Windows 10: MIDI keyboard functions

Discus and support MIDI keyboard functions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried using 2 Midi keyboards on my computer running Windows 10 and neither of them has been able to communicate with my DAW. The keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Will Suydam, Dec 10, 2020.

1. MIDI keyboard functions

I have tried using 2 Midi keyboards on my computer running Windows 10 and neither of them has been able to communicate with my DAW. The keyboard doesn't work on one computer but does on other computers. I looked at the control panel on both computers and noticed that the control panel on the computer that does not work is missing the input and output functions. Does anybody know how to fix this?

:)

Will Suydam, Dec 10, 2020

2. MIDI KEYBOARD NOT DETECTED BY PIANOMARVEL INSTRUCTION SITE

• Have you already checked if the device shows in the Device Manager?
    Yes. Just checked and both MIDI keyboards are listed.

• Have you tried testing the device to a different PC and the same issue occurs?
    Yes....I just hooked up a Dell Pro Windows 10 laptop purchased late last year. 00325-80685-21181-AAOEM. I plugged in the AKM320 MIDI keyboard - (no drivers needed) The system sounded but did not show the AKM320 in Device Manager. I did the same with the
    ACORN Masterkey 49 with the same results. I did open the Piano Marvel site and try to get a recognition of either keyboard, and non were even listed. They did list on my main computer, but did not light up the site indicator for a MIDI signal being received
    as already reported.

Also: I activated a Windows 7 computer here and plugged in the AKM320 MIDI. The device appeared in "game controllers" I installed another DAW in that computer- Cake Walk and was able to get the computer and DAW to read my signals from the AKM keypad. I
    went to the Piano Marvel site but the same outcome occurred- the site did not read my signals from the MIDI key board.

• Are you getting any error messages when connecting the device to your PC?
    When I turn on both piano MIDI keyboards without the DAW running, no error or notice appears--but a connection sound does occur. However when I turn on either keyboard
    while the DAW is running, I get a notice that a MIDI device has been added.

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    2017 Windows 10. I do have an ID number...****************- installed in 2016

I really appreciate your interest in this issue and am glad to check any other areas for you. I have tried everything with no success. One bit of info....There are two programs I've tried to use both of which have a midi keyboard detection in their programs.
    Sight Reading Practice - Piano Music Sight-Reading Practice and Piano Marvel both do not read my midi keyboards. (But my DAW reads both and plays notes) Also a program called MIDI OX was installed by Piano Marvel's tech and the program detected both MIDI's. I am glad to pay for
    any consult should it become necessary.

Thanks again,

MTM

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

MikeMalsbary, Dec 10, 2020
  3. K Fink Win User
    Drivers Help: QWERTY Keyboard and MIDI to USB Keyboard Won't Work Simultaneously (Windows 7)

I am plugging a MIDI to USB keyboard into my machine to use in a DAW. All of my drivers are up to date for both my MIDI keyboard and my QWERTY keyboard; however, I am unable to have both my MIDI keyboard and my QWERTY keyboard plugged in and functioning
    simultaneously. If I plug in the MIDI keyboard while the QWERTY is plugged in, it will not work. But if I unplug the QWERTY and plug in the MIDI, the MIDI will work without a hitch. And vice versa. I tried three different USB ports (all 2.0, as it is a cheap
    keyboard) for my QWERTY and it still will not work if the MIDI is in. This does not affect other USB ports and devices. I have my mouse and external hard drive plugged in and both work all throughout the process. As soon as I unplug the MIDI, the QWERTY works,
    and if I unplug the QWERTY, the MIDI works. How can I get them to function simultaneously? Thanks.

K Fink, Dec 10, 2020
  4. MIDI keyboard functions

MIDI KEYBOARD NOT DETECTED BY PIANOMARVEL INSTRUCTION SITE

Windows 10 Pro-700 GB free space-64bit PROBLEM: I use a Digital Audio Workstation along with an Acorn Masterkey 49 midi keyboard. The keyboard works very nicely with the DAW-Mixcraft. I am enrolling in an online piano course [Piano Marvel]. When I sign
    in to the course I use the midi setup function which allows me to select the midi device I will use for the course. I select my keyboard and when I test the connection with the course by playing a key, the indicator light in the course module does not light
    up as it should, nor do I hear the sound of the note played. I even tried with an alternate keyboard AKM320-nothing. I check the keyboards function with my DAW and both work fine. Customer Support at Piano Marvel said they have never had this problem...must
    be my keyboard. I purchased a Casio keyboard today, hooked it up (USB) and still get no recognition of my midi signal played into the online course module. I thought it might be my Norton Security blocking the interaction, but there is no actual program
    installed, I just sign on to the course module with user name and pass. The course specifies to use either Firefox or Chrome, which I tried and neither allows successful operation in the course module. Is there anything in Windows 10 that would cause this
    dysfunction? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks MTM

MikeMalsbary, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

MIDI keyboard functions

1. MIDI keyboard functions - Similar Threads - MIDI keyboard functions

2. PCR-M80 midi keyboard controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCR-M80 midi keyboard controller: Hi, I have never installed a driver in my new PC and I need PCR M80 driver for my midi keyboard controloller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pcr-m80-midi-keyboard-controller/970e7101-4c84-4aed-8858-12261cbb3a88
  3. PCR-M80 midi keyboard controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCR-M80 midi keyboard controller: Hi, I have never installed a driver in my new PC and I need PCR M80 driver for my midi keyboard controloller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pcr-m80-midi-keyboard-controller/970e7101-4c84-4aed-8858-12261cbb3a88
  4. MIDI Keyboard randomly disconnecting and connecting

MIDI Keyboard randomly disconnecting and connecting: Hi,My MIDI keyboard just randomly keeps disconnecting and connecting in rapid succession. The keyboard is not the problem because it used to work fine. I have been encountering this problem after a few windows updates. I have tried everything, i mean literally everything i...
  5. USB problems with MIDI keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB problems with MIDI keyboard: [ATTACH] Hi, first sorry for my english but it's not my first language, I tried everything you all are my only hope. I built a pc in January. These are the specs: MB: Asus Prime B550M-A (Wi-Fi) CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1030 RAM: 2x16GB ddr4 3600Mhz...
  6. MIDI Keyboard Not Working Properly

MIDI Keyboard Not Working Properly: Hi! I have 2 MIDI keyboards, both class compliant. When I plug them in, Windows says its setting it up and both keyboards appear in Device Manager under Sound Control. Says the correct, up to date drivers are installed. However, neither shows up in any DAW or even in the...
  7. Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting

Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting: Ok so I am sure this problem has been "solved" at least a billion times, but seriously, nothing is working for me. I went from using my Toshiba Protege Z20t perfectly fine with my midi keyboard using a using a USB type B to to type A, but the moment I try to use it on my new...
  8. midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi): Hi. I've connected a very old Yamaha PSR 320 via a midi to usb cable to my PC. It is being recognized by various apps and they can record it too but the sound comes out of my Keyboard speakers instead of my PC speakers. Not just the recording, also when I play it. The weird...
  9. MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time

MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time: I have an Alesis VI49 MIDI keyboard connected via USB. It has suddenly stopped being recognized by Windows and prompts a Code 43 error in the device manager. Very rarely, I can get it to work, by simply uninstalling it via Device Manage then scanning for hardware changes. I...
  10. MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10

MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 920. Disclaimer: I am no computer Guru, but I can read and follow instructions, so here's the story: I've recently gotten more into composing and making music, and decided to purchase a MIDI keyboard. The keyboard I got is a...