Windows 10: MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time

Discus and support MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Alesis VI49 MIDI keyboard connected via USB. It has suddenly stopped being recognized by Windows and prompts a Code 43 error in the device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CStarker, Jul 14, 2019.

1. CStarker Win User

MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time

I have an Alesis VI49 MIDI keyboard connected via USB. It has suddenly stopped being recognized by Windows and prompts a Code 43 error in the device manager. Very rarely, I can get it to work, by simply uninstalling it via Device Manage then scanning for hardware changes.

I have tried different cables, ports (USB 2.0 and 3.0), and computers and everything here: https://www.alesis.com/kb/article/2331

MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time 0ed178fc-cc0e-480c-b3aa-04b7124bf393?upload=true.png

MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time 1fbea2c7-b8ac-4061-994e-41ef2ae7d119?upload=true.png

MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time 3b342fec-fa61-428d-a15d-141368bfd7f4?upload=true.png

MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time 12a032d7-7185-400e-ab08-602550c6f518?upload=true.png

:)

CStarker, Jul 14, 2019
  2. billybs Win User

Midi keyboard not recognized

Hello,

Since i have a windows 10 pc my midi keyboard (Behringer umx490) stopped working. When i plug in the usb windows says USB device not recognized. I've unistalled the device and searched for drivers but nothing seems to work. The keyboard is supposed to be
    a plug and play device and on windows 7 i never had a problem with it.

I would really appreciate any help.

billybs, Jul 14, 2019
  3. USB sound/midi device not recognized

I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and
    plugged into my laptop. I've seen instructions online indicating that device manager should identify the keyboard as a sound device, and that I should be able to choose folder location for correct driver, but can't complete this step as device manager does
    not list the keyboard as an available device.

Any suggestions?

Music ManRX, Jul 14, 2019
  4. MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time

USB Midi Keyboard not recognized (Windows 10)

I've just bought PC with Windows 10, I'm using it for music production. After installing my music production software (Fruity Loops Studio 9) I connected my Midi Keyboard to the USB 3.0 port and it I had no issues. I was making music the entire first day
    of owning my new PC, and the USB Midi keyboard worked perfectly.

By the second day, I decided to install updates for my PC. After applying updates and restarting my PC, I returned to making music, only now to find my PC not recognizing the USB Midi keyboard anymore. I've tried disconnecting from the 3.0 port and connecting
    to 2.0 to see if that was the issue. It's day three now and nothing seems to fix my problem.

PC: CyberPowerPC GLC3600W

CPU: intel i7 6700k 4.0Ghz

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 360

RAM: 8GB DDR4-RAM 1600hz

USB Midi Keyboard: Samson Carbon 49

DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), (music production software):

Fruity Loops Studio 9.0 XXL v9.0.0

ChrisBanks_831, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time

1. MIDI Keyboard Not Recognized Most of The Time - Similar Threads - MIDI Keyboard Recognized

2. MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.: I have a midi-usb cable. MIDI is plugged in and out of the keyboard, and into the computer. My laptop recognizes the keyboard, but does not have any input when I play. Everything is on. I use cakewalk by bandlab, and my laptop is relatively new. Of course, inputs are checked...
  3. MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIDI Keyboard recognized, but input is not going through.: I have a midi-usb cable. MIDI is plugged in and out of the keyboard, and into the computer. My laptop recognizes the keyboard, but does not have any input when I play. Everything is on. I use cakewalk by bandlab, and my laptop is relatively new. Of course, inputs are checked...
  4. MIDI Keyboard Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MIDI Keyboard Not Working Properly: Hi! I have 2 MIDI keyboards, both class compliant. When I plug them in, Windows says its setting it up and both keyboards appear in Device Manager under Sound Control. Says the correct, up to date drivers are installed. However, neither shows up in any DAW or even in the...
  5. My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards.

My computer windows 10 wont recognize midi keyboards.: Hi, my computer is not recognizing my midi keyboard ' i have a minilabmkii ' arturia and my computer iss an hp intelcore i7 11th gen ' 32 GB ram ' when i plug in my midi controller the computer recognizes it but it won´t send a signal to any of the applications. i have...
  6. MIDI keyboard functions

MIDI keyboard functions: I have tried using 2 Midi keyboards on my computer running Windows 10 and neither of them has been able to communicate with my DAW. The keyboard doesn't work on one computer but does on other computers. I looked at the control panel on both computers and noticed that the...
  7. Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting

Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting: Ok so I am sure this problem has been "solved" at least a billion times, but seriously, nothing is working for me. I went from using my Toshiba Protege Z20t perfectly fine with my midi keyboard using a using a USB type B to to type A, but the moment I try to use it on my new...
  8. Windows 10 not recognizing class-compliant MIDI Keyboard Controller

Windows 10 not recognizing class-compliant MIDI Keyboard Controller: TL;DR: can I force Windows to use a MIDI driver when it mis-recognizes a device? Basically, Windows will see the device, think it is a Generic USB Audio device instead of a MIDI controller, and installs the wrong drivers without errors. the result is that I cannot use the...
  9. USB sound/midi device not recognized

USB sound/midi device not recognized: I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and plugged into my...
  10. MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10

MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 920. Disclaimer: I am no computer Guru, but I can read and follow instructions, so here's the story: I've recently gotten more into composing and making music, and decided to purchase a MIDI keyboard. The keyboard I got is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot