Windows 10: Migrate account

Discus and support Migrate account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there! Well, I'm thinking on migrate my actual @live account into a new one in order to have a serious name (you know which names we put when we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/villa171, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Migrate account

Hi there!

Well, I'm thinking on migrate my actual @live account into a new one in order to have a serious name (you know which names we put when we were teenagers).

I just read something about creating an alias on my account and then create a new account in that option and set this new account as the principal.

Is this the best way?

I'm worried about my Windows 10 keys...

submitted by /u/villa171
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/villa171, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Migrate account

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Migrate account

1. Migrate account - Similar Threads - Migrate account

2. Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email: So around in 2019-2020 my mom bought me minecraft and used her email to buy it. When I got older she allowed me to change the email to my email that I use. After I changed the minecraft.net email, it told me to migrate me account to microsoft. I did so and everything was fine...
  3. Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to buy minecraft again after I migrated my account and changed the email: So around in 2019-2020 my mom bought me minecraft and used her email to buy it. When I got older she allowed me to change the email to my email that I use. After I changed the minecraft.net email, it told me to migrate me account to microsoft. I did so and everything was fine...
  4. Securing a Clean Transfer: Avoiding Virus Migration When Moving My Windows 11 Account to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Securing a Clean Transfer: Avoiding Virus Migration When Moving My Windows 11 Account to a...: I recently refunded a PC with Windows 11 because it had unremovable viruses on it I was wondering if my account would still have those files in it if I transfer to another PC is there any sort of option to not keep the files?...
  5. Securing a Clean Transfer: Avoiding Virus Migration When Moving My Windows 11 Account to a...

Securing a Clean Transfer: Avoiding Virus Migration When Moving My Windows 11 Account to a...: I recently refunded a PC with Windows 11 because it had unremovable viruses on it I was wondering if my account would still have those files in it if I transfer to another PC is there any sort of option to not keep the files?...
  6. Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...: Hello,I am trying to move all my files from one school/business account to another school/business account on onedrive.I have partially moved some folders manually on the desktop, but I have several large files that I do not keep synced on my desktop and store only online. I...
  7. Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...

Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...: Hello,I am trying to move all my files from one school/business account to another school/business account on onedrive.I have partially moved some folders manually on the desktop, but I have several large files that I do not keep synced on my desktop and store only online. I...
  8. Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft and it’s saying I didn’t

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft and it’s saying I didn’t: I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft even have the confirmation email with the code I had to enter and it was working, but now it won’t let me in and says I didn’t migrate? Can you please help I’ve already bought two extra Minecraft accounts because support couldn’t help...
  10. I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft and it’s saying I didn’t

I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft and it’s saying I didn’t: I migrated my mojang account to Microsoft even have the confirmation email with the code I had to enter and it was working, but now it won’t let me in and says I didn’t migrate? Can you please help I’ve already bought two extra Minecraft accounts because support couldn’t help...