Windows 10: Midi device not detected

Discus and support Midi device not detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just bought a brand new laptop, when I connect my midi device and check on Device Manager, it was listed in all it suppose to, audio input, sound,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KhrisnamurtiDwipayana, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Midi device not detected

I just bought a brand new laptop, when I connect my midi device and check on Device Manager, it was listed in all it suppose to, audio input, sound, video and game, except software devices, so everytime I start DAW, it can't connect to device, "no midi input device", so I think system don't detect any midi device only recognize it as usb composite device. My midi device is a class compliant usb midi device, so it has no driver, while other midi device with driver work very well, any idea how to fix this ? Thank You

:)

KhrisnamurtiDwipayana, Dec 16, 2020

2. MIDI KEYBOARD NOT DETECTED BY PIANOMARVEL INSTRUCTION SITE

• Have you already checked if the device shows in the Device Manager?
    Yes. Just checked and both MIDI keyboards are listed.

• Have you tried testing the device to a different PC and the same issue occurs?
    Yes....I just hooked up a Dell Pro Windows 10 laptop purchased late last year. 00325-80685-21181-AAOEM. I plugged in the AKM320 MIDI keyboard - (no drivers needed) The system sounded but did not show the AKM320 in Device Manager. I did the same with the
    ACORN Masterkey 49 with the same results. I did open the Piano Marvel site and try to get a recognition of either keyboard, and non were even listed. They did list on my main computer, but did not light up the site indicator for a MIDI signal being received
    as already reported.

Also: I activated a Windows 7 computer here and plugged in the AKM320 MIDI. The device appeared in "game controllers" I installed another DAW in that computer- Cake Walk and was able to get the computer and DAW to read my signals from the AKM keypad. I
    went to the Piano Marvel site but the same outcome occurred- the site did not read my signals from the MIDI key board.

• Are you getting any error messages when connecting the device to your PC?
    When I turn on both piano MIDI keyboards without the DAW running, no error or notice appears--but a connection sound does occur. However when I turn on either keyboard
    while the DAW is running, I get a notice that a MIDI device has been added.

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    2017 Windows 10. I do have an ID number...****************- installed in 2016

I really appreciate your interest in this issue and am glad to check any other areas for you. I have tried everything with no success. One bit of info....There are two programs I've tried to use both of which have a midi keyboard detection in their programs.
    Sight Reading Practice - Piano Music Sight-Reading Practice and Piano Marvel both do not read my midi keyboards. (But my DAW reads both and plays notes) Also a program called MIDI OX was installed by Piano Marvel's tech and the program detected both MIDI's. I am glad to pay for
    any consult should it become necessary.

Thanks again,

MTM

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

MikeMalsbary, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Bluetooth MIDI device visibility problem in WIN10

Hi Ota,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to which the device disappeared from the list of available devices?
    • Do you see any error message/code when the device disappears?

Meanwhile, you may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click the Sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • If your MIDI device isn’t listed there, right click on an empty space and select
      Show Disconnected Devices and Show Disabled Devices to see if the device is visible.

We await your response,

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Midi device not detected

Bluetooth MIDI device visibility problem in WIN10

Hello. Although WIN10 allows you to connect a BlueTooth MIDI device, the following problem occurs:

Although BT MIDI devices (in my case Roland GO: KEYS) can be paired with the computer - "paired" appears in the connection manager and the keyboard apparently communicates with the computer which accepts MIDI data - for example in MIDIberry, in DAW programs
    (like Sonar, Ableton, NI KontaKt, Sibelius, etc.) the device does not appear in the list of available MIDI devices. As if not present.

2 times it happened that all of a sudden, a message came out of the notification center: GO: KEYS MIDI is ready for use and the device was visible and functional in all applications. It took only a few hours until it stopped showing up again. Are you familiar
    with how this works and how can you solve it? The device is listed in the device manager and the drivers are updated. Thank you.

Ota Kaštan, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Midi device not detected

1. Midi device not detected - Similar Threads - Midi device detected

2. Midi keyboard not detected by windows Carillion control 25key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Midi keyboard not detected by windows Carillion control 25key: Hi i just picked up this carrilion control 25 as it was really cheap and i wanted to try out some music software. However windows rejects it as a unrecognised usb device, trying to find anything on this keyboard past 2008 is nigh on impossible. Ive tried using the midilink...
  3. Midi keyboard not detected by windows Carillion control 25key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Midi keyboard not detected by windows Carillion control 25key: Hi i just picked up this carrilion control 25 as it was really cheap and i wanted to try out some music software. However windows rejects it as a unrecognised usb device, trying to find anything on this keyboard past 2008 is nigh on impossible. Ive tried using the midilink...
  4. Midi Device Driver not working

Midi Device Driver not working: Hi, I have a Yamaha DGX-670 and I'm using it as a midi keyboard. I've been using it for the past couple weeks and it worked fine and all of the sudden it stopped working. I've done some research and I think it's due to the driver not working. When I open device manager and...
  5. MIDI devices keep disappearing

MIDI devices keep disappearing: Hello all, I've been having this problem on-again and off-again for a little while now, and I actually did get it to stop for a while... only for it to happen again. As the subject indicates, my problem is this: Out of nowhere, all but one MIDI device will just disappear....
  6. USB A-USB B MIDI INPUT Keyboard Not Detected

USB A-USB B MIDI INPUT Keyboard Not Detected: Keyboard: Keystation61 MK2 'plug & play' Done: Checked number of MIDI drivers <10 Checked for the device in Device Manager couldn't find anything Tried various USB ports, both on the front and back panel, as well as USB 2 and 3 Updated all relevant hardware Checked for...
  7. USB midi device issue

USB midi device issue: I am having big issues with my new Asus M409DA running W10. I bought an MAudio Midisport Uno to connect and edit an amp that has midi but i keep getting the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation. It connects fine to my daughters Zenbook and installs into sound, video...
  8. MIDI devices not working properly

MIDI devices not working properly: I just started having problems with my MIDI devices about a week ago. At a certain point they just disconnect from Windows, and only work again when I restart my computer. It's not a software problem, because it happens in different programs, and it's not a problem with the...
  9. Driver issues with MIDI/USB device

Driver issues with MIDI/USB device: Okay I have a Casio px-150 Keyboard. Don't tell me to check the manufacturer website. It is supposed to use the generic drivers made for windows 10 to operate. USB plug and play. It recognizes the device but doesn't assign it any drivers. No don't ask me to run older drivers...
  10. USB sound/midi device not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized: I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and plugged into my...