Windows 10: Migrate Windows Pro upgrade from home License to new machine

Discus and support Migrate Windows Pro upgrade from home License to new machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Surface Pro 7 i5 and paid the $99 to upgrade to Windows Pro. After a few weeks I decided I wanted to return it and get the i7 instead. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MattFreeman5, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Migrate Windows Pro upgrade from home License to new machine

I bought a Surface Pro 7 i5 and paid the $99 to upgrade to Windows Pro. After a few weeks I decided I wanted to return it and get the i7 instead. I can't figure out how to migrate the Windows Pro upgrade to the new machine though. Do I really need to pay $99 again?

:)

MattFreeman5, Dec 10, 2020
  2. Robert_os Win User

Move windows 10 pro license from virtual machine to physical machine.

I need to move a windows 10 pro license from a virtual machine to a physical machine. The license has been bought as windows 10 pro not upgrade etc. The thing is that the computer (Mac book pro) where the virtual machine used to live is now dead beyond
    repair and to expensive to use. So I want to install windows 10 on a dell laptop now but I cant deactivate the old license on the virtual machine. Any suggestions?

Robert_os, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Migrate Windows Pro upgrade from home License to new machine

Migrating Digitally Licensed Windows 10 to SSD

I am very confused on how to migrate my current OS to my SSD by using the new ISO by Windows. I have installed the ISO onto a flash drive. I have booted the flash drive and it says that I have to go back and start Windows normally and restart the upgrade
    process. What does this mean? Could anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to migrate my OS? Also, my Windows 10 is digitally licensed.

AlexDT3956, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Migrate Windows Pro upgrade from home License to new machine

1. Migrate Windows Pro upgrade from home License to new machine - Similar Threads - Migrate Pro upgrade

2. Migrating Windows to a New Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating Windows to a New Machine: Greetings,I currently have a 9900k machine with a z390 chipset. I am migrating to a 13900kf with a z690 chipset. The machines are/will be dual boot Windows. I have 2 retail keys. Both of my OS 2 and all data partitions are backed up with Macrium Reflect paid version. Am...
  3. Migrating Windows to a New Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating Windows to a New Machine: Greetings,I currently have a 9900k machine with a z390 chipset. I am migrating to a 13900kf with a z690 chipset. The machines are/will be dual boot Windows. I have 2 retail keys. Both of my OS 2 and all data partitions are backed up with Macrium Reflect paid version. Am...
  4. Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new: I have an old laptop with W10 pro retail license. I want to move to a new PC to which I did a fresh download of W10 pro and have used it un-activated for a while. Now I want to upgrade to 11 but want to activate W10 on new computer and deactivate on old laptop before the...
  5. Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new: I have an old laptop with W10 pro retail license. I want to move to a new PC to which I did a fresh download of W10 pro and have used it un-activated for a while. Now I want to upgrade to 11 but want to activate W10 on new computer and deactivate on old laptop before the...
  6. Moving W10 pro license from old machine to new

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. license windows 10 upgrade, from windows 10 home to pro

license windows 10 upgrade, from windows 10 home to pro: hi i would like to upgrade from window 10 home to window 10 pro. then buy license part number FQC-08929 but can't upgrade as microsoft said it is OEM license. then supplier suggest another license part number FQC-09131. 1. FQC-09131 is this license valid for upgrade...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home on new laptop with digital license

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home on new laptop with digital license: On my old laptop, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Home Editioncame pre-installed using Microsoft Store. It shows 'Windows is activated with a digital license'. I'm assuming that it means that the license is linked to my Microsoft Account. With the 'slmgr -dli' cmd it shows...
  9. Recover a License from an upgraded machine

Recover a License from an upgraded machine: The company I used to work for had at one time purchased a Windows 10 Home computer. I then upgraded it to a Windows 10 Pro (I paid for it, not the company, and it's in my Microsoft Account.) I have since left the company and no longer have access to that computer. However, I...
  10. Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Home to Pro by transferring a retail license: Hello. I've recently bought a new laptop to replace a stolen one. The new laptop unfortunately comes with Windows 10 Home, and to enable disk encryption I'd need a Pro licence. In the stolen laptop, I had a full price retail Windows 8 licence, later upgraded to 8.1 and 10...