Windows 10: midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi)

Discus and support midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I've connected a very old Yamaha PSR 320 via a midi to usb cable to my PC. It is being recognized by various apps and they can record it too but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RoyalRedditress, Apr 13, 2020.

1. midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi)

Hi. I've connected a very old Yamaha PSR 320 via a midi to usb cable to my PC. It is being recognized by various apps and they can record it too but the sound comes out of my Keyboard speakers instead of my PC speakers. Not just the recording, also when I play it. The weird thing is that it worked just fine 2 days ago be, I could hear All the sounds through my PC speakers or the bluetooth headphones that were connected to my PC. Today, after unplugging the midi to usb cable, it doesn't work anymore. Don't know what happened. All I did was plug the cable in and out. Didn't even change the usb port. Before that I could also hear me playing my keyboard over my bt headphones even when without an app open. The only ports my keyboard has are two monos (in and out which are both now connected to an usb 2 port of my pc) one for the sustain pedal and one for headphones. I use win10 pro. Midi drivers for win are updated. The Device Manager shows USB Midi Interface (0) and USB Midi Interface under Software Devices even though I installed the second listing yesterday bcz I thought that might cz the issue. Audio In and Output shows my speakers, my monitor and my headphones. What can I do? Thank you.

submitted by /u/RoyalRedditress
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RoyalRedditress, Apr 13, 2020

2. USB MIDI Audio Interface (M-Audio USB MIDI device) - not working in certain applications for MIDI Input.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

1) I have a MIDI keyboard connected to my desktop via a M-Audio USB MIDI Interface.

2) This device has worked before fine, but all-of-a-sudden, one of the apps I use to write music (Famitracker) suddenly will not open the MIDI Input. It's the same error I get when another application is using the MIDI controller at the same time - maybe
    there is some service or application running in the background that is using the MIDI controller? If so, I can't figure out what it would be.

3) MIDI-OX (the software used to test MIDI input/output) also will not open the MIDI controller input. It says Unknown external error.

4) However, Finale V 25 detects the MIDI controller and I am able to use my MIDI keyboard just fine.

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

BorisBeckah, Apr 13, 2020
  3. pat_m_o Win User
    midi keyboard midiplus i61 not sending midi info to any program. windows 10

I recently bought a midi keyboard to get back into piano. The problem is that even though the keyboard is recognized by my computer as i61, as a usb audio device, it won't send any midi input into any midi program I have tried (Anvil studio, midi editor,
    midi piano and simple piano). One program (anvil studio) says that it is getting an unknown error from my keyboard (very useful /s). The keyboard works on other computers (Mac w/ garageband and HP windows 8.1 w/ simple piano) but I've had no luck on mine.
    I'm using an inspiron 13 5378 with windows 10.

pat_m_o, Apr 13, 2020
  4. midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi)

Windows 10, MIDI Input/Output devices missing

Hi Ronald,

It's possible that the MIDI Input/Output devices might have been deleted when you disabled the audio device. To resolve your issue about missing devices, kindly click this

article

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi)

1. midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi) - Similar Threads - midi keyboard audio

2. USB problems with MIDI keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB problems with MIDI keyboard: [ATTACH] Hi, first sorry for my english but it's not my first language, I tried everything you all are my only hope. I built a pc in January. These are the specs: MB: Asus Prime B550M-A (Wi-Fi) CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1030 RAM: 2x16GB ddr4 3600Mhz...
  3. MIDI Keyboard Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MIDI Keyboard Not Working Properly: Hi! I have 2 MIDI keyboards, both class compliant. When I plug them in, Windows says its setting it up and both keyboards appear in Device Manager under Sound Control. Says the correct, up to date drivers are installed. However, neither shows up in any DAW or even in the...
  4. MIDI keyboard functions

MIDI keyboard functions: I have tried using 2 Midi keyboards on my computer running Windows 10 and neither of them has been able to communicate with my DAW. The keyboard doesn't work on one computer but does on other computers. I looked at the control panel on both computers and noticed that the...
  5. Midi Files

Midi Files: I have connected my yamaha psr 282 for midi file. it is showing that the midi usb is working, but it is not being read on the software. What needs to be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/midi-files/475ce1ea-e3bc-4d2c-a2a9-6d35478fc850
  6. Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting

Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting: Ok so I am sure this problem has been "solved" at least a billion times, but seriously, nothing is working for me. I went from using my Toshiba Protege Z20t perfectly fine with my midi keyboard using a using a USB type B to to type A, but the moment I try to use it on my new...
  7. MIDI

MIDI: I am trying to connect a MIDI keyboard to input to Musescore and the software and Windows settings cannot see the device. Do I need to download a driver for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/midi/0e295cd1-a2f4-4ba2-8b8b-bf7c505b6979
  8. Midi

Midi: Ive tried editing registry with several key searches but still get the “not enough memory to perform task” in midi-ox for Mixcraft DAW...brand new computer with adequate specs...please help... someone...
  9. MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10

MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 920. Disclaimer: I am no computer Guru, but I can read and follow instructions, so here's the story: I've recently gotten more into composing and making music, and decided to purchase a MIDI keyboard. The keyboard I got is a...
  10. Midi q:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Midi q:: I'm a musician and I'm (also) using MIDI for music production. Problem is that in Win 10 not all MIDI files are playing back properly. F.x. I have some drum files that only play back piano notes where it was supposed to play back a whole drum kit. I read that MS somehow...