Windows 10: Might have caught some malware

Discus and support Might have caught some malware in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. I use Windows 10 and Chrome.Ever since a few days ago I started getting pop up links to ads sites such as offers.alibaba.com etc,.For... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Gun98, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Gun98 Win User

Might have caught some malware

Hello.

I use Windows 10 and Chrome.Ever since a few days ago I started getting pop up links to ads sites such as offers.alibaba.com etc,.For example:when I click on normal texts on a web page(or just a link),sometimes it(my desired webpage) opens on a new tab and the current tab redirects to an ads site.

It wasn't until I downloaded some program from a shady website.(I deleted the file tho).I scanned my computer with Windows Defender thingy and numerous programs such as Hitman Pro, Antimalware etc; all detected some viruses and deleted them,but the problem persists.

Any help?

:)

Gun98, Jun 12, 2016

2. unwanted automatic resend texts N96

That's very odd indeed.

It could be some malware you caught. Have you installed some application you couldn't trust or a theme or opened an SMS/MMS that didn't recognize?

el_loco---01, Jun 12, 2016
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    Microsoft Virus

Just caught up with this and thought it might be useful to warn everyone not to visit that Microsoftalerts site.
    It's a known dangerous site per Norton.

There is other info in
    this thread on their Forum that might help.

Taffy087, Jun 12, 2016
  4. Might have caught some malware

An extension can be causing this as well, try to temporarily disable all of them.

TairikuOkami, Jun 12, 2016
  5. Gun98 Win User
    I've just used AdwCleaner and deleted some stuff.However,I still see some safe links (it wasn't like this before) redirecting me to some spam web page.

Sure I'll try it out.But the only extensions I have on chrome are AdBlock Plus and Google Docs.

Gun98, Jun 12, 2016
  6. Hi:

It does sound as if you have picked up a browser hijacker or worse...

In addition to the usual, manual, on-demand scans (AdwCleaner, JRT, ESET online scanner, Malwarebytes, etc.), if this is happening repeatedly in Chrome, it could be respawning from your sync data. You might want to try some of the steps here:

How To Delete Your Google Chrome Browser Sync Data
    Chrome - Reset browser settings
    Reset Chrome sync

If that fails then you might want to Uninstall Google Chrome and do not reinstall until you are sure the system is clean.

If all else fails, you might want to head to the Security sub-forum here, or to one of several, reputable, dedicated computer disinfection fora for a bit of free, expert, guided help. Those folks will know the correct tools to run (and in which sequence). Sometimes, custom scripts written by a trained expert are needed in order to fully clean the system.

HTH,

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Might have caught some malware

1. Might have caught some malware - Similar Threads - Might caught malware

2. What might have happened?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What might have happened?: I've just got to my PC in the morning, to update an Excel spreadsheet and its format looks nothing like it did when I saved it yesterday morning. A panel popped up "Support for Excel 2010 is ending" but I don't want to update, so I closed it. Then the trouble started. When...
  3. I might have a memory leak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I might have a memory leak: So I've recently started to notice that my ram usage in Task manager shows a higher percentage used than what is actually being used. How do I find the problem causing this? submitted by /u/Emptynamez [link] [comments]...
  4. I have Infected with Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have Infected with Malware: My computer has recently become infected with Malware. It is OK for about 20 minutes after startup but then programs randomly start and the view zooms in. Grey spots appear on the left side of the screen where icons normally appear on Desktop. A few popup ads will...
  5. Might have a virus

Might have a virus: Working for a client. Opened a safe looking word doc. Followed promts to enable it started loading the doc. Had all kinds of actresses names...quickly shut it down I had already scanned the file manually w Kasperky Deleted it completely...everything seemed fine This a.m....
  6. I Might be Infected with Malware

I Might be Infected with Malware: I had an experience recently where a page opened, and I was unable to close it. Anything I typed was hidden behind this page. Task Master did not close it. I ran the Microsoft Removal Tool but this came back saying nothing was wrong. I called a service I have for remote...
  7. I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...

I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...: so about yesterday when i was sitting on my pc i got a ping from avira saying that it had quartined a suspicious file that looked like a CryptoMiner.gen so thinking nothing of it i did the rational thing and told avira to remove the malware and then went on with my day an...
  8. Drivers, Have some, need some

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers, Have some, need some: Am new here. Have Drivers for an HP Deskjet 560c. Would like to leave them somewhere they can be shared. Need drivers for Okidata ML 186 Perfect would be to have those drivers for Windows, as well as for Microsoft Works 2.0 for DOS and Linux. I do understand Drivers for...
  9. I might have found malware called "audiodg.exe"

I might have found malware called "audiodg.exe": Does anyone know about this executable (as malware) and how to get rid of it? Thank you! 74747
  10. Caught in safe mode

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Caught in safe mode: I tried to do a system restore... it failed several times using several restore points. I finally took advice I found googling that suggested doing the system restore from safe mode. Since apparently some kinds of software do not have the good manners to stop and let a...