Windows 10: Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure

Discus and support Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I remember downloading a fishy "Windows Update" file some time in the middle of the night. After a popup for a AdBlock Plus donation, or subscrition I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tammygreely, May 1, 2020.

1. Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure

I remember downloading a fishy "Windows Update" file some time in the middle of the night. After a popup for a AdBlock Plus donation, or subscrition I don't remember and one for Nord VPN, plus weird computer performance issues on my applications I ran McAfee's Full Scan. I got rid of something called mbr.exe, a day later I ran Malwarebytes and got a rid of a lot of pups disguised as offical Microsoft/Windows things. I then ran SUPERantispyware and only found cookies, I deleted both of them after they finished their full scans. I also have McAfee running all the time for security, but something in my gut keeps telling me there might be something else, is there anything else I need to do?

:)

tammygreely, May 1, 2020
  2. br4dz Win User

[FS][US]   Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

It's a C0 stepped.

br4dz, May 1, 2020
  3. NinkobEi Win User
    [FS][US]   Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

might want to list it's stepping. is it C0 or E0?

NinkobEi, May 1, 2020
  4. Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure

1. Might be paranoia, but just wanted to make sure - Similar Threads - Might paranoia wanted

2. These the right updates (just making sure)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    These the right updates (just making sure)?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FlippingBLEEP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ep9ksa/these_the_right_updates_just_making_sure/
  3. "Making Sure You're ready to Install"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Making Sure You're ready to Install": Hi All, I have been trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 Pro for days. It has been stuck at "Making Sure You're ready to Install" for hours (Let it run overnight). I want to upgrade rather than clean install. I have tried this latest time with no internet connection...
  4. Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn off "Just Making Sure it's You": Okay, I was just watching a video when all of the sudden, I got a pop up window from Windows Security, saying "Just Making Sure it's You" and required me to enter my PIN. This has so far been the only time it's happened to me, but I'm already enraged. I ran a search on the...
  5. Um, you guys might want to read this.

Um, you guys might want to read this.: Read this: https://itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html You might have second thoughts on using windows 10 after this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/um-you-guys-might-want-to-read-this/3c50688e-1d6a-4d43-8a26-7682bef9642f"
  6. I just want to stop my windows from making upgrades

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I just want to stop my windows from making upgrades: Dear People, I just want to disable my Windows 10 so that it does not make any upgrades any more or anything that it does does it improve itself. I am just satisfied with the way Windows works right now and I do not see any need for additional upgrades. Kind regards. 134674
  7. I just want to stop my windows from making upgrades

in Windows 10 Support
    I just want to stop my windows from making upgrades: Dear People, I just want to disable my Windows 10 so that it does not make any upgrades any more or anything that it does does it improve itself. I am just satisfied with the way Windows works right now and I do not see any need for additional upgrades. Kind regards. 134674
  8. Possible False Positives, Wanting to Be Sure

Possible False Positives, Wanting to Be Sure: Hello Community, I have recently re-installed Windows 10 from scratch, using version 1809 as a Hyper-V role. One of the programs I install is Hyperoo which is used in a backup capacity for my Hyper-V instances. In doing this, I have been getting threats found like the...
  9. stuck at "making sure you're ready to install"

stuck at "making sure you're ready to install": Hi guys, im attempting to upgrade my zbook 15u g2 from windows 7 pro to windows 10 using the media creation tool, and ive disabled antivirus and security essential's real time protection... but after leaving it stuck at "making sure you're ready to install" for more than 12...
  10. Making sure you are ready to Install

Making sure you are ready to Install: In the ISO setup, this is taking a LONG time. I would say over 10 minutes. [img] So, does anyone know what does this step actually do that's taking very long? Would be nice to know why it is just taking forever. 81184