Windows 10: Migrate Windows 10 to New Laptop

Discus and support Migrate Windows 10 to New Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just ordered a new Dell laptop for my business. I primarily use Macs for personal use. When I upgrade Macs, there is a migration assistant app that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ericnixmd, Oct 25, 2019.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Migrate Windows 10 to New Laptop

I just ordered a new Dell laptop for my business. I primarily use Macs for personal use. When I upgrade Macs, there is a migration assistant app that will transfer apps, documents, etc. from one laptop to another.

Is there something similar on Windows 10 that will transfer all of my settings/configuration, apps, etc.?

:)

ericnixmd, Oct 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 25, 2019
  4. CVarga Win User

Migrating a Windows 10 installation (OS, APPs, and settings) to a new hard drive on a laptop

Not positive this is the right forum area, but it looks like the best fit.

I wish to migrate my Windows 10 installation to a new larger hard disk drive. The challenge is that my laptop can only have one disk drive installed at a time, so many of the suggestions I found elsewhere which involved cloning software don't seem to be
    options for me. Ii am looking for suggestions as to the simplest and most reliable way to transfer my system, settings and apps to a new hard drive. Thanks in advance.

CVarga, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Migrate Windows 10 to New Laptop - Similar Threads - Migrate Laptop

2. Migrating Existing laptops from jumpcloud to intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating Existing laptops from jumpcloud to intune: Hi Everyone,we have started deploying new laptops through Intune endpoint manager, but I need some guidance about existing laptops that have been deployed in the past. we have already assigned the appropriate license to the target group Microsoft E5what is the current...
  3. Migrating Existing laptops from jumpcloud to intune

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating Existing laptops from jumpcloud to intune: Hi Everyone,we have started deploying new laptops through Intune endpoint manager, but I need some guidance about existing laptops that have been deployed in the past. we have already assigned the appropriate license to the target group Microsoft E5what is the current...
  4. Migrating Existing laptops from jumpcloud to intune

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop without an installed OS, and I am trying to migrate a retail license from an old laptop. The license was already uninstalled from the old laptop and when I put it into the new laptop, on which I installed windows 11. It displays an error with the...
  6. Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop

Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop without an installed OS, and I am trying to migrate a retail license from an old laptop. The license was already uninstalled from the old laptop and when I put it into the new laptop, on which I installed windows 11. It displays an error with the...
  7. Migrate windows 10digital licence to windows 11 from laptop to desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate windows 10digital licence to windows 11 from laptop to desktop.: Hello, I had Windows 8.1 which i upgraded to Windows 10 using digital licence on my Sony Vaio. I would want to know if i could now migrate this Windows 10 to Windows 11 on my new desktop PC? If yes, then would you be kind enough to assist me with the request please? Many...
  8. Migrate windows 10digital licence to windows 11 from laptop to desktop.

Migrate windows 10digital licence to windows 11 from laptop to desktop.: Hello, I had Windows 8.1 which i upgraded to Windows 10 using digital licence on my Sony Vaio. I would want to know if i could now migrate this Windows 10 to Windows 11 on my new desktop PC? If yes, then would you be kind enough to assist me with the request please? Many...
  9. Planning to add a NVme M.2 SSD in my laptop and want to migrate my windows 11 from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Planning to add a NVme M.2 SSD in my laptop and want to migrate my windows 11 from HDD to SSD: Hello, about 18 months ago I purchased a HP 15s laptop which came with preinstalled windows 10 and also with free upgrade to windows 11 and I chose its HDD variant, however few days ago I accidently damaged my HDD and it started making some loud weird noises, sometimes it...
  10. Planning to add a NVme M.2 SSD in my laptop and want to migrate my windows 11 from HDD to SSD

Planning to add a NVme M.2 SSD in my laptop and want to migrate my windows 11 from HDD to SSD: Hello, about 18 months ago I purchased a HP 15s laptop which came with preinstalled windows 10 and also with free upgrade to windows 11 and I chose its HDD variant, however few days ago I accidently damaged my HDD and it started making some loud weird noises, sometimes it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 config and programs migration