Windows 10: Midi Software

Discus and support Midi Software in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a Miracle Keyboard (Software Toolworks Legacy) and a Windows 10 PC. I plan to use a USB-MIDI cable connection. All I want to do is be able to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JohnDSX, Jul 31, 2019.

1. JohnDSX Win User

Midi Software

I have a Miracle Keyboard (Software Toolworks Legacy) and a Windows 10 PC. I plan to use a USB-MIDI cable connection. All I want to do is be able to press a key on the keyboard and have the note play through the speakers. Unfortunately I have absolutely no understanding of how it all works (and really don't care), but I have been told that I need a "music program" to tie it all together and DirectMusic has been mentioned.

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed correct? And if so, how would I obtain the software?

Thanks.

:)

JohnDSX, Jul 31, 2019

2. No MIDI support?

I am very happy with my new phone (Nokia Lumia 520), but I can't understand why MIDI support has been dropped from Windows phone. My old (2004) feature phone was capable of playing them as well as MP3 and other formats, and using them as ringtones as well
    (without time/size limitation). MIDI files are very efficient storage-wise since they take very little space. I like having different ringtones for people in my contacts list and converting MIDI to MP3 turns an under 3MB MIDI library into a monster 400+MB
    of shortened MP3 music/ringtones. Implementing a MIDI mapper/codec in a much more powerful "smartphone" shouldn't take a lot of room in the system software. Am I wrong thinking this?

JuanDBravo, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 31, 2019
  4. cdawall Win User

Midi Software

MIDI Drivers?

this is a bad suggestion but you could disable the card and run off your onboard if it really bothers you sry no bug help w/ midi try emailing craeative they should help

cdawall, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

Midi Software

1. Midi Software - Similar Threads - Midi Software

2. What is the latest 'skinny' on Microsoft's promised fully implemented MIDI 2.x into Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the latest 'skinny' on Microsoft's promised fully implemented MIDI 2.x into Windows...: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/windows-music-dev/tag/midi-2-0has gone 'radio silence' for a tad too longish.Are there others involved I am not aware of?Thanks, my Ableton Live 12 Studio is stuck on 10 until ...take carebe safe...
  3. What is the latest 'skinny' on Microsoft's promised fully implemented MIDI 2.x into Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the latest 'skinny' on Microsoft's promised fully implemented MIDI 2.x into Windows...: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/windows-music-dev/tag/midi-2-0has gone 'radio silence' for a tad too longish.Are there others involved I am not aware of?Thanks, my Ableton Live 12 Studio is stuck on 10 until ...take carebe safe...
  4. What is the latest 'skinny' on Microsoft's promised fully implemented MIDI 2.x into Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...: Hello everyone,All of sudden none of my extern or intern MIDI devices/software dont't work on my PC anymore. Either in my DAW music software or in different software, that uses MIDI none of my MIDI keyboards, interfaces and intern MIDI-Software like LoopMIDI don't show up...
  6. MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...: Hello everyone,All of sudden none of my extern or intern MIDI devices/software dont't work on my PC anymore. Either in my DAW music software or in different software, that uses MIDI none of my MIDI keyboards, interfaces and intern MIDI-Software like LoopMIDI don't show up...
  7. MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...

8. Communication between Microsoft and DAW software for MIDI controller.

Communication between Microsoft and DAW software for MIDI controller.: So I have an older Casio Midi controller that I have been trying to use in my DAW software. I currently use Waveform but have attempted this in Ableton as well. When I plug the controller into my laptop, it picks it up and shows it is connected and functioning in my devices...
  9. casio usb midi device events shows not migrated, will not show in sound/music software

casio usb midi device events shows not migrated, will not show in sound/music software: Hello! I have been working on this ALL NIGHT! I finally found to look under device manager where Windows says Casio USB Midi is working properly yet it does not show as an input device in either Audacity or Darkwave Studio. In device manager, under the EVENTS tab it...
  10. MIDI files software

MIDI files software: I need software to play music on: hymntime.com/tch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/midi-files-software/f76b0bae-5b9d-4d9b-8f01-48fc974e8e78