Windows 10: Might have a virus

Discus and support Might have a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Working for a client. Opened a safe looking word doc. Followed promts to enable it started loading the doc. Had all kinds of actresses names...quickly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChrisPbass, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Might have a virus

Working for a client. Opened a safe looking word doc. Followed promts to enable it started loading the doc. Had all kinds of actresses names...quickly shut it down
    I had already scanned the file manually w Kasperky
    Deleted it completely...everything seemed fine
    This a.m. logged in, Kasperky stuck at 1% scanning something. Everything is sluggish. Used task mgr to shut down...took 10 minutes
    Boots up. Loads dtop wallpaper but doesnt seem to do anything. Trying shut down from login screen seems like it will never shut down
    Got it into safemode (LAN unplugged) malwarebytes doesnt find anything. Kasp looking...much slower but hasnt found anything. (I have 4 drives)
    Should I boot to some sort of virus killer? I have a 2nd pc
    I'm old...and suck at typing on my phone.

The doc had efax in its title and was a collection letter

Kasperky grinds away and then is just done. It does not say anything. I am in selective scan where you have to add a drive or file and when I look up its just sitting there waiting for me to add something

Logged into my Kasperky online...virus detected
    Win32.badur in colorfonts
    There is an option to resolve but im paranoid about connecting to the net

:)

ChrisPbass, Oct 30, 2019

2. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Jsssssssss, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Might have a virus

Bruce Hagen, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Might have a virus

1. Might have a virus - Similar Threads - Might virus

2. I can't delete a file that has been downloaded by itself which might contain a virus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete a file that has been downloaded by itself which might contain a virus.: Good evening, Recently, an ad appeared and downloaded a program which might be quarantined at the moment but unfortunately I can not delete it. This specific program it must has a virus. I tried even from "CMD" to get rid of it but still nothing happens.I am afraid of doing...
  3. I can't delete a file that has been downloaded by itself which might contain a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't delete a file that has been downloaded by itself which might contain a virus.: Good evening, Recently, an ad appeared and downloaded a program which might be quarantined at the moment but unfortunately I can not delete it. This specific program it must has a virus. I tried even from "CMD" to get rid of it but still nothing happens.I am afraid of doing...
  4. I might have a virus taking up storage, help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I might have a virus taking up storage, help: So, i looked around in settings, at the storage tab and saw that apps take about 120gbs of storage but when i select to see all of them the biggest it founds is whatsapp taking aroun 5 gb. Also all of them togheter do not get up to 120 gb, help?...
  5. I might have a virus taking up storage, help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I might have a virus taking up storage, help: So, i looked around in settings, at the storage tab and saw that apps take about 120gbs of storage but when i select to see all of them the biggest it founds is whatsapp taking aroun 5 gb. Also all of them togheter do not get up to 120 gb, help?...
  6. I might have a virus taking up storage, help

7. Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...: My computer is acting weird lately or maybe i'm just getting paranoid. it got slower, prone to shutdowns and weird stuff going on. I can't point a finger whether it's a hardware my avr is gonna get replaced soon, as it was making weird cracking sounds and shutsdown my...
  8. Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...: My computer is acting weird lately or maybe i'm just getting paranoid. it got slower, prone to shutdowns and weird stuff going on. I can't point a finger whether it's a hardware my avr is gonna get replaced soon, as it was making weird cracking sounds and shutsdown my...
  9. Should i be concerned that there's this weird file names? they might be trojan viruses...

10. How do I fix this? Might I have a virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix this? Might I have a virus?: To start this off, all these issues started today a few hours ago.I was playing and seemed to get much higher FPS drops than usual my computer sucks but not THIS much… I started switching settings up and using the razer optimization feature for a few games. I opened one of my...