Windows 10: MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update

Discus and support MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some strange reason I can't open MIDI Files with windows media player in Windows 10. I can with Open MODPlug Tracker & Apple's Quicktime software,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Decat44, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Decat44 Win User

MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update

For some strange reason I can't open MIDI Files with windows media player in Windows 10. I can with Open MODPlug Tracker & Apple's Quicktime software, but now in media player. I've tried CoolSoft MIDI Mapper and that doesn't seem to fix it. I can play my keyboard in my DAW, which is Renoise ver3.11. But I can't open a single MIDI Files. Please help. MIDI Is important to me has a audiofile.

:)

Decat44, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update scu-png.png

newtekie1, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Larry StL Win User

Win 10 Pro with IE11 will not play Midi and Mp3 WEB site files

I have WEB sites with midi and mp3 music files that will not open when pages with music files are visited with updated WIN 10 Pro and IE11. Asf files will play. All sound devices are updated. Previous versions of Windows and IE would play midi files.
    I replaced midi files with mp3 files without success. What is the solution?

Larry StL, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update - Similar Threads - MIDI Files won't

2. MIDI file problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    MIDI file problem: Recently I have downloaded a MIDI file from YouTube for remixing, I didn't have any problem downloading the file, but when I drag my MIDI file into the piano roll in FL studio 20, it only comes up with the bass chords. I got confused for a while, then decided to open the MIDI...
  3. USB midi controller and Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB midi controller and Windows 10 update: Hi, I have an M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller keyboard that I was using through usb into a DAW (Reaper) for producing music. It was working until the last Windows 10 update, but now Reaper doesn't recognise that I've got the device connected...nothing shows up as a midi...
  4. Opening/sorting files after Windows 10 April update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Opening/sorting files after Windows 10 April update...: Lots of problems finding and opening files after forced Windows 10 April update. I'm finding lots of my pictures labeled as PRInfo00XXX. After clicking on that, I get PRInfo00XXX.mig and PRInfo00XXX.png. When I open those, I get a mix of my images in one image. When I check...
  5. Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1607 Update Deactivated FSX: My update to 1607 went smoothly yesterday...deferred for quite while...had to reinstall DisplayLink driver as expected. Started testing various apps. Found out that the update deactivated FSX Gold + Acceleration which was running fine on 1511. I have run FSX for many years....
  6. No updates at all on Windows 10 Pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No updates at all on Windows 10 Pro 64bit: Humble apologies if query as been asked before. On laptop I have Windows 10 Pro installed, and I have had no updates at all since doing a clean install last November, admittedly I do not use the Dell Vostro that much these days, but surely something should have come down the...
  7. Apps won't open after an update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps won't open after an update in Windows 10: So I just turned on my computer and the "We are getting your computer ready" or something like that message popped up. I thought that the most logical thing was that my computer just installed and update. So I go in and nothing opens, Ive tried with Chrome, Skype,...
  8. Hidden Program Files(x86) on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hidden Program Files(x86) on Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Why?: Hi all! I installed a windows 10 pro x64 (1703) "clean install", and the next day i saw the Program Files(x86) is gone, hidden. Why? UAC is disabled, no microsoft account, i am offline account, i am logged in administrator. I installed few app,( Advanced System Care 10,...
  9. Internal Midi Latency Windows 10 pro x64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Internal Midi Latency Windows 10 pro x64: hello i'll try to describe this as best as i can sorry for my english, i have build a new PC an msi x99 raider cpu i7 5820k 64gb ram and nvidia 1060 6gb and ssd disks on my problem is that i have midi latency, i try to sync a modular synthesizer system and i discovered...
  10. Re-upgrading from Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-upgrading from Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit: I had a activated version of Windows 7 pro 64 bit which got automatically approved for upgrade to Windows 10 pro 64 bit some months ago. The upgrade to Windows 10 took place before the free upgrade deadline. I had a boot issue with Windows 10 after I merged some unused...