Windows 10: Might have caught some malware

Discus and support Might have caught some malware in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. I use Windows 10 and Chrome.Ever since a few days ago I started getting pop up links to ads sites such as offers.alibaba.com etc,.For... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Gun98, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Gun98 Win User

Might have caught some malware

Hello.

I use Windows 10 and Chrome.Ever since a few days ago I started getting pop up links to ads sites such as offers.alibaba.com etc,.For example:when I click on normal texts on a web page(or just a link),sometimes it(my desired webpage) opens on a new tab and the current tab redirects to an ads site.

It wasn't until I downloaded some program from a shady website.(I deleted the file tho).I scanned my computer with Windows Defender thingy and numerous programs such as Hitman Pro, Antimalware etc; all detected some viruses and deleted them,but the problem persists.

Any help?

:)

Gun98, Jun 12, 2016

2. unwanted automatic resend texts N96

That's very odd indeed.

It could be some malware you caught. Have you installed some application you couldn't trust or a theme or opened an SMS/MMS that didn't recognize?

el_loco---01, Jun 12, 2016
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Microsoft Virus

Just caught up with this and thought it might be useful to warn everyone not to visit that Microsoftalerts site.
    It's a known dangerous site per Norton.

There is other info in
    this thread on their Forum that might help.

Taffy087, Jun 12, 2016
  4. Might have caught some malware

An extension can be causing this as well, try to temporarily disable all of them.

TairikuOkami, Jun 12, 2016
  5. Gun98 Win User
    I've just used AdwCleaner and deleted some stuff.However,I still see some safe links (it wasn't like this before) redirecting me to some spam web page.

Sure I'll try it out.But the only extensions I have on chrome are AdBlock Plus and Google Docs.

Gun98, Jun 12, 2016
  6. Hi:

It does sound as if you have picked up a browser hijacker or worse...

In addition to the usual, manual, on-demand scans (AdwCleaner, JRT, ESET online scanner, Malwarebytes, etc.), if this is happening repeatedly in Chrome, it could be respawning from your sync data. You might want to try some of the steps here:

How To Delete Your Google Chrome Browser Sync Data
    Chrome - Reset browser settings
    Reset Chrome sync

If that fails then you might want to Uninstall Google Chrome and do not reinstall until you are sure the system is clean.

If all else fails, you might want to head to the Security sub-forum here, or to one of several, reputable, dedicated computer disinfection fora for a bit of free, expert, guided help. Those folks will know the correct tools to run (and in which sequence). Sometimes, custom scripts written by a trained expert are needed in order to fully clean the system.

HTH,

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Might have caught some malware

1. Might have caught some malware - Similar Threads - Might caught malware

2. Have some sort of malware - need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have some sort of malware - need help: Win 11.Just got this PC up and going 2 months ago. The security scans said I had Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah but it does not report that anymore in any of the malware products I have used.1. Emsisoft2. HitMan Pro3. Zemana ANtiMalware4. Combo Cleaner5. Windows Defender and...
  3. Have some sort of malware - need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have some sort of malware - need help: Win 11.Just got this PC up and going 2 months ago. The security scans said I had Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah but it does not report that anymore in any of the malware products I have used.1. Emsisoft2. HitMan Pro3. Zemana ANtiMalware4. Combo Cleaner5. Windows Defender and...
  4. I am worried that my pc might have malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am worried that my pc might have malware: Hi there I want to start this by saying that I am not a very tech savvy person.That being said it all started when I was browsing the internet trying to find information about some actor who passed awayI am romanian.As I was looking at some google images I accidentally...
  5. I am worried that my pc might have malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am worried that my pc might have malware: Hi there I want to start this by saying that I am not a very tech savvy person.That being said it all started when I was browsing the internet trying to find information about some actor who passed awayI am romanian.As I was looking at some google images I accidentally...
  6. I was hacked but i might have some weird tasks running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I was hacked but i might have some weird tasks running: I recently downloaded an extension from google which had good reviews but it seems it was a trojan virus https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/buster-captcha-solver-for/mpbjkejclgfgadiemmefgebjfooflfhl?hl=en. The extension works fine but they tell you that if you download...
  7. Some Windows Update might be corrupted?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Windows Update might be corrupted?: Hi I had this problem on my lenovo Ideapad PC windows 10 where some of my settings are not working or letting me open. First notice when I can’t hear anything through my headsets and I saw there are no device detected even the built in speaker can’t be detected and I tried...
  8. Might have a virus

Might have a virus: Working for a client. Opened a safe looking word doc. Followed promts to enable it started loading the doc. Had all kinds of actresses names...quickly shut it down I had already scanned the file manually w Kasperky Deleted it completely...everything seemed fine This a.m....
  9. I Might be Infected with Malware

I Might be Infected with Malware: I had an experience recently where a page opened, and I was unable to close it. Anything I typed was hidden behind this page. Task Master did not close it. I ran the Microsoft Removal Tool but this came back saying nothing was wrong. I called a service I have for remote...
  10. I might have found malware called "audiodg.exe"

I might have found malware called "audiodg.exe": Does anyone know about this executable (as malware) and how to get rid of it? Thank you! 74747