Windows 10: Might as well post here while I try to fix it, bluetooth wont work and the option will not...

Discus and support Might as well post here while I try to fix it, bluetooth wont work and the option will not... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RankRacerDerps [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RankRacerDerps, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Might as well post here while I try to fix it, bluetooth wont work and the option will not...

/u/RankRacerDerps, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Kumquatq3 Win User

Windows 10 Post-Creator Update: Settings will not open & Bluetooth will not work

COMPATIBILITY: My PC is expressly listed on the link you provided as compatible: XPS 13 9350. I listed the make and model in my first post, so it's disheartening to see you suggest it's compatibility, and provide a link that expressly says it isn't.

BLUETOOTH: The bluetooth is not the issue, as all devices worked previously. Further, I doubt bluetooth is why MS Word wont load.

I've looked for the answer in the forums, I have timely taken all advice you have offered.

This is a technical issue, likely based on the Creator Patch, and I would really really appreciate some help or an escalation.

If you cannot provide me with additional help, please provided me with the appropriate next step or contact info.

Kumquatq3, Oct 27, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 27, 2020
  4. nick255 Win User

Might as well post here while I try to fix it, bluetooth wont work and the option will not...

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Might as well post here while I try to fix it, bluetooth wont work and the option will not...

1. Might as well post here while I try to fix it, bluetooth wont work and the option will not... - Similar Threads - Might post here

2. This is actually an old question, but it was suggested that I might post it here for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is actually an old question, but it was suggested that I might post it here for...: I just got a Surface Pro 8 and put Windows 11 Pro on it straight away. I also have a desktop with Win 10 Pro on it and I have the password disabled so it goes straight to the desktop upon startup. I only just learned that the practice of disabling the password is "by design"...
  3. This is actually an old question, but it was suggested that I might post it here for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is actually an old question, but it was suggested that I might post it here for...: I just got a Surface Pro 8 and put Windows 11 Pro on it straight away. I also have a desktop with Win 10 Pro on it and I have the password disabled so it goes straight to the desktop upon startup. I only just learned that the practice of disabling the password is "by design"...
  4. What might be the fix for getting continuous beep sound while playing video in a Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What might be the fix for getting continuous beep sound while playing video in a Bluetooth...: Getting continuous beep sound while playing video in a Bluetooth headset.It was good with windows 10, issue appears after windows update updated from windows 10 to windows 11.Though, audio is proper while running the diagnosis and it reappear as soon as the diagnosis window...
  5. What might be the fix for getting continuous beep sound while playing video in a Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What might be the fix for getting continuous beep sound while playing video in a Bluetooth...: Getting continuous beep sound while playing video in a Bluetooth headset.It was good with windows 10, issue appears after windows update updated from windows 10 to windows 11.Though, audio is proper while running the diagnosis and it reappear as soon as the diagnosis window...
  6. Bluetooth headphones microphone wont work while in stereo

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones microphone wont work while in stereo: Trying to game with some friends and windows 10 will only let me use the Microphone on my airpods while in headset mode, where the audio is in mono. This is problematic while playing PUBG. To clarify the sound issue is not related to any specific application, but every output...
  7. OK i know this might not go down well but...

in Windows 10 Support
    OK i know this might not go down well but...: Hello Yesterday i decided to let W10 go ahead and download feature update 2004 and be done with it already because it was appearing as "pending" in Windows Update. Now before this i knew it might take some time but i never imagined it would take this long. It took 3 HOURS...
  8. New here... and well..

New here... and well..: I'm an idiot, got drunk and thought I was a pirate and apparently installed that game Green Hell, played it to the campfire scene when it started shooting out a high-pitched noise and restarted the PC. Now it is stuck in the auto repair loop, and I tried the 6 out of 7 steps...
  9. I DONT KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS SO I POSTED IT HERE! I TRIED TO TORRENT A GAME (ONI) AND IT...

I DONT KNOW WHERE TO POST THIS SO I POSTED IT HERE! I TRIED TO TORRENT A GAME (ONI) AND IT...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Itsyarandomboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fjrrop/i_dont_know_where_to_post_this_so_i_posted_it/
  10. Might as well be in Klingon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Might as well be in Klingon?: Can anyone tell me what this is about, then kindly direct it to the correct board, please? <Exception><Type>System.Xml.XmlException</Type><Message><![CDATA[The '/' character, hexadecimal value 0x2F, cannot be included in a...