Windows 10: Migrating applications and settings from my previous installation to my new Win 10 HDD.

Discus and support Migrating applications and settings from my previous installation to my new Win 10 HDD. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have to install a new disk into my desktop, I will still run Win 10 Pro. Is there a way to migrate my apps, settings and data from the old disk to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by swarthond, Dec 4, 2019.

1. swarthond Win User

Migrating applications and settings from my previous installation to my new Win 10 HDD.

I have to install a new disk into my desktop, I will still run Win 10 Pro. Is there a way to migrate my apps, settings and data from the old disk to the newly clean, vanilla Win 10 on the new disk? Everything is on one desktop and I have to remove the original disk at some stage, but I can leave it installed as a secondary disk for migration purposes.

:)

swarthond, Dec 4, 2019

2. How to migrate to a new HDD

My HP Envy 23 all in one 10 pt touch screen began giving me the ol Smart drive detects imminent HDD Failure.

So I got a new 1 TB drive and everything is backed up on another external drive.

How do I migrate to a new drive all my windows account settings?

If I use the on-board recovery it will load and install the original Win 8.1. I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. So do I need to just use my old win pro disk and reinstall windows and all my programs again?

Is there anyway to image the whole drive with all my programs, registry files and the lot and paste it onto the new drive?

Any easier suggestions than reinstalling everything would be great?

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks Chette

ChetteNichols Jr, Dec 4, 2019
  3. migrate files and settings from windows 10 to new hdd running windows 10

trying to migrate windows 10 files and settings from 1 hdd to fresh install of windows 10 on new hard drive....

WayneDzugalo, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Migrating applications and settings from my previous installation to my new Win 10 HDD.

Installing a new HDD to replace a HDD of the same size that failed.

I have a Windows 10 OS installed on my C: drive. I had data stored on an HDD designated as D: drive. That second drive failed and was replaced by a new HDD. Both are the same size and type of drives, except different manufactures. The new HDD is not
    listed in File Explorer. It is listed in Computer Management under Device Manager as a Disk drive. Disk Management under Storage does not list the new HDD.

I have tested the new HDD with software downloaded from the manufacture and it has passed all tests. At least that software was able to access the new drive and perform low level tests to see if it is operational.

Looking at the events log for this HDD, I find an event warning that says "Device ... was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match." Opening up the properties indicates drivers have been installed. Reading the volume information results in: "Volume
    information for this disk cannot be found"

I suspect that the problem with the volume information is associated with the warning in the event log. I removed the HDD, restarted the PC then shut it down to start the installation process over again. No change in the event log or status of the new
    HDD. Can anyone suggest how I can get past that warning?

RonTognazzini, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Migrating applications and settings from my previous installation to my new Win 10 HDD.

1. Migrating applications and settings from my previous installation to my new Win 10 HDD. - Similar Threads - Migrating applications settings

2. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD: My PC has a WD 1 T HDD as the primary drive with Win 10 installed. There is also an 2nd older WD HDD for data storage purposes if ever needed - unlikely.I recently bought a new 500 GB SSD drive. I would like to install my WIN 10 on the new SSD using it as the primary drive.To...
  3. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD: My PC has a WD 1 T HDD as the primary drive with Win 10 installed. There is also an 2nd older WD HDD for data storage purposes if ever needed - unlikely.I recently bought a new 500 GB SSD drive. I would like to install my WIN 10 on the new SSD using it as the primary drive.To...
  4. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to install Window 10 in SSD and removing previous installation of win 10 from HDD.

How to install Window 10 in SSD and removing previous installation of win 10 from HDD.: So I have brought a new SSD 240GB My laptop has 1TB HDD too I want SSD as boot drive and want to remove previous installation of window (C:) and I also want to keep my D, E and F drive.[ATTACH]...
  6. installing win 10 on a new hdd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installing win 10 on a new hdd: I purchased a Sony laptop several years ago that came with win8 MS offered a free upgrade to win10 that I took advantage of When my unit crashed a while back, I was able to download a media creation tool to a flash drive. to reintall win 10 I now have to replace this hd...
  7. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering system settings from previous HDD: Hi, I installed a new 2 TB SSD onto my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10. I need to find the best way to transfer the Windows 10 systems settings from old HDD to the new SDD drive. I have already moved all of the data and program files over, but need to copy the...
  8. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

Recovering system settings from previous HDD: Hi, I installed a new 2 TB SSD onto my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10. I need to find the best way to transfer the Windows 10 systems settings from old HDD to the new SDD drive. I have already moved all of the data and program files over, but need to copy the...
  9. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

10. Need help migrating/installing Win 10 into new HDD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need help migrating/installing Win 10 into new HDD: Hello all! In need of some help and I hope this is the forum that can solve my issue. If not would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction as I'm really clueless right now.*Redface Setup: Laptop 1 - Acer Aspire V3-771G-9809 - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. migrate apps and settings from and old hdd