Windows 10: might have to reinstall windows

Discus and support might have to reinstall windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today I have discovered many issues. First, geforce experience got the 0x0003 and 0x0001 errors. I tried many solutions that ended in nothing but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/haloha_x, Jul 31, 2020.

1. might have to reinstall windows

Today I have discovered many issues. First, geforce experience got the 0x0003 and 0x0001 errors. I tried many solutions that ended in nothing but the same error. Found out that windows wasnt updated. So I try to update it and get the error 0xc1900204, see something where I have to do sfc /scannow. So I do this and it just tells me that it cant at 39% Every time I try it (4 times + restarting my pc and trying in safe mode). Then I try repairing my c drive, I had to type something in cmd then restart, dont remember what. Does that, nothing changes. So, I download an iso and it gives me 3, well 1 option. All it lets me do is remove EVERYTHING. I feel that this is my only option. Yes, my computer can still do shit right now, but never updating it is obviously not a good thing. Now, the issue is that I would have to reinstall my games, pair all my bluetooth devices again, download a whole lot more stuff that I use. It would be a hassle. So I have a few questions.

1. Will this make my computer slower?
    2. Can this brick my pc?
    3. Is it worth it?

I've ran windows defender and it removed 2 things from my c drive but that didnt do anything.

Thoughts on this scenario?

amd ryzen 5 3600

nvidia geforce gtx 1660

16 gb ram

submitted by /u/haloha_x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/haloha_x, Jul 31, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond might have to reinstall windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 31, 2020
  3. jpierce55 Win User
    Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Jul 31, 2020
  4. br4dz Win User

might have to reinstall windows

[FS][US]   Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

It's a C0 stepped.

br4dz, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

might have to reinstall windows

1. might have to reinstall windows - Similar Threads - might reinstall

2. Anybody knows what is going on? I Assume that its a bug but I might be wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anybody knows what is going on? I Assume that its a bug but I might be wrong: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PidarBlyad [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0qbbt/anybody_knows_what_is_going_on_i_assume_that_its/
  3. I might have destroyed my computer

I might have destroyed my computer: I was playing a video game, and all of a sudden, my PC freezes and crashes. It is then on the blue, restarting, please do not turn off your computer page, with a sad face. I turned off my Computer and turned it on again. Now, I am stuck on the Reboot and Select proper Boot...
  4. Please fix: "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please fix: "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be...: All programs are closed. When I click on Eject first it takes like 20 seconds until the popup appears, the message comes "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." I closed already all programs and I...
  5. Windows 10’s new Start Menu upgrade might launch later this year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new Start Menu upgrade might launch later this year: As we’ve been reporting, Windows 10 20H2 is going to be delivered in the form of a small enablement package and the system’s build number will bump by one digit, just like November 2019 Update. When Windows 10 20H2 preview update was announced, Microsoft didn’t announce any...
  6. Windows 10’s Start Menu might be getting curvy corners soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s Start Menu might be getting curvy corners soon: It looks like Microsoft is finally planning a subtle change to the design of future versions of Windows 10, with the recent development suggesting that rounded corners are coming back to focus. In an effort to make Windows 10’s interface consistent with web and app-style...
  7. Dell Inspiron stuck at "Checking the connection to Microsoft" This might take a while"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron stuck at "Checking the connection to Microsoft" This might take a while": I have just done a system reset to clean up the computer that was running slow. Since the reset it is trying to go through set up and connects to the network and then gets stuck on "Checking the connection to Microsoft. This might take a while." and then goes back to select...
  8. Where might I have gone wrong with Windows 10 system image restore process?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where might I have gone wrong with Windows 10 system image restore process?: Last week I ordered my in-laws a desktop upgrade in the form of an SSD. Having done many boot drive swaps before, I figured this would be no different. Previously, I would use a ubuntu live cd to boot, copy the image over, and resize to match the new drive size....
  9. windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause status...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows failed to start. a recent hardware or software change might be the cause status...: I just got done building my first PC and I am trying to download windows but it keeps saying that it is failing to start and I have no clue what to do....
  10. Emergency! Restarted computer to reinstall sound drivers, fear my computer might have been...

Emergency! Restarted computer to reinstall sound drivers, fear my computer might have been...: Please help this is serious, I tried contacting support but it won’t let me start a call or schedule a call or anything I went to use my computer like normal this morning but the sounds weren’t working, I didn’t want to just restart the computer because I didn’t want to have...