Windows 10: MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update

Discus and support MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For some strange reason I can't open MIDI Files with windows media player in Windows 10. I can with Open MODPlug Tracker & Apple's Quicktime software,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Decat44, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Decat44 Win User

MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update

For some strange reason I can't open MIDI Files with windows media player in Windows 10. I can with Open MODPlug Tracker & Apple's Quicktime software, but now in media player. I've tried CoolSoft MIDI Mapper and that doesn't seem to fix it. I can play my keyboard in my DAW, which is Renoise ver3.11. But I can't open a single MIDI Files. Please help. MIDI Is important to me has a audiofile.

:)

Decat44, Oct 1, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2018
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update scu-png.png

newtekie1, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Larry StL Win User

Win 10 Pro with IE11 will not play Midi and Mp3 WEB site files

I have WEB sites with midi and mp3 music files that will not open when pages with music files are visited with updated WIN 10 Pro and IE11. Asf files will play. All sound devices are updated. Previous versions of Windows and IE would play midi files.
    I replaced midi files with mp3 files without success. What is the solution?

Larry StL, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. MIDI Files won't open in Windows 10 Pro 64bit after April update - Similar Threads - MIDI Files won't

2. Downloaded files won't open after updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded files won't open after updating.: My computer prompted me to restart and install updates, so I did. Now I cannot get downloaded files to open either from Firefox, or the Downloads file on file explorer. I've tried running a command prompt, sfc/scannow and that hasn't helped. Is there anything else I can do?...
  3. Downloaded files won't open after updating.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded files won't open after updating.: My computer prompted me to restart and install updates, so I did. Now I cannot get downloaded files to open either from Firefox, or the Downloads file on file explorer. I've tried running a command prompt, sfc/scannow and that hasn't helped. Is there anything else I can do?...
  4. Downloaded files won't open after updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to open or play midi files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to open or play midi files in Windows 10: Hello. I have just bought a Dell Inspirion 3671 with Windows 10 1909 installed 1.7.20. I do music composition, and cannot open any midi files. Is there a soundboard or driver problem? I use Finale 26 which relies on Midi input from a piano keyboard as a default. Is there...
  6. Windows 10 pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro 64bit: I'm looking for the download link for windows 10 pro 64 bit. All I can find is windows 10 home. I have a key already for windows 10 pro. But I need to wipe my system to install windows 10 it has really old windows atm...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1903 update: Hi there ! I have 2 versions of Windows , Home and Pro. I have upgraded Home version to 1903 with no problems. Windows update recognize update automatically and installed it. While opposite at Pro version. Windows update doesn't find anything. So, i have downloaded...
  8. Windows Pro 64bit Update error:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Pro 64bit Update error:: I have windows 10 pro 64bit on my laptop. But I get this error from Windows Update: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03. An October Update ,and I just read this correctly. I have been trying to update my laptop for months. I have Windows and I want it...
  9. Opening/sorting files after Windows 10 April update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Opening/sorting files after Windows 10 April update...: Lots of problems finding and opening files after forced Windows 10 April update. I'm finding lots of my pictures labeled as PRInfo00XXX. After clicking on that, I get PRInfo00XXX.mig and PRInfo00XXX.png. When I open those, I get a mix of my images in one image. When I check...
  10. No updates at all on Windows 10 Pro 64bit

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No updates at all on Windows 10 Pro 64bit: Humble apologies if query as been asked before. On laptop I have Windows 10 Pro installed, and I have had no updates at all since doing a clean install last November, admittedly I do not use the Dell Vostro that much these days, but surely something should have come down the...