Windows 10: Migrated Windows to an SSD drive

Discus and support Migrated Windows to an SSD drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After a lot of hassle as per usual with any Microsoft product, I eventually managed to reinstall Windows 10 using the same Windows serial I got off the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tmoirx, Dec 26, 2018.

1. tmoirx Win User

Migrated Windows to an SSD drive

After a lot of hassle as per usual with any Microsoft product, I eventually managed to reinstall Windows 10 using the same Windows serial I got off the old disk. I couldn't clone the old disk as I got the blue screen each time. Anyway, it now says I have an unauthorized version of Windows! How to fix it?. Could it be I downloaded a different version from that of my serial on my old disk?

:)

tmoirx, Dec 26, 2018

2. Migrating Digitally Licensed Windows 10 to SSD

I am very confused on how to migrate my current OS to my SSD by using the new ISO by Windows. I have installed the ISO onto a flash drive. I have booted the flash drive and it says that I have to go back and start Windows normally and restart the upgrade
    process. What does this mean? Could anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to migrate my OS? Also, my Windows 10 is digitally licensed.

AlexDT3956, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Migrating from HDD to SSD

You're looking at just under 75GB of data to migrate from your HDD to SSD so...
    I'd suggest you use Todo Backup Free for migrations to SSDs. As "Word Man" mentioned, you get to choose if you want to move some or all of the partitions of a disk. I think you'll be ok to just migrate/clone the whole disk to the new SSD and then from it from the SSD to the other physical drive you mentioned having. If you have a Samsung SSD, use their Samsung Magician software to do the clone.

Simeon Naranjit, Dec 26, 2018
  4. YuanSR Win User

Adding a SSD as C: Drive

Hi,

To move the OS, you need some cloning tools indeed. Otherwise, you have to do clean install. Normally, my suggestion is to install SSD and do a fresh install of Windows 10. Yet you got Windows 10 from Windows 8.

To my knowledge, the registry information is connected with your motherboard instead of the hard drive. So change a hard drive won't go bad.

Give Aomei Partition Assistant a shot. There is a "migrate OS to SSD" feature which can move OS drive including installed programs to SSD. Then remove
    your current hard drive to test if you can boot Windows 10 from SSD.

Always backup important data. Regards.

YuanSR, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Migrated Windows to an SSD drive - Similar Threads - Migrated SSD drive

2. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating to SSD: Hi, I have an old notebook in which I want to add an m.2 SSD256gb and run a dual memoryHDD with 1TB. I searched online and I learnt that It should work. The problem is that I one to install only W10 and some programs on the SSD, while I want to keep the other things on the...
  3. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating to SSD: Hi, I have an old notebook in which I want to add an m.2 SSD256gb and run a dual memoryHDD with 1TB. I searched online and I learnt that It should work. The problem is that I one to install only W10 and some programs on the SSD, while I want to keep the other things on the...
  4. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. migrating windows to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrating windows to ssd: Hello! My system fulfills all the requirements for Windows 11 upgrade, but I am planning to migrate my windows 10 to a newly installed SSD, will it affect the windows upgrade?...
  6. Migrating Windows 10 to new ssd drive.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating Windows 10 to new ssd drive.: I need to retire my very old hdd. I am hoping that I can transfer my existing installation from drive to drive without a lot of trouble. Is this possible?...
  7. Migrating to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating to SSD: So, my computer came with a hard disk and I've recently bought an SSD. I downloaded Windows 10 onto a flash drive so I can use it as a boot drive, so what do I do to get my SSD set up properly and migrate the data from my hard drive over? I ask because of the prompts with...
  8. Migrating Windows to Replacement SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating Windows to Replacement SSD Drive: Hi I'm looking to replace my dying HDD drive in my Toshiba Satellite C660-22V laptop with a new crucial SSD drive but would like to get advice on whether I will be able to activate windows 10 once installed on the new drive? The device itself was originally supplied with...
  9. Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive

Migrating a Windows 10 installation to a new SSD drive: Before I ask my question, I've read this post so I understand the basic procedure. My exact situation however is that I intend to keep the existing drive with Windows on it installed, but just transfer my Windows installation to a new SSD that I plan on installing. What do...
  10. Migration to an SSD

Migration to an SSD: I moved the Windows 10 installation of my mother's PC from a hard drive to a SSD using DriveImageXML drive2drive feature with Windows running. I copied the boot system partition and the Windows partition (C*Smile then booted with the new system partition. But even if I booted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer windows from hdd to ssd