Windows 10: Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting

Discus and support Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok so I am sure this problem has been "solved" at least a billion times, but seriously, nothing is working for me. I went from using my Toshiba Protege... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jackbrookes2, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting

Ok so I am sure this problem has been "solved" at least a billion times, but seriously, nothing is working for me. I went from using my Toshiba Protege Z20t perfectly fine with my midi keyboard using a using a USB type B to to type A, but the moment I try to use it on my new Asus F509M, it will randomly cut out. And it wont disconnect; no windows disconnect sound plays, it simply just stops sending input. It doesn't matter what audio program I use, it will say its still connected to my laptop, and its detecting it, but the only way to fix it is to turn my keyboard on and off, then reconnect it, and then wait until it does it again. NOTHING HAS WORKED, I HAVE UPDATED MY USB DRIVERS A MILLION TIMES, ITS NOT A PROGRAM PROBLEM, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEONE HELP :'

and please dont just reply with a random link, lock the thread and then mark it as solved, thanks lol

:)

jackbrookes2, Oct 28, 2020

2. Midi Keyboard Disconnects/Stops Signal after random amount of time.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issue with the connectivity of the midi keyboard.

Please answer the below questions to help you assist better,

1. What is the make and model of the midi keyboard?

2. Do you get any error when the Midi keyboard fails to work?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Connect the midi keyboard and run the below troubleshooter,

Run hardware and Device troubleshooter

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the latest USB drivers from the computer manufacturing website.

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

1. On the search bar type “
    Device Manager

2. On the left pane locate “Universal Serial Bus Controllers” and expand by clicking on it.

3. Right on all the USB adapters and click “Uninstall’

4. Download the latest USB adapter setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

After the above method try connecting midi keyboard again and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 28, 2020
  3. MIDI KEYBOARD NOT DETECTED BY PIANOMARVEL INSTRUCTION SITE

• Have you already checked if the device shows in the Device Manager?
    Yes. Just checked and both MIDI keyboards are listed.

• Have you tried testing the device to a different PC and the same issue occurs?
    Yes....I just hooked up a Dell Pro Windows 10 laptop purchased late last year. 00325-80685-21181-AAOEM. I plugged in the AKM320 MIDI keyboard - (no drivers needed) The system sounded but did not show the AKM320 in Device Manager. I did the same with the
    ACORN Masterkey 49 with the same results. I did open the Piano Marvel site and try to get a recognition of either keyboard, and non were even listed. They did list on my main computer, but did not light up the site indicator for a MIDI signal being received
    as already reported.

Also: I activated a Windows 7 computer here and plugged in the AKM320 MIDI. The device appeared in "game controllers" I installed another DAW in that computer- Cake Walk and was able to get the computer and DAW to read my signals from the AKM keypad. I
    went to the Piano Marvel site but the same outcome occurred- the site did not read my signals from the MIDI key board.

• Are you getting any error messages when connecting the device to your PC?
    When I turn on both piano MIDI keyboards without the DAW running, no error or notice appears--but a connection sound does occur. However when I turn on either keyboard
    while the DAW is running, I get a notice that a MIDI device has been added.

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    2017 Windows 10. I do have an ID number...****************- installed in 2016

I really appreciate your interest in this issue and am glad to check any other areas for you. I have tried everything with no success. One bit of info....There are two programs I've tried to use both of which have a midi keyboard detection in their programs.
    Sight Reading Practice - Piano Music Sight-Reading Practice and Piano Marvel both do not read my midi keyboards. (But my DAW reads both and plays notes) Also a program called MIDI OX was installed by Piano Marvel's tech and the program detected both MIDI's. I am glad to pay for
    any consult should it become necessary.

Thanks again,

MTM

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

MikeMalsbary, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting

Headset, Keyboard, and Mouse Randomly Disconnect

I have tried that. These are the things I tried. I think it is an issue with Windows because this randomly started to occur. I also noticed that if I am playing game the disconnecting gets worse.

• Reset my bios
    • uninstalled drivers
    • uninstalled Logitech software
    • reinstalled windows

ChristopherKurdziel, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting

1. Midi keyboard randomly disconnecting - Similar Threads - Midi keyboard randomly

2. mouse and keyboard disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard disconnects randomly: So i have a razer deathadder v2 as my mouse and a redragon keyboard. both of them started disconnecting randomly when playing games like a few days ago and its happening every minute or so. they are not wireless. and i noticed that this is sometimes happening with sudden...
  3. Keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect.: Both my keyboard and mouse will randomly disconnect from my PC for 1-5 seconds, after that time has passed, they will reconnect. They both disconnect at the exact same time, but sometimes, only the mouse will disconnect. This behavior has never happened with the keyboard. I...
  4. Keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect.

Keyboard and mouse randomly disconnect.: Both my keyboard and mouse will randomly disconnect from my PC for 1-5 seconds, after that time has passed, they will reconnect. They both disconnect at the exact same time, but sometimes, only the mouse will disconnect. This behavior has never happened with the keyboard. I...
  5. MIDI Keyboard randomly disconnecting and connecting

MIDI Keyboard randomly disconnecting and connecting: Hi,My MIDI keyboard just randomly keeps disconnecting and connecting in rapid succession. The keyboard is not the problem because it used to work fine. I have been encountering this problem after a few windows updates. I have tried everything, i mean literally everything i...
  6. MIDI Keyboard randomly disconnecting and connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIDI Keyboard randomly disconnecting and connecting: Hi,My MIDI keyboard just randomly keeps disconnecting and connecting in rapid succession. The keyboard is not the problem because it used to work fine. I have been encountering this problem after a few windows updates. I have tried everything, i mean literally everything i...
  7. MIDI Keyboard randomly disconnecting and connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Keyboard Randomly Disconnecting and Connecting

Keyboard Randomly Disconnecting and Connecting: Hi all, So my keyboard has recently, in the past few weeks, been randomly disconnecting and reconnecting when I'm using my PC. This began only a small amount to start with but now it's becoming harder to use as it struggles to stay connected for long, and even when typing...
  9. Mouse And Keyboard disconnecting Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse And Keyboard disconnecting Randomly: My mouse and keyboard is turning off for few seconds and turn on. And sometimes completely Disconnects . Then i have to reconnect them. Then some times the mouse frozes for few seconds. keyboard and mouse turns off randomly more often during playing Games. I have tried the...
  10. Keyboard randomly disconnects in games

Keyboard randomly disconnects in games: Hello, I am running windows 10 pro x64 and I have a problem with my keyboard, which suddenly stops working, especially when entering a game like Rift or Skyforge. Few minutes after I join it just shuts down and I have to restart the PC. I tried win key+space, i tried pushing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. akm 320 keys stop workingn for a few seconds

2. usb midi device randomly disconnects