Windows 10: might have to reinstall windows

Discus and support might have to reinstall windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today I have discovered many issues. First, geforce experience got the 0x0003 and 0x0001 errors. I tried many solutions that ended in nothing but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/haloha_x, Jul 31, 2020.

1. might have to reinstall windows

Today I have discovered many issues. First, geforce experience got the 0x0003 and 0x0001 errors. I tried many solutions that ended in nothing but the same error. Found out that windows wasnt updated. So I try to update it and get the error 0xc1900204, see something where I have to do sfc /scannow. So I do this and it just tells me that it cant at 39% Every time I try it (4 times + restarting my pc and trying in safe mode). Then I try repairing my c drive, I had to type something in cmd then restart, dont remember what. Does that, nothing changes. So, I download an iso and it gives me 3, well 1 option. All it lets me do is remove EVERYTHING. I feel that this is my only option. Yes, my computer can still do shit right now, but never updating it is obviously not a good thing. Now, the issue is that I would have to reinstall my games, pair all my bluetooth devices again, download a whole lot more stuff that I use. It would be a hassle. So I have a few questions.

1. Will this make my computer slower?
    2. Can this brick my pc?
    3. Is it worth it?

I've ran windows defender and it removed 2 things from my c drive but that didnt do anything.

Thoughts on this scenario?

amd ryzen 5 3600

nvidia geforce gtx 1660

16 gb ram

submitted by /u/haloha_x
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/haloha_x, Jul 31, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond might have to reinstall windows :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 31, 2020
  3. jpierce55 Win User
    Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Jul 31, 2020
  4. br4dz Win User

might have to reinstall windows

[FS][US]   Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

It's a C0 stepped.

br4dz, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

might have to reinstall windows

1. might have to reinstall windows - Similar Threads - might reinstall

2. I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?: I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage how do I check if my ram is fine. Like how do I run a diagnostic to determine if my ram or storage are fine?...
  3. I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage?: I think there might be a problem in my ram or storage how do I check if my ram is fine. Like how do I run a diagnostic to determine if my ram or storage are fine?...
  4. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

"An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/7b51f17c-6c42-4e0b-a753-759575d45c58
  5. I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time what might...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time what might...: I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time it's always coming after 15-20 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-this-problem-this-is-the-second-time/ed2f2ff8-7172-4674-a843-a1ea58818199
  6. I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time what might...

I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time what might...: I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time it's always coming after 15-20 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-this-problem-this-is-the-second-time/ed2f2ff8-7172-4674-a843-a1ea58818199
  7. I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time what might...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Anyone know what might be causing this issue during a reinstall. I started having issues...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know what might be causing this issue during a reinstall. I started having issues...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok-Ad591 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6nxuy/anyone_know_what_might_be_causing_this_issue/
  9. I got a fresh windows ten reinstall, is there anything I might need to do after?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I got a fresh windows ten reinstall, is there anything I might need to do after?: I just put windows ten on my ssd, by the way thanks for all those who helped me, i did have a problem where the installation kept rebooting and looping, i fixed it by reading a replay in this other forum HERE: I have noticed a boost in my pc performance, the hdd did...
  10. Emergency! Restarted computer to reinstall sound drivers, fear my computer might have been...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emergency! Restarted computer to reinstall sound drivers, fear my computer might have been...: Please help this is serious, I tried contacting support but it won’t let me start a call or schedule a call or anything I went to use my computer like normal this morning but the sounds weren’t working, I didn’t want to just restart the computer because I didn’t want to have...