Windows 10: migrate hard drive to new master hard drive

Discus and support migrate hard drive to new master hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i want to install anew ssd hard drive as the master drive and transfer all the information from my existing one to the new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimGannon, Oct 13, 2018.

1. JimGannon Win User

migrate hard drive to new master hard drive

i want to install anew ssd hard drive as the master drive and transfer all the information from my existing one to the new one

:)

JimGannon, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Sanhime Win User

Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Device not migrated (hard drive)

Hi SRandom,

It looks like the driver that you have installed is not compatible with your device. Is the AHCI driver you installed, the latest from the manufacturer's website? If you will be having issues using your secondary hard drive, I would suggest that you follow
    the steps provided by Andre Da Costa in this
    thread

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. migrate hard drive to new master hard drive - Similar Threads - migrate hard drive

2. Hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hard drive: I'm using my android's hotspot to connect to my computer. It shows I'm connected and let's me pull up my homepage. (Google Chrome).But want let me go to any websites. Tells me I'm missing rtl120.bpl .I think it has something to do with my hard drive. I have tried the Start...
  3. Migrating to a new Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating to a new Hard Drive?: Hi Forum Folke, So my hard drive had a catastrophic failure... the machine won't boot from ANY source if the drive is plugged in. I put another much smaller drive from my last laptop into it, and suddenly now the machine boots from DVD. So, the drive is dead/trash/gone....
  4. New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Hard Drive: I am looking to replace my current hard drive with a better one, and I am unsure on where to go/what to do on going about to install Windows 10 (Pro, to be exact.) back onto my PC with the new hard drive. Where would I go to download an installer and what would I do? I have a...
  5. hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive: I am trying to install a game through steam it says I don't have enough space that is only on my ssd I want the game to download on my hard drive how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive/c032b63d-de92-419c-bbd3-e4e32998d7c1"
  6. Installed New Hard Drive

Installed New Hard Drive: I have recently installed a new hard drive in my computer. I would like to know what do I need to do now to put Windows 10 back on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-hard-drive/f1db2a19-671d-4b48-bc26-6843d6b4ad65
  7. Moving to a New Hard drive

Moving to a New Hard drive: So recently my old hard drive died. I cannot go to boot or anything so I have purchased a new hard drive I'm unable to get to my operating system on my old drive since it is entirely dead I still have Windows 10 connected to my account so, how do I get my account in Windows...
  8. New Hard Drive

New Hard Drive: I ha a new hard drive installed be cause Windows 10 got bigger than the hard drive that was in the computer. When the drive was installed the old settings were not transferred. How do I move the old C: drive to the New C: without messing up the operating system....
  9. Failing hard drive and disk migration

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Failing hard drive and disk migration: Hi All, I hope you are well. I have a laptop with Windows 10 where I suspect the hard drive is failing - Samsung Momentus 750GB I have noticed that because the system is slow and in Task ManagerI can see hard drive working hard 100% most of the time with pretty low...
  10. Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone secondary hard drive to new hard drive: Hi! Bought a replacement secondary hard drive, but want to know best tool to clone it. My main drive is an SSD with Windows on, but I used Kari's tutorial to move the user folder on to a secondary hard drive, so just unsure on the best way to go to keep the User folder...