Windows 10: MIDI controller giving a "Code 10 - Device Cannot Be Started" error even with the correct...

Discus and support MIDI controller giving a "Code 10 - Device Cannot Be Started" error even with the correct... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The company's not being very responsive so I thought I'd ask here. Here's the issue: *Midi controller won't show up as a midi device in any software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/barchive22, Apr 5, 2021.

1. MIDI controller giving a "Code 10 - Device Cannot Be Started" error even with the correct...

The company's not being very responsive so I thought I'd ask here.

Here's the issue:

*Midi controller won't show up as a midi device in any software

*Can be added as a legacy hardware device but returns the error "Code 10 Device Cannot Be Started"

*Device is originally from 2012, but is still sold new and supposed to work with Windows 10.

*Device powers up normally appears to be working just isn't recognized by the computer

Here's what I've tried:

*4 different USB cables

• Usb 3 port, usb 2 port, usb hub

*uninstalling & reinstalling the drivers

*Trying on another Windows, trying on a Mac

*Manually selecting the correct driver from a list in device manager

submitted by /u/barchive22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/barchive22, Apr 5, 2021
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Windows 10 and Viewcon USB MIDI input

Hi RAMChYLD,

You can attempt to use a generic driver to make your MIDI work with Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps outlined on this
    link. I suggest that you perform the steps:
    Run a troubleshooter and Update the device driver. Kindly check if you are encountering any error codes in the Device Manager as well.

I will be waiting for your reply.

Ariel Aba, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Bluetooth MIDI device visibility problem in WIN10

Hi Ota,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to which the device disappeared from the list of available devices?
    • Do you see any error message/code when the device disappears?

Meanwhile, you may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click the Sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • If your MIDI device isn’t listed there, right click on an empty space and select
      Show Disconnected Devices and Show Disabled Devices to see if the device is visible.

We await your response,

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 5, 2021
  4. MIDI controller giving a "Code 10 - Device Cannot Be Started" error even with the correct...

Midi Controller Stopped Working on Windows 10

I have been successfully using my Novation Launchkey 49 with Ableton Live for the past few years. However, when I updated my computer with the latest Windows update 2 weeks ago, the Launchkey stopped working. In the device manager, the LaunchKey has
    a Code 10 device cannot start error message. I've tried plugging in the midi controller in every available USB port on my computer and I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the controller without success. Is there a solution to fix this problem?

KimberlyC_044, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

MIDI controller giving a "Code 10 - Device Cannot Be Started" error even with the correct...

1. MIDI controller giving a "Code 10 - Device Cannot Be Started" error even with the correct... - Similar Threads - MIDI controller giving

2. This device cannot start. (code 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This device cannot start. (code 10): While playing League of Legends on my Lenovo ideapad 330 the laptop shut down by itself. After booting it back up (it took longer than usual) my keyboard wasnt working. Booting it up takes longer now. There is a yellow triangle next to to the Standard PS/2 Keyboard in...
  3. Device Cannot Start Code 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Cannot Start Code 10.: Hi guys. Need some help. My Bose Soundtouch speaker had worked away quite happily for 2 years now all of a sudden nothing from my laptop will play through the speaker. After much messing about, i found the above warning against the speaker in Device Manager. As for fixing...
  4. Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device.

Code 10 error with a 'plug and play' midi device.: I recently bought a new laptop asus vivobook 15 x512da and I tried connecting a USB midi device Alesis triggerIO to my laptop. Once this happens, in settings it simply says driver error. When in device manager, it comes up with this. [ATTACH] Here is a list of things i...
  5. USB xHCI Compliant controller cannot start (Error code 10)

USB xHCI Compliant controller cannot start (Error code 10): Hi, I have Lenovo y50-70 laptop and all three USB ports (2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0) stopped working 3 days ago. So far I have tried everything I could find on the internet - updating drivers, enabling/disabling the ports, troubleshooting, scans for hardware change etc. but...
  6. SD Storage Class Controller, This device cannot start. (Code 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD Storage Class Controller, This device cannot start. (Code 10): I am running Windows 10 Home 1709, OS Build 16299.371 I installed this SD card, https://www.sandisk.in/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/extreme-microsd-a2 [ATTACH] However I get an error as per the below: SD Storage Class Controller This device cannot start. (Code 10)...
  7. this device cannot start (code 10)

this device cannot start (code 10): I have tried lots of repair advices without resolving the problem! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-device-cannot-start-code-10/142326f7-1a73-4c35-9fd3-984700c81ded
  8. This device cannot start (code 10)

This device cannot start (code 10): Hello someone please help me cause i am officially losing my mind. my setup is a MSI GS65 Stealth Thin. It all started when i was going to install adobe Photoshop. it couldn't install because something was running so i restarted and everything was fine. but i had to...
  9. This device cannot start. (Code 10) High definition audio controller

This device cannot start. (Code 10) High definition audio controller: Macbook pro early 2011 bootcamp was not willing to let the SSD run in AHCI mode in windows 10, so I did EFI installation of windows 10. Everything seems to work but the audio card. Code: This device cannot start. (Code 10) in the High definition audio controller.[/quote]...
  10. Error code 10 (This device cannot start)

Error code 10 (This device cannot start): Hello, I have been trying to fix this error for the past few hours with no luck. Having this error with my ADATA UV150 32GB USB flash drive. The laptop I am using is Lenovo ideapad 100S (14). The things I have tried: obviously restarting the pc; switching between all...