Windows 10: MIDI devices keep disappearing

Discus and support MIDI devices keep disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I've been having this problem on-again and off-again for a little while now, and I actually did get it to stop for a while... only for it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joeykun98, Apr 12, 2021.

1. joeykun98 Win User

MIDI devices keep disappearing

Hello all,

I've been having this problem on-again and off-again for a little while now, and I actually did get it to stop for a while... only for it to happen again.

As the subject indicates, my problem is this: Out of nowhere, all but one MIDI device will just disappear.

I have tried System Restore and that would help only for a little while it's happened again between system restores and the last time it happened I ran DISM Cleanup-Image and SFC for the problem to go away for about a month at this point, only for it to happen once again.

This is my current MIDI setup:

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]CoolSoft MIDIMapper routes to VirtualMIDISynth #1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]VirtualMIDISynth #1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]VST MIDI Driver Port A[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]VST MIDI Driver Port B[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]MT-32 Synth Emulator[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]This time around, everything but VirtualMIDISynth #1 and Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth disappeared.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]As you could very well imagine, this is very annoying. How can I stop this from happening once and for all?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba40, 40, 40, 1]Thanks in advance![/COLOR]

:)

joeykun98, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Bluetooth MIDI device visibility problem in WIN10

Hi Ota,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?
    • Are you aware of any changes that happened on the computer prior to which the device disappeared from the list of available devices?
    • Do you see any error message/code when the device disappears?

Meanwhile, you may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click the Sound icon on the taskbar and choose
      Sounds.
    • If your MIDI device isn’t listed there, right click on an empty space and select
      Show Disconnected Devices and Show Disabled Devices to see if the device is visible.

We await your response,

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Bluetooth MIDI device visibility problem in WIN10

Hello. Although WIN10 allows you to connect a BlueTooth MIDI device, the following problem occurs:

Although BT MIDI devices (in my case Roland GO: KEYS) can be paired with the computer - "paired" appears in the connection manager and the keyboard apparently communicates with the computer which accepts MIDI data - for example in MIDIberry, in DAW programs
    (like Sonar, Ableton, NI KontaKt, Sibelius, etc.) the device does not appear in the list of available MIDI devices. As if not present.

2 times it happened that all of a sudden, a message came out of the notification center: GO: KEYS MIDI is ready for use and the device was visible and functional in all applications. It took only a few hours until it stopped showing up again. Are you familiar
    with how this works and how can you solve it? The device is listed in the device manager and the drivers are updated. Thank you.

Ota Kaštan, Apr 12, 2021
  4. MIDI devices keep disappearing

loss of MIDI

Hello Aaron,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

MIDI devices keep disappearing

1. MIDI devices keep disappearing - Similar Threads - MIDI devices keep

2. bluetotth device keeps disappearing and disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetotth device keeps disappearing and disconnecting.: my bluetooth icon started disappearing again and again. i had the issue resolved at the service center but its happening again. whenever i moved my lapotp or touched the keyboard, the icon disappeared and my bluetooth headphones disconnected instantly. i tried updating the...
  3. bluetotth device keeps disappearing and disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetotth device keeps disappearing and disconnecting.: my bluetooth icon started disappearing again and again. i had the issue resolved at the service center but its happening again. whenever i moved my lapotp or touched the keyboard, the icon disappeared and my bluetooth headphones disconnected instantly. i tried updating the...
  4. Audio device keep appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio device keep appearing and disappearing: So I have a headset connected with usb type-c. This morning it started appearing and disappearing at the settings. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooting. Everything. Any idea what could cause this issue and how can I solve it?...
  5. Audio device keep appearing and disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio device keep appearing and disappearing: So I have a headset connected with usb type-c. This morning it started appearing and disappearing at the settings. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, troubleshooting. Everything. Any idea what could cause this issue and how can I solve it?...
  6. Midi Device Driver not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Midi Device Driver not working: Hi, I have a Yamaha DGX-670 and I'm using it as a midi keyboard. I've been using it for the past couple weeks and it worked fine and all of the sudden it stopped working. I've done some research and I think it's due to the driver not working. When I open device manager and...
  7. Midi device not detected

Midi device not detected: I just bought a brand new laptop, when I connect my midi device and check on Device Manager, it was listed in all it suppose to, audio input, sound, video and game, except software devices, so everytime I start DAW, it can't connect to device, "no midi input device", so I...
  8. USB midi device issue

USB midi device issue: I am having big issues with my new Asus M409DA running W10. I bought an MAudio Midisport Uno to connect and edit an amp that has midi but i keep getting the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation. It connects fine to my daughters Zenbook and installs into sound, video...
  9. MIDI devices not working properly

MIDI devices not working properly: I just started having problems with my MIDI devices about a week ago. At a certain point they just disconnect from Windows, and only work again when I restart my computer. It's not a software problem, because it happens in different programs, and it's not a problem with the...
  10. USB sound/midi device not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized: I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and plugged into my...