Windows 10: Migrate? -- what does it mean?

Discus and support Migrate? -- what does it mean? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I apologize for asking, but I searched and it's not clear to me what "migrate" means... For example, in Windows Log files such as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Migrate? -- what does it mean?

I apologize for asking, but I searched and it's not clear to me what "migrate" means...

For example, in Windows Log files such as 'setupapi.upgrade.log', I see entries like this:

set: {Migrate Device: HID\VID_04D9&PID_A070&MI_02\7&16D46DAF&0&0000} 22:06:58.64

Does that mean that the device driver from the existing Windows 10 installation was reused, or that a new device driver was installed.

This is a significant question, and a lot is riding on the answer, so I must ask that responders kindly not speculate. There are many, many articles that use the word, but I've not been able to suss out a clear meaning.

Warm Regards,

Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Nov 6, 2018

2. What is the meaning of 'device could not be migrated' in device manager?

This is boiler plate reply to a question which has been around for a long time.

Is Microsoft unable to reply in plain English to a simple question.

It is obvious that many devices were not 'migrated' when computers were updated to windows 10 on Microsoft's insistence and do not work properly.

In my case it was a USB composite device. My work around when the USB ports no longer work is to uninstall the driver and restart the computer which re-installs the same driver supplied by Microsoft.

Surely Microsoft must know of this problem and that its replies are useless.

What does it mean 'Device could not be migrated?

JohnRandall_588, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Migrate? -- what does it mean?

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Migrate? -- what does it mean?

1. Migrate? -- what does it mean? - Similar Threads - Migrate does mean

2. what does this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does this mean?: this is one of my crash reports It's italian:OrigineWindowsRiepilogoErrore hardwareData‎06/‎02/‎2023 23:44StatoSegnalazione non inviataDescrizioneSi è verificato un problema dell'hardware che impedisce il corretto funzionamento di Windows.Firma del problemaNome evento...
  3. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this mean?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Every time my computer, is totally off.And I, turn it on. I see this.Does, this mean. There's a problem,with my computer?I'm, concerned. Is there a way, to stop it.Or, should I. Just not, worry about it?Thanks for reading . . ....
  4. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/toyfreddym8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8teez/what_does_this_mean/
  5. What does that mean?

What does that mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j62iz0/what_does_that_mean/
  6. What does this mean?

What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrMinerNiner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6cowh/what_does_this_mean/
  7. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  8. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  9. Device ROOT\JUNGO\0000 was migrated. What does this mean

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device ROOT\JUNGO\0000 was migrated. What does this mean: So I was attempting to install the driver for a 3D scanner and it did not work, so I looked at the event log and it stated this with an Event ID of 440. What does this mean for the driver and what did this do exactly? Thank you, Natalie Mooney...
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does windows migrate mean

2. what does device migrated mean in windows 10

3. windows what migrated device means

4. what does This page has been migrated mean,
  5. What does Windows mean by migrated,
  6. my touchpad says it has migrated what does that mean,
  7. what does file has migrated mean,
  8. what does it mean to migrate a service,
  9. what does device migrated mean windows 10,
  10. what does device was migrated mean in windows 10,
  11. HID\VID_04D9&PID_A070&MI_02\7&16D46DAF&0&0000} 22:06:58.64,