Windows 10: MIDI Windows 10, M-Audio

Discus and support MIDI Windows 10, M-Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I just updated from Win 8.1 to 10. I had two M-Audio MIDI interfaces that were working very happily on Win 8.1 with the M-Audio driver 6.1.3.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by edwardalstrom, Jun 4, 2020.

1. MIDI Windows 10, M-Audio

Hi. I just updated from Win 8.1 to 10.

I had two M-Audio MIDI interfaces that were working very happily on Win 8.1 with the M-Audio driver 6.1.3.

Since I migrated, I can't even install this driver. Any installation says 'Setup Wizard Ended Prematurely'. Clean boot, hooked up or not, previous driverws uninstalled.

To top it off, when I did have the MIDI wires connected, I started getting a very audible ground hum.

What can I do? Thx!

And what is a reliable USB MIDI interface that is tested and works?

:)

edwardalstrom, Jun 4, 2020

2. USB MIDI Audio Interface (M-Audio USB MIDI device) - not working in certain applications for MIDI Input.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

1) I have a MIDI keyboard connected to my desktop via a M-Audio USB MIDI Interface.

2) This device has worked before fine, but all-of-a-sudden, one of the apps I use to write music (Famitracker) suddenly will not open the MIDI Input. It's the same error I get when another application is using the MIDI controller at the same time - maybe
    there is some service or application running in the background that is using the MIDI controller? If so, I can't figure out what it would be.

3) MIDI-OX (the software used to test MIDI input/output) also will not open the MIDI controller input. It says Unknown external error.

4) However, Finale V 25 detects the MIDI controller and I am able to use my MIDI keyboard just fine.

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

BorisBeckah, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    USB MIDI Audio Interface (M-Audio USB MIDI device) - not working in certain applications for MIDI Input.

Hi Boris,

This can either an app-related issue or a hardware-related issue. For us to provide a suitable solution with your MIDI Audio Interface issue and isolate what caused it, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• As you've mentioned it was working before, were there any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What other external devices are connected to your computer aside from the audio interface?
    • Are these external devices being detected on your device without any issues?

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 4, 2020
  4. MIDI Windows 10, M-Audio

MIDI Interface Not Recognized

Hey guys,

I make music with M-Audio's Trigger Finger MIDI control surface and my Asus desktop with Windows 10 doesn't recognize the device when it becomes plugged in but when it's plugged into my Asus Netbook with Windows 10 it's recognized and drivers automatically
    install fine. Now I contacted M-Audio and I manually downloaded their drivers and the device was still not recognized. M-Audio then recommended me to contact you guys to see what further troubleshooting I can do to get it working. Any suggestions would be
    great, thanks!

-Brett

BrettHagreen, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

MIDI Windows 10, M-Audio

1. MIDI Windows 10, M-Audio - Similar Threads - MIDI Audio

2. What is the latest 'skinny' on Microsoft's promised fully implemented MIDI 2.x into Windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the latest 'skinny' on Microsoft's promised fully implemented MIDI 2.x into Windows...: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/windows-music-dev/tag/midi-2-0has gone 'radio silence' for a tad too longish.Are there others involved I am not aware of?Thanks, my Ableton Live 12 Studio is stuck on 10 until ...take carebe safe...
  3. What is the latest 'skinny' on Microsoft's promised fully implemented MIDI 2.x into Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the latest 'skinny' on Microsoft's promised fully implemented MIDI 2.x into Windows...: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/windows-music-dev/tag/midi-2-0has gone 'radio silence' for a tad too longish.Are there others involved I am not aware of?Thanks, my Ableton Live 12 Studio is stuck on 10 until ...take carebe safe...
  4. What is the latest 'skinny' on Microsoft's promised fully implemented MIDI 2.x into Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...: Hello everyone,All of sudden none of my extern or intern MIDI devices/software dont't work on my PC anymore. Either in my DAW music software or in different software, that uses MIDI none of my MIDI keyboards, interfaces and intern MIDI-Software like LoopMIDI don't show up...
  6. MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIDI communication doesn't work inside pc anymore - Different extern and intern MIDI...: Hello everyone,All of sudden none of my extern or intern MIDI devices/software dont't work on my PC anymore. Either in my DAW music software or in different software, that uses MIDI none of my MIDI keyboards, interfaces and intern MIDI-Software like LoopMIDI don't show up...
  7. Midiman/M-Audio USB Midi Controller Oxygen 8 Windows 10 support

Midiman/M-Audio USB Midi Controller Oxygen 8 Windows 10 support: Hello, I've followed several questions here in the forum related to the midi controller mentioned in the subject above. Just wanted to let you know that you still can use the controller in Windows 10 with downloading the old latest drivers from the website of M-Audio and...
  8. midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    midi keyboard audio output (x-post from /r/midi): Hi. I've connected a very old Yamaha PSR 320 via a midi to usb cable to my PC. It is being recognized by various apps and they can record it too but the sound comes out of my Keyboard speakers instead of my PC speakers. Not just the recording, also when I play it. The weird...
  9. [19041] Audio Endpoint Builder removes custom MIDI drivers!

[19041] Audio Endpoint Builder removes custom MIDI drivers!: In the latest 2004 Slow ring build 19041, maybe also in 19033, the Audio Endpoint Builder service removes all custom MIDI drivers e. g. Coolsoft VirtualMidiSynth from the system and replaces them by the builtin library. Every time upon reboot I need to reinstall these drivers...
  10. M-Audio usb midi keyboard is detected but does not work

M-Audio usb midi keyboard is detected but does not work: I have been struggling for sometime now trying to get my midi keyboard working again. it was working fine but after a windows update stopped working. I have tried the keyboard on my laptop running windows 10 also and it works fine but I need to get it working on my desktop....