Windows 10: MIDI files not playing properly

Discus and support MIDI files not playing properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, When I try to listen to certain MIDI files on Windows 10, there will be instrument tracks missing during playback. Sometimes I get just the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by herrshaun, Jul 9, 2017.

1. herrshaun Win User

MIDI files not playing properly

Hey all,

When I try to listen to certain MIDI files on Windows 10, there will be instrument tracks missing during playback. Sometimes I get just the percussion, sometimes only the percussion is missing. Sometimes all of the instruments default to piano. I can't find any rhyme or reason why only certain tracks play and others don't.

Is there any way I can fix this?

:)

herrshaun, Jul 9, 2017

2. Windows 10 and USB MIDI conflict with Microsoft GS Wavetable synth

I'm using a MIDI sequencer (Forte3) on my laptop running windows 10. and am having trouble connecting it to my MIDI keyboard

Forte is a legacy (x86) software tool

I have connected my midi keyboard to the laptop using a USB to MIDI cable

The midi cable is recognized in Device Manager under Sound,Video and Game controllers as

USB 2.0 MIDI

General info

Sound, Video and Game controller

(Generic USB Audio)

Device status

This Device is working properly

In Forte I've selected USB 2.0 MIDI as my MIDI input/output device and when I test it (using the FORTE test function) it plays properly through my MIDI keyboard.

However when I start the sequencer playing a midi sequence, it plays through the Microsoft GS wavetable Synth and not the USB MIDI 2.0 device that was selected.

In earlier versions of windows this problem was fixed by selecting the USB device as the Default windows MIDI playback device.

I can't find anything that corresponds to this in windows 10.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PaulKuklinski, Jul 9, 2017
  3. 6103 midi problem

Hi all,

I have a Nokia 6103 and I am quite satisfied except for poor memory and midi phone support.

Nokia site says that midi must be about 10-15 kb in size (too small, even for midi files), but there are some bigger files that are played and smaller files that are not. so that must not be the real problem.

I found different information about the number of voices that can be played by the phone, but I don't understand why some midis with more voices are played while some with a poor number of voices are not. I thought I needed a midi to sp-midi converter, but
    I get no improvement and, anyway, I read that the only difference between the two formats is some information written at the beginning of the file. Therefore, if a file can't be played before the conversion, it can't be played after that, either (if the problem
    is the number of voices)

Therefore I'm pretty disappointed about this.

Do you have any idea of what I need to make my phone play my midi files?

PS: I tried both 0 and 1 midi type

Thank you

Federico

fredericks---01, Jul 9, 2017
Thema:

MIDI files not playing properly

1. MIDI files not playing properly - Similar Threads - MIDI files playing

2. Windows media player cant play my beat midi files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows media player cant play my beat midi files: can some one help me with this problem i cant make more beats because of this problem and i already downloaded a K-lite codec pack since i watched it on youtube but nothing happens : so pls help me guys ! Thanks in advance ! ;...
  3. MIDI Keyboard Not Working Properly

MIDI Keyboard Not Working Properly: Hi! I have 2 MIDI keyboards, both class compliant. When I plug them in, Windows says its setting it up and both keyboards appear in Device Manager under Sound Control. Says the correct, up to date drivers are installed. However, neither shows up in any DAW or even in the...
  4. Midi Files

Midi Files: I have connected my yamaha psr 282 for midi file. it is showing that the midi usb is working, but it is not being read on the software. What needs to be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/midi-files/475ce1ea-e3bc-4d2c-a2a9-6d35478fc850
  5. Unable to open or play midi files in Windows 10

Unable to open or play midi files in Windows 10: Hello. I have just bought a Dell Inspirion 3671 with Windows 10 1909 installed 1.7.20. I do music composition, and cannot open any midi files. Is there a soundboard or driver problem? I use Finale 26 which relies on Midi input from a piano keyboard as a default. Is there...
  6. MIDI devices not working properly

MIDI devices not working properly: I just started having problems with my MIDI devices about a week ago. At a certain point they just disconnect from Windows, and only work again when I restart my computer. It's not a software problem, because it happens in different programs, and it's not a problem with the...
  7. Midi files not playing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Midi files not playing on Windows 10: Hello everyone, my Windows Media Player suddenly stopped playing midi files. It plays everything else, MP3'S etcso the player itself is not the problem. Have found any posts confusing and unhelpful. Is there anyone out there who can help? Getting a bit desperate!!! Thank you...
  8. MIDI files software

MIDI files software: I need software to play music on: hymntime.com/tch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/midi-files-software/f76b0bae-5b9d-4d9b-8f01-48fc974e8e78
  9. MIDI file problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    MIDI file problem: Recently I have downloaded a MIDI file from YouTube for remixing, I didn't have any problem downloading the file, but when I drag my MIDI file into the piano roll in FL studio 20, it only comes up with the bass chords. I got confused for a while, then decided to open the MIDI...
  10. Playing standard midi files from the internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playing standard midi files from the internet.: To play standard midi files from the internet to my Roland keyboard I use the Van Basco Karaoke programme via midi leads.For some reason when I click on a midi file,instead of the Van Basco programme,the VLC media player appears in the centre of the sceen and does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. midis not properly playing