Windows 10: migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Discus and support migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My wife and I have 2 laptops 1st one: Dell Studio, bought in 2009, originally had windows vista license then I purchased windows 8 license in 2013 then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sameh Ragheb, Apr 6, 2019.

1. migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop

My wife and I have 2 laptops
    1st one: Dell Studio, bought in 2009, originally had windows vista license then I purchased windows 8 license in 2013 then got a free upgrade to widows 10.

2nd one: Fujitsu lifebook bought in 2011, originally had Windows 7 then we got a free upgrade to windows 10 (most probably in 2014)

For our bad luck the 2 laptops broke down almost in the same time.

1st one: had a broken screen and a damaged Hard desk drive

2nd one: had a damaged heat sink and we were not able to find a replacement anywhere.

We decided to take the screen and the HDD (as is without formatting to keep the Windows) from the 2nd laptop and put them in the first laptop. I did it and it worked then I used Windows update to update the drivers (the HDD comes from the 2nd laptop did not have any drivers for the devices and peripherals of the 1st one). It worked but afterwards the Windows started to complain from not being activated (It had been activated on the other laptop of course before moving the HDD). I need to know what to do to activate the license (one of the 2 I have).

The other point is How can I migrate the other Windows license to a new (third) laptop that I am going to buy?

I have the product keys for all the purchased versions of Windows for both of the 2 laptops.

:)

Sameh Ragheb, Apr 6, 2019
  2. DatDang Win User

Move windows license from old laptop to new laptop

I bought a new laptop (without windows license). But I had a license in old laptop. I will remove windows license from old laptop and want to get this license to activate to new laptop but I can not remember the license. The old laptop has installed Ubuntu
    too, so I can not get any thing from it.

I have synced the windows license with my Microsoft Account (by email). So can I activate the windows in new laptop with my Microsoft Account. If yes, please help me how can I do?

Thanks so much

DatDang, Apr 6, 2019
  3. License Transfer from old to new laptop

HI All,

I had a old laptop with windows 10 pro activated (Along with microsoft account linked). Then i brought a new laptop with windows 10 home activated.

Now i want to transfer the windows 10 pro license to my new laptop.

1. I don't have the old laptop with me as i have exchanged it with the new one (But before that i have deleted the old account and license from the old laptop, so i don't have the old product key)

2. Now i have linked my old old microsoft account in my new system but it doesn't changed to windows 10 pro it still windows 10 home.

Please help regarding this.?Thanks in advance.

swapnadarsanmoharana, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop

1. migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop - Similar Threads - migrate license old

2. Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hello,I have an old laptop that came with Windows 10 Home license when i bought it then I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from the store. Can i transfer the Pro license to the new laptop? And Will the old laptop fall back to Windows 10 Home license or it will be unlicensed?...
  3. Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop without an installed OS, and I am trying to migrate a retail license from an old laptop. The license was already uninstalled from the old laptop and when I put it into the new laptop, on which I installed windows 11. It displays an error with the...
  4. Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant activate windows 11 after migrating a license from an old laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop without an installed OS, and I am trying to migrate a retail license from an old laptop. The license was already uninstalled from the old laptop and when I put it into the new laptop, on which I installed windows 11. It displays an error with the...
  5. Digital License W10 transplant from old laptop to new PC

Digital License W10 transplant from old laptop to new PC: Hi guys,How do I transplant my digital license from my old laptop which is W10 Home Digital License to my new PC?I have followed a few guides. A little bit unclear, am I supposed to nuke the old laptop with reset then I can start activation procedure on my new PC?New PC is...
  6. Digital License W10 transplant from old laptop to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital License W10 transplant from old laptop to new PC: Hi guys,How do I transplant my digital license from my old laptop which is W10 Home Digital License to my new PC?I have followed a few guides. A little bit unclear, am I supposed to nuke the old laptop with reset then I can start activation procedure on my new PC?New PC is...
  7. Windows Pro License - Migrate / Transfer to Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Pro License - Migrate / Transfer to Laptop: How do I transfer my license from my desktop that has just cratered to my existing laptop? I bought the Windows Pro upgrade through the online Store 2 weeks ago for my desktop and then it cratered. I've since migrated all the data and everything to my existing laptop that is...
  8. Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hi Few months back i purchased the retail license of windows 10 pro from microsoft site and install the same on my laptop. Now there is some problem with my existing laptop and need to buy a new one. Can I transfer this license from this old laptop to new laptop? If i go to...
  9. Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new

Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new: Hello, I have a windows pro license in an old laptop and I want to transfer it to my newly bought laptop so I won't have to pay twice in getting windows 10 pro. How do I go about this?...
  10. Windows 8.1 license transfer from old laptop to new laptop with Windows 10

Windows 8.1 license transfer from old laptop to new laptop with Windows 10: I wanted to know if there is a way to transfer my windows 8.1 license from my old laptop to my new laptop with Windows 10 which is currently not activated. My Microsoft account is connected on both laptops but the license doesn't transfer and gives a 0xC004F213 error -...