Windows 10: Migrate away from OneDrive

Discus and support Migrate away from OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was helping my husband migrate from an old HP laptop to a new one. I did this by seeing the old computer on the network and copying the files to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrWarEagle, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Migrate away from OneDrive

I was helping my husband migrate from an old HP laptop to a new one. I did this by seeing the old computer on the network and copying the files to the new computer. The old computer didn't use OneDrive but the new one does and it is far more "invasive" than I would like. The File Explorer shows a OneDrive link but it also show two Documents folders. One has OneDrive in the path name and one does not. The one without OneDrive is empty. I would like to disable OneDrive so that it isn't even visible on the File Explorer. If I do this I worry that I won't have access to those documents. Is there a 'safe' way to migrate away from OneDrive so I still have access to all the documents?

:)

DrWarEagle, Dec 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Migrate away from OneDrive

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Migrate away from OneDrive

1. Migrate away from OneDrive - Similar Threads - Migrate away OneDrive

2. Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...: Hello,I am trying to move all my files from one school/business account to another school/business account on onedrive.I have partially moved some folders manually on the desktop, but I have several large files that I do not keep synced on my desktop and store only online. I...
  3. Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...: Hello,I am trying to move all my files from one school/business account to another school/business account on onedrive.I have partially moved some folders manually on the desktop, but I have several large files that I do not keep synced on my desktop and store only online. I...
  4. Migrating from one school/business Onedrive account to another school/business Onedrive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. OneDrive won't go away

OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  6. OneDrive won't go away

OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  7. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Onedrive migration: which option is better?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive migration: which option is better?: My Onedrive contains about 250GB of data. I want to migrate it to another folder on one of my computers. The 'files on demand' box in settings is unchecked, so all files are downloaded. I want all files to be present in the new folder too.I have two options for the...
  9. Onedrive migration: which option is better?

Onedrive migration: which option is better?: My Onedrive contains about 250GB of data. I want to migrate it to another folder on one of my computers. The 'files on demand' box in settings is unchecked, so all files are downloaded. I want all files to be present in the new folder too.I have two options for the...
  10. Onedrive migration: which option is better?