Windows 10: Migrate all Drivers and settings to another install of windows 10

Discus and support Migrate all Drivers and settings to another install of windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 installed on another partition is there anyway to move all the Drivers and settings etc to this new install from an old install of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Guy286, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Guy286 Win User

Migrate all Drivers and settings to another install of windows 10

I have windows 10 installed on another partition is there anyway to move all the Drivers and settings etc to this new install from an old install of windows 10

:)

Guy286, Jul 20, 2017

2. Migrate Settings from one Logon ID to another

My Windows 10 keyboard settings do not work. Specifically the keyboard setting "Ignore brief or repeated keystrokes" is stuck ON. I can sometimes switch it off, but it flips back to ON after a few minutes. And whenever I shutdown, hibernate, or restart,
    the satting flips back to ON. This makes my laptop keyboard virtually unusable. The Microsoft Answer desk can only say "My profile is corrupted", and suggests a solution that I create a new logon ID and manually configure the new profile to be the same as
    my existing logon ID.

That's an awful lot of work to correct what appears to be a Windows defect.

To prove the point, I have created a new ID and tested that the keyboard works properly. It does.

My question is: is there any way to copy the working Settings from the new ID to the old ID? Alternatively, is there a way to force this setting to off always? (I can't really imagine why anyone would want it on).

David Pike P.Eng. MCITP, Jul 20, 2017
  3. Migrate Settings from one Logon ID to another

Ashwin,

I know it's not your fault, but I am not interested in yet another Microsoft Tech giving me yet another answer that argues "It's not our fault, you'll need to give up and start over". I wish to talk to community members who might have some ideas of how to
    actually analyse and solve the problem.

Microsoft Level 1 Techs: please do not answer this post.

David P. Vancouver, Jul 20, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You can export the drivers:

dism /online /export-driver /destination:F:\Drivers

The path in red is to a folder you create to hold the exported drivers.

There are not many settings you can transfer over, the best you can really do is set up a Microsoft Account with syncing enabled.

NavyLCDR, Jul 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Migrate all Drivers and settings to another install of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Migrate Drivers settings

2. Driver Settings Not Migrated, Device not started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Settings Not Migrated, Device not started: hi All,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 2,I replace the SSD, it came with pre-installed win 10 HomeEverything works normal, until I upgrade to Win 11.Keyboard & TrackPoint cannot be usedI have tried:- update driver, unninstal/install device, disable/enable device- windows...
  3. Driver Settings Not Migrated, Device not started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Settings Not Migrated, Device not started: hi All,I have a Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 2,I replace the SSD, it came with pre-installed win 10 HomeEverything works normal, until I upgrade to Win 11.Keyboard & TrackPoint cannot be usedI have tried:- update driver, unninstal/install device, disable/enable device- windows...
  4. Migrate one windows drive to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate one windows drive to another?: Hello,I had a problem after tyring to install Ubuntu and I kinda screwed some things up, so my Windows 10 wouldnt boot, luckily I had a drive with nothing important on it so I installed Windows 10 on it, and I am currently using it. But I want my old drive back or at least...
  5. Driver migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver migration: Hi, I have a DocuMate 252 scanner which is an obsolete model, can't find it's driver in manufacturer website, I have it's driver installed on my Win7 pc, is there any way that I can migrate the driver and have the scanner working with Win10?...
  6. Migrating windows 10 to another drive without clean installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating windows 10 to another drive without clean installation: Hi,Recently i've gotten the problem that the SATA drive my windows 10 is installed on isn't on par with loading games and other programs anymore. It will always run at 100% and so i've decided to get a new fast SSD drive and migrate windows to that drive.The problem is that i...
  7. Migrating/Reinstalling Windows 10 to another storage device?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating/Reinstalling Windows 10 to another storage device?: I bought another SSD and want to use it as my main. However, the way I got Windows 10 was by using a hard drive that had Windows 8 on it from a laptop and then using the free upgrade to W10 when I installed it in my desktop. What would be the easiest way to reinstall Windows...
  8. Migrating Windows to another virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Migrating Windows to another virtual machine: I have an iMac running Parallels with Win 10 Pro in a virtual machine. This Win 10 Pro was an upgraded for free from Win 7 Pro a few years ago. I think it was an upgrade only path, which I presume means that I cannot download a fresh Win 10 Pro and install that. i.e. I need...
  9. Migrate Windows 10 from pc to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrate Windows 10 from pc to another: I updated an atom net book from XP to a retail Windows 7 pro which I updated to Windows 10 pro (free update) which is activated with a digital licence. The not book atom is updated to 1607, which is all that is supported, I want to retire the notebook and migrate the OS to...
  10. Migrate Settings, Programs, Files to another user

in Windows 10 Support
    Migrate Settings, Programs, Files to another user: Hi, Is it possible to migrate settings, programs and files to another user in Windows 10 Pro? Or... Is it possible to just change the user accounts name, email address etc without having to migrate anything? If so, how? Thanks. 19611

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to migrate drivers after reinstall windows xp

2. windows 10 driver migration

3. windows app to migrate to to another laptop via Wifi

4. migrage user from one os install,
  5. how to migrate drivers upon a reinstall of windows,
  6. migrate driver ,
  7. migrate drivers and user settings to new pc