Windows 10: Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure

Discus and support Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I remember downloading a fishy "Windows Update" file some time in the middle of the night. After a popup for a AdBlock Plus donation, or subscrition I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tammygreely, May 1, 2020.

1. Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure

I remember downloading a fishy "Windows Update" file some time in the middle of the night. After a popup for a AdBlock Plus donation, or subscrition I don't remember and one for Nord VPN, plus weird computer performance issues on my applications I ran McAfee's Full Scan. I got rid of something called mbr.exe, a day later I ran Malwarebytes and got a rid of a lot of pups disguised as offical Microsoft/Windows things. I then ran SUPERantispyware and only found cookies, I deleted both of them after they finished their full scans. I also have McAfee running all the time for security, but something in my gut keeps telling me there might be something else, is there anything else I need to do?

:)

tammygreely, May 1, 2020
  2. br4dz Win User

[FS][US]   Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

It's a C0 stepped.

br4dz, May 1, 2020
  3. NinkobEi Win User
    [FS][US]   Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

might want to list it's stepping. is it C0 or E0?

NinkobEi, May 1, 2020
  4. Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure

1. Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure - Similar Threads - Might paranoia wanted

2. Malware or Paranoia?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware or Paranoia?: I believe I'm watching privilege escalation happen in the Windows Event Logs but I'm not 100% sure and would love some feedback. I had Windows 10 home installed on my laptop when I started viewing my Event logs due to being locked out of a lot of the privileges, I should have...
  3. Malware or Paranoia?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware or Paranoia?: I believe I'm watching privilege escalation happen in the Windows Event Logs but I'm not 100% sure and would love some feedback. I had Windows 10 home installed on my laptop when I started viewing my Event logs due to being locked out of a lot of the privileges, I should have...
  4. Hi Good Morning I have canceled my account.. Just want to make sure they don't charge me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi Good Morning I have canceled my account.. Just want to make sure they don't charge me...: Good Morning. I have canceled my driver one account ..Want to be sure they don't charge my account this month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-good-morning-i-have-canceled-my-account-just/191d9f64-f1de-4141-a0ea-df9a5bbf9a4c
  5. Hi Good Morning I have canceled my account.. Just want to make sure they don't charge me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Good Morning I have canceled my account.. Just want to make sure they don't charge me...: Good Morning. I have canceled my driver one account ..Want to be sure they don't charge my account this month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-good-morning-i-have-canceled-my-account-just/191d9f64-f1de-4141-a0ea-df9a5bbf9a4c
  6. Hi Good Morning I have canceled my account.. Just want to make sure they don't charge me...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 Paranoia

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Paranoia: I've done dumb stuff on my pc, and what worries me the most was that it wasn't hardware wise. Ive reinstalled driver software and chipsets multiple times and something corrupted with the software or chipset and had to restore my pc to a previous point to use it, factory reset...
  8. I want to make sure my usb stick doesn't have malware.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to make sure my usb stick doesn't have malware.: So, about like 2 years ago I ended up getting RAT malware on a test laptop, it was fine because it was a test laptop I was going to completely destroy with all types of malware and finish it off with Memz anyway, but my dumb self left my usb stick in when I got the RAT...
  9. These the right updates (just making sure)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These the right updates (just making sure)?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FlippingBLEEP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ep9ksa/these_the_right_updates_just_making_sure/
  10. Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You": Okay, I was just watching a video when all of the sudden, I got a pop up window from Windows Security, saying "Just Making Sure it's You" and required me to enter my PIN. This has so far been the only time it's happened to me, but I'm already enraged. I ran a search on the...