Windows 10: Migrate from Windws Live Mail to Windows10 Mail

Discus and support Migrate from Windws Live Mail to Windows10 Mail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC has just forced an update toWindows10 which hast stopped Live Mail sending to or receiving from my BT.com email accounts. Can I:* transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by philknight2, May 4, 2021.

1. Migrate from Windws Live Mail to Windows10 Mail

My PC has just forced an update toWindows10 which hast stopped Live Mail sending to or receiving from my BT.com email accounts. Can I:* transfer accounts Windows 10 Mail app* transfer stored emails to Mail* get Live Mail working under Windows 10?Or do I uninstall the Windows10 "upgrade" and work as before?I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this issue!

:)

philknight2, May 4, 2021

2. Live Mail

Hi,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with
    Windows Live Mail.

• Do you see any error message? If yes, then please specify.
    • Are you able click on other options and are those options functioning normally?
    If yes, then I suggest you to remove your account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps provided below:

Remove the account.

• Right click on the account name and select remove account.
    Add account in Windows Live Mail

• Click on Accounts tab on top.
    • Click on +email icon.
    • Enter your new account's user name and password.
    • Click on Next.
    • Select server type as per your ESP (Email service provider) and if that is a
      Microsoft account, select Outlook.com/Windows Live Hotmail. And you must select
      IMAP/POP. (Only If that is a Microsoft account and if it is being migrated to the new interface
      "Outlook Mail", then I suggest you to please refer to the suggestions provided by
      ¡Firedog in the link below)Windows Live Mail and Outlook Mail
    • Click on next.
    Additional information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

And if the issue still persist, try
    repairing Windows Essentials, and check:

• Type Control panel in the search bar (on Desktop) and hit
      Enter key.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Select Windows Essentials
      and click on Uninstall/Change.

• Click on Continue.

• Click on Repair Windows Essential programs.
    Please keep us updated with the status of Windows Live Mail, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, May 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?

When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become the default.

Is this migration possible?

Having said that, I'm not sure I've even found the Mail app!

nigelmercier, May 4, 2021
  4. Migrate from Windws Live Mail to Windows10 Mail

Windows10 Live Mail 2012

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

When you say “my windows 10 Mail” are you referring to Windows Live Mail?

I would suggest you to repair Windows Live Mail and see if that helps.

Try the following steps:

Please follow the steps below on how to repair Windows Live Mail:

1. Right click on Start Go to Control Panel.

2. Under Programs, click programs and features.

3. Locate Windows Live Essential then click
    Uninstall/Change.

4. When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.

5. Restart your computer after the repair.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Migrate from Windws Live Mail to Windows10 Mail

1. Migrate from Windws Live Mail to Windows10 Mail - Similar Threads - Migrate Windws Live

2. When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...: In an attempt to recover old emails in Windows Live Mail, files that were 'corrupted' during a Windows Update, I've discovered that Outlook can easily open the WLM .eml files, although WLM no longer can. It's as if the headers, or whatever, that make up the WLM list of Inbox...
  3. When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When migrating mail into Outlook client from Windows Mail/Live Mail, do 'originals' stay...: In an attempt to recover old emails in Windows Live Mail, files that were 'corrupted' during a Windows Update, I've discovered that Outlook can easily open the WLM .eml files, although WLM no longer can. It's as if the headers, or whatever, that make up the WLM list of Inbox...
  4. Windows10 Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10 Mail: Dumb question; How do I find Sent Mail in Windows help for Windows 10 please? I reset my pooter and it went missing from Window Mail.Errol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-mail/1f28bccb-7e6b-49e1-98e5-29c3c5359d94
  5. Mail for Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail for Windows10: Why does my Sent folder in Mail for Windows 10 onlt contain emails from today and yesterday? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-for-windows10/93593cf0-d957-458e-9b7e-cdcefa677ae6
  6. Migrating from Windows live mail to Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating from Windows live mail to Windows 10 mail: I am moving to a new PC - old and new PCs both running the latest Windows 10. I am currently running Windows live Mail yes, I should have moved from this a long time ago - no lectures please!. Following the Microsoft advice, I should move to Windows 10 Mail if for no other...
  7. windows10 mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows10 mail: lost people listing in mail. NEED to to email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-mail/c176fe6b-f864-4f4d-9aa7-85174cb55b88
  8. Windows10 mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows10 mail: Win10 Mail has "system error" message on my Xfinity email when I try to manage it. Won't open when I apply correct password. Shows more characters than in actual password. Other email accounts open ok....
  9. Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mails from Windows Live Mail to Mail: Hi, How to get old mails and mail folders from "Windows live Mail" & "Outlook 2007" to "Mail" app in Windows 10. Thanks Prashant https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mails-from-windows-live-mail-to-mail/22773ad1-1b23-486e-bcae-3143c4216a58
  10. Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App: Migrate from Windows Live Mail?: When I upgraded my wife's PC I expected her Windows Live Mail settings and data to be migrated to the Windows 10 Mail App, and for this app to become the default. Is this migration possible? Having said that, I'm not sure I've even found the Mail app! 9876