Windows 10: Migrated Win7 to SSD will not upgrade to Win10

Discus and support Migrated Win7 to SSD will not upgrade to Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using an Asus CM8730 desktop with Win7. Purchased a Samsung Evo 850 SSD and used Samsung Migration software to move Win7 to the SSD from the HD that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by st2ref, Sep 19, 2015.

1. st2ref Win User

Migrated Win7 to SSD will not upgrade to Win10

Using an Asus CM8730 desktop with Win7. Purchased a Samsung Evo 850 SSD and used Samsung Migration software to move Win7 to the SSD from the HD that came from the computer. All went well, the computer boots very fast from the SSD. After about a month of use I decided to upgrade to Win10 but each time I've tried I got the same message: "Windows 10 couldn't be installed. We couldn't update the system reserved partition." I am not a computer expert so I am asking for a simple solution to my problem, if there is such a thing. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

:)

st2ref, Sep 19, 2015
  2. Alphagrey Win User

Migrate users from Windows 7 to clean Windows 10 install

I have Windows 7 running on a (Mechanical spinning hard drive) HDD, and I want to upgrade to Windows 10 running on a (SolidStateDrive) SSD. I plan is to perform a clean install of Windows 10 on my new SSD. Which leads me to my question, what is the best
    way to migrate my user accounts and data from Win7 to Win10?

Thanks for helping me out!

Alphagrey, Sep 19, 2015
  3. WindowsUpdate_80070002-20009 error when upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10

Install Win8.1 on D: (secondary HDD)

upgrade to Win10

Migrate on C: (Primary SSD)

Am I right?

SINCE1982-FR, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

The error

"Windows 10 couldn't be installed. We couldn't update the system reserved partition."

has been dealt with in these topics:
    win10 upgrade error - Windows 10 Forums
    on Win10 upgrade. : Windows10

In the reddit post, people solved this issue by taking ownership of the partition. I myself have not tried, if that works and it requires typing some commands on the command line.

Joergi, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Migrated Win7 to SSD will not upgrade to Win10 - Similar Threads - Migrated Win7 SSD

2. Migrating a Win7 install to a pc with Win10 preinstalled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating a Win7 install to a pc with Win10 preinstalled?: Hello, What's the best way to migrate everything (softwares, etc) from an old computer with Win7 to a new computer with Win10? I could clone but then I'd lose Win10 I can't upgrade from 7 to 10 because the OS is already installed on the target computer I could drag and drop...
  3. win10 migration from HHD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win10 migration from HHD to SSD: Hello Everyone, I've got an SSD which already has a an older version of windows and an HDD with my current win10 version. I´d like to know how to migrate the new version from the HDD to the SSD and then, how to configure it to boost the new one without having to erase the old...
  4. Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain?

Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain?: I have a WIN 7 cloned SSD and want to attempt the WIN 10 Upgrade on it keeping all my files and apps. In case the Upgrade fails I will still have my original WIN7 SSD and can reinsert it. Question is: once I Upgrade the clone to WIN 10, will I still be able to use my...
  5. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  6. Upgrade win7 to win10,

Upgrade win7 to win10,: when I try to upgrade my laptop from win7 to win10, I got this message "this PC can't be upgraded to windows 10 your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically once the issue...
  7. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  8. Upgrade to Win10 on new SSD, keep old Win7 on HDD

Upgrade to Win10 on new SSD, keep old Win7 on HDD: Hi all, I am currently running OEM Windows 7 on a HDD, and want to take advantage of the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 (I know it expired in 2016, but I read that you can still do it). Problem is, I have some programs that I still use that I don't have the keys for, so I'd...
  9. Upgrade Win7 to Win10 Before or After Migration to New System Build

Upgrade Win7 to Win10 Before or After Migration to New System Build: I have a system with an i7-3930k and Win7 retail license. I will be building a new i7-6700k system and will be reusing the SSD, HDD, graphics card and my Windows license. I ultimately want the new system to be Win10. Should I do the OS upgrade first, or build the new...
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716