- in cycles of about 5 or so seconds. Please check out 50 sec linked video .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by T.A.E, Dec 1, 2018.

1. T.A.E Win User

MIDI connection is going on- and off- in cycles of about 5 or so seconds.

MIDI connection is going on- and off- in cycles of about 5 or so seconds. Please check out 50 sec linked video .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NokaIaP8k9H5dZo_nzeyqJX4riw1_JMd/view?usp=sharing

I'm in the process of moving to windows from MAC, to a brand new PC. Installation and simple testing - tapping mouse, hearing sound - works fine. Connecting to MIDI kbd, the above problem occurs. Please check the video (linked).

Tested HW configurations, all with the same problem:

Configuration 1: Roland UM-ONE (USB to MIDI) + Legacy Yamaha 88 key electric piano P60. UM-ONE win10 driver installed and seems to be working.
    Configuration 2: M-audio Keystudio USB direct (this one on the video)

Configuration 3: ELEVEN RACK (used for MIDI to USB) + Legacy Yamaha 88 key electric piano P60

HP OMEN AN-120 brand new ( i7-8750, 512 GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 32 GB RAM)
    Windows 10

ProTools 2018.10

The above three configurations all worked fine with my previous system:

MAC book pro 2011 (12 GB RAM)
    OSX 10.12.4 (sierra)
    ProTools 12.7.1
    Pls help. Advice much needed.

:)

T.A.E, Dec 1, 2018

2. WD 8 second load cycle count

The power saving feature is in the drive itself.

When WD Green drives were first released you could disable the power saver using WDIDLE.
    After a couple of years they changed the firmware and then the best you could do was set the time to 5 minutes.
    I had both versions.

Someone on SevenForums suggested using KeepHDAlive and I've used that ever since (in combination with using WDIDLE to set the drive to 5 minutes).

lehnerus2000, Dec 1, 2018
  3. midi for windows 7 mobile

I've recently purchased a nokia 710, very pleased too, but as a musician I would like to also playback midi files at practices so other musos can hear my ideas - as Zune does not have a midi codec, do you have any suggestions to other midi player apps
    available, or a second party codec to Zune? I see the apple series and android series phones have midi apps available

Cheers,

Trevor Hunter

MusicMantrh, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. MIDI connection is going on- and off- in cycles of about 5 or so seconds. - Similar Threads - MIDI connection going

2. Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so: Its really bothering me, I have gone through old support posts and still cannot find help. I am plugged directly into my router, it is provided by Rogers XB7-CM and the internet speed here is suppose to be really good, but I disconnect often. I thought it could be my ethernet...
  3. Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so: Its really bothering me, I have gone through old support posts and still cannot find help. I am plugged directly into my router, it is provided by Rogers XB7-CM and the internet speed here is suppose to be really good, but I disconnect often. I thought it could be my ethernet...
  4. Ethernet connection randomly drops for about 5-10 seconds about once an hour or so

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cycling internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cycling internet connection: I am new to windows 11, my problem is when my pc is connected to Wi-Fi yes I have checked router and internet service. Other devices connected to the same network have absolutely no connection issues the computer has a strong connection to the Wi-Fi but the internet...
  6. Cycling internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cycling internet connection: I am new to windows 11, my problem is when my pc is connected to Wi-Fi yes I have checked router and internet service. Other devices connected to the same network have absolutely no connection issues the computer has a strong connection to the Wi-Fi but the internet...
  7. Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen turns off momentarily every 5 seconds: I installed new driver for my cpu and now it turns off for like .5 seconds and I can't do anything other thank open the stupid radeon gaming and task manager cpu is amd a8 6410I can restart but that does nothing, and I can't open settingsI've doneWIN+r opens but can't do...
  8. Windows 10 pr0 - freezing every minute or so for about 5 seconds - Update in August and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pr0 - freezing every minute or so for about 5 seconds - Update in August and...: I have an older work station that I upgrated to Windows 10 Pro back in March of 2020. The workstation worked great. Around August there was an update that started this freezing every minute or so. I poked around and found nothing, I rolled back the update and all was...
  9. My monitor keeps going dark for about a second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My monitor keeps going dark for about a second: My monitor has been turning going dark for a second or two and it happens multiple times a day, sometimes I'll happen multiple times with only a few minutes in between, and some times it'll be hours in between. It never lasts for much longer than a second or two, and it...
  10. Lagging for 5 seconds for about every 10 to 15 seconds interval

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging for 5 seconds for about every 10 to 15 seconds interval: I got a Asus Laptop which I've been using from past 3 years. I got this problem since past 6 months and just ignored it thinking that it's a minor issue. But now it has been affecting my daily works on the laptop and I'm irritated to wait for 5 seconds before the laptop...