Windows 10: migrate: How to transfer everything from Windows7 pc to a new Windows 10 pc?

Discus and support migrate: How to transfer everything from Windows7 pc to a new Windows 10 pc? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to transfer everything from Windows7 pc to a new Windows 10 pc?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertLitfin, Feb 19, 2019.

1. migrate: How to transfer everything from Windows7 pc to a new Windows 10 pc?

How to transfer everything from Windows7 pc to a new Windows 10 pc?

:)

RobertLitfin, Feb 19, 2019

2. How to Migrate Windows 10 upgrade to new PC with Windows7 Retail disc?

Question 1:
    I own a windows 7 retail disc copy which i can use to reinstall and activate on a fresh new pc,migrating my license to that new pc. But if I free upgrade to windows 10 on my old PC running windows 7 once, then will I be able to migrate Windows 10 onto a new PC by installing Windows 7 using retail disc and then again upgrade to windows 10 on that new PC? Or is Windows 10 upgrade once installed, not transferable, even if I own a transferable retail copy of Windows 7?
    Question 2:
    If transferring Windows 10 using Windows 7 retail copy is possible, then is it mandatory that I must migrate within the free upgrade offer period to new PC? Or once if I used a Windows 7 copy to make the upgrade on a PC, the Windows 10 license gets attached to the base Windows 7 license and I could migrate the Windows 10 copy to a new PC at any time(and not just the upgrade offer period)?

parthibanspace, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 19, 2019
  4. CK011885 Win User

migrate: How to transfer everything from Windows7 pc to a new Windows 10 pc?

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

migrate: How to transfer everything from Windows7 pc to a new Windows 10 pc?

1. migrate: How to transfer everything from Windows7 pc to a new Windows 10 pc? - Similar Threads - migrate transfer everything

2. how to transfer everything from pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to transfer everything from pc to new pc: how to transfer everything from pc to new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-everything-from-pc-to-new-pc/9d3f9425-b388-4280-9304-8dc884284a38
  3. how to transfer everything from pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to transfer everything from pc to new pc: how to transfer everything from pc to new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-everything-from-pc-to-new-pc/9d3f9425-b388-4280-9304-8dc884284a38
  4. how to transfer everything from pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to transfer files from old PC to new PC

How to transfer files from old PC to new PC: Okay, so I am stuck with this laptop for 7 years and my parents doesn't get me a new one. I'm planning to get the Acer Aspire 3 (AMD) but I am stuck with a question: "How Do I migrate my files/My entire installation?" Answers? Windows 10 1903 (Home single language 64,...
  6. Transferring data from PC to MacBook with migration assistant

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring data from PC to MacBook with migration assistant: When using the migration assistant to transfer my photos from my pc to my Mac book, every time I try to run it the app says edge is running but it doesn’t show that it is running in the task manager....
  7. Migrating to new PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Migrating to new PC: Hello, I bought a new PC and wanted to know if the stored credentials and themes on the old PC can be transferred to the new PC. I've already transferred apps and and my documents over to the new PC. It seems the migration tool I used missed the credentials and themes....
  8. Migrating windows to a new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating windows to a new pc: Hi, I have an old 32 bit PC with Windows Pro 10 ver 1903 on it. It comes up as "Retail Channel" when I do the slmgr -dli command. If I want to replace the Pc with a new build , can I move the Windows 10 to it? As well can I change it to 64Bit? If so how would you go...
  9. migrating to new pc

migrating to new pc: how to transfer files, apps, settings to a new machine? Peer-to-peer cable? cloud? System-Backup-file? My cellphone seems to have a better brain. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-to-new-pc/a804b0bf-390c-4326-928f-68b8a798dde7
  10. How to Migrate Windows 10 upgrade to new PC with Windows7 Retail disc?

How to Migrate Windows 10 upgrade to new PC with Windows7 Retail disc?: Question 1: I own a windows 7 retail disc copy which i can use to reinstall and activate on a fresh new pc,migrating my license to that new pc. But if I free upgrade to windows 10 on my old PC running windows 7 once, then will I be able to migrate Windows 10 onto a new PC by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer everything from windows 10 pc to NEW windows 10 pc