Windows 10: Migrate a Windows 10 license

Discus and support Migrate a Windows 10 license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have got a question for you. A few years ago I bought Windows 8 pro retail and when Windows 10 was released I upgraded for free to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Marco Santoni, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Migrate a Windows 10 license

Hi, I have got a question for you.

A few years ago I bought Windows 8 pro retail and when Windows 10 was released I upgraded for free to the new version. Now I have a new computer with Windows 10 Home and would like to migrate my Windows 10 pro license from my old PC.

How can I do that?

Thanks

:)

Marco Santoni, Apr 13, 2020

2. Migrating Digitally Licensed Windows 10 to SSD

I am very confused on how to migrate my current OS to my SSD by using the new ISO by Windows. I have installed the ISO onto a flash drive. I have booted the flash drive and it says that I have to go back and start Windows normally and restart the upgrade
    process. What does this mean? Could anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to migrate my OS? Also, my Windows 10 is digitally licensed.

AlexDT3956, Apr 13, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Migrate a Windows 10 license

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Migrate a Windows 10 license

1. Migrate a Windows 10 license - Similar Threads - Migrate license

2. Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.: So I am planning to upgrade my laptop's SSD, and windows is installed in the old SSD. So i want my windows license in my new SSD. Can you please tell me how i can do it....
  3. Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.: So I am planning to upgrade my laptop's SSD, and windows is installed in the old SSD. So i want my windows license in my new SSD. Can you please tell me how i can do it....
  4. License migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License migration: I'm told i can move my Windows 11 Home license from my old computer to the next one. Custom.How would i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-migration/7c0a1234-a692-4883-aaa5-23c0d8dab637
  5. License migration

License migration: I'm told i can move my Windows 11 Home license from my old computer to the next one. Custom.How would i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-migration/7c0a1234-a692-4883-aaa5-23c0d8dab637
  6. Windows11 migrate license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 migrate license: I had a laptop and bought a Windows 11 digital license not EOM. I bought a new laptop no OS and want to use my license on the new device. How can I choose which device to use my license on?...
  7. Windows11 migrate license

Windows11 migrate license: I had a laptop and bought a Windows 11 digital license not EOM. I bought a new laptop no OS and want to use my license on the new device. How can I choose which device to use my license on?...
  8. Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop without an installed OS, and I am trying to migrate a retail license from an old laptop. The license was already uninstalled from the old laptop and when I put it into the new laptop, on which I installed windows 11. It displays an error with the...
  9. Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop

Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop without an installed OS, and I am trying to migrate a retail license from an old laptop. The license was already uninstalled from the old laptop and when I put it into the new laptop, on which I installed windows 11. It displays an error with the...
  10. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer: I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-migrate-my-windows-10-professional/b2dea925-eccc-4ac8-a6d5-61c3e52d435b