Windows 10: Migrated os to new ssd and it won't boot properly

Discus and support Migrated os to new ssd and it won't boot properly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently got a new m.2 ssd because I previously had windows installed on a hard drive which was rather slow. I didn't want to do a fresh install so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dylan_14, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Dylan_14 Win User

Migrated os to new ssd and it won't boot properly

I recently got a new m.2 ssd because I previously had windows installed on a hard drive which was rather slow. I didn't want to do a fresh install so I cleared up space and cloned the drive onto the SSD. Now when I try to boot up windows without the old hard drive connected, it blue screens and says something along the lines of missing the system32 file which i know it has. Am I missing some step of the process?

:)

Dylan_14, Nov 3, 2020

2. how to migrate only the OS to a new SSD

hi

i gust got a new SSD

and i want to move my OS and only my OS over to it

so that i can boot from it.

if any one can give me a step by step guide to it that would be grate

some PC info

i have windows 10 64bit

the SSD is 120GB

mrhexeberg, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Ivy336289 Win User
    how to migrate only the OS to a new SSD

to migrate os to SSD, you need a third-party tool. I recommend you AOMEI Partition Assistant. It offers you a feature called Migrate OS to SSD,
    which can help you transfer your os without effort.

before you start, you need to make sure the system partition on the old hard drive is smaller than or equal to 120GB. Also, you need to download AOMEI Partition Assistant.

then, see below.

1. launch AOMEI Partition Assistant

2. click Migrate os to SSD at the left panel

3. in the new window, click Next

4. select an unallocated space or a partition on your SSD

5. modify the information of your boot partition, including drive letter, size and position. then, click Next and Finish to back to the main page.

6. click Apply at the top left corner and Proceed to start the pending operation. then, just wait.

Ivy336289, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Migrated os to new ssd and it won't boot properly

Migration OS to a new SSD

I have a 1 TB HDD whit Win 10 home. Yesterday i bought a new 500 Gb SSD and I would know how i can migrate only mine OS and not all my file. Is it possible? how i can do it? A friend told me i can install windows 10 from the Microsoft site for free, and
    put my product key of the os of the old hdd in this new ssd. Is it true? Because i can't find this.

igorcasciotti, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Migrated os to new ssd and it won't boot properly

1. Migrated os to new ssd and it won't boot properly - Similar Threads - Migrated ssd won't

2. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  3. New SSD won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD won't boot: I just cloned my Windows 10 partition to a new SSD, but it won't boot. I had Windows set up to dual boot to Windows XP on another partition on the same HD when I cloned it. I did not move that XP partition to the SSD, is that possibly the reason it won't boot? When I try to...
  4. Computer won't boot after migrating the OS to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't boot after migrating the OS to a new hard drive: When I bought my desktop, quite a while ago now, I tried to spec it to be future-proof, except for some reason I only got a 256G C: drive. So, after being annoyed for quite a while with not having enough space I cloned it today. I followed the steps in this article, except I...
  5. Migrating OS to SSD

Migrating OS to SSD: To keep it short: Migrating OS from HDD to SSD. Problem is the EFI boot partition (16 Mb) and another unnamed partition are on the SSD. Somehow, the main Windows files are on the C: drive (HDD) and the boot is on the SSD. Aside from that, nothing else on the solid drive....
  6. Migrating Windows OS to new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Migrating Windows OS to new SSD: Hi all, I have an HP Envy that currently has a 1TB HDD, but I'm expecting a new machine, a Lenovo Thinkpad P53, in the following week or so. That configuration also has a 1TB HDD, however, I also bought an extra 500GB SSD from Crucial and made sure it's compatible with the...
  7. Trouble migrating OS to an SSD

Trouble migrating OS to an SSD: So, last week I got myself an SSD to use in my desktop PC. And when I try to migrate the whole OS with all my files and installed applications using Macrium. I get an error when I try to boot from the SSD, after all the copying process. And whatever I try doesn't help. Does...
  8. migrating OS to new ssd

migrating OS to new ssd: How can I migrate my os to my new ssd without going through any updates and so forth? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-os-to-new-ssd/e6936d37-08ae-469a-b831-f77b68db6072
  9. Migrate OS to SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrate OS to SSD: I cannot figure out how to move windows 10 os to new SSD. The C drive is not partitioned so the 1.8 TB drive is trying to migrate to the 500gb SSD, which it will not allow me to do. Is there a way to seperate just the OS from the C drive ?...
  10. SSD OS migration to new CPU/MB

SSD OS migration to new CPU/MB: Hello again all, i have broken down and i am going to do a partial upgraded to my main pc i have gone with AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Retail Wraith Stealth - (AM4/Hex Core/3.40GHz/19MB/65W) - YD2600BBAFBOX: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories and Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3000C15...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aomei pa after migrate os wont boot