Windows 10: Migrating data from MacBook Pro hard drive to Windows 10 machine

Discus and support Migrating data from MacBook Pro hard drive to Windows 10 machine in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The logic board on my MBP is fried so the machine will not even boot up. I have seen a few articles about migrating Mac files to a Windows machine, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rossepeo, Sep 18, 2018.

1. rossepeo Win User

Migrating data from MacBook Pro hard drive to Windows 10 machine

The logic board on my MBP is fried so the machine will not even boot up. I have seen a few articles about migrating Mac files to a Windows machine, but they all require using the Mac to "send" the files to Windows. That option is not available to me. I have an external drive containing Time Machine backups. I also have the hard drive salvaged from the dead Mac. How can I retrieve my files (Pages & rtf documents, Numbers spreadsheets, Keynote presentations, Photos library of images, projects & slideshows and videos, and music files) and apps from the hard drives I have? I don't yet have a Windows laptop. I am weighing my options & trying to decide whether to stay with Mac or go back to Windows, which is what I pre-2011. Thanks for any insights you can give. If I have entered this question under the incorrect topic heading, could you please move it to the appropriate area so as to tap into the right experts. Thanks.

:)

rossepeo, Sep 18, 2018
  2. JimCoogan Win User

Reloading Windows 10 Pro after a hard drive crash

My ASUS G60 laptop hard drive crashed. I bought a new SSD and plan to install it. The computer started out as a Win 7 Pro machine, migrated to Win 8 Pro, and finally Win 10 Pro. I found the product key for Windows 8 Pro but not Windows 10. How do I got
    about reinstalling Windows 10 Pro? Does Microsoft keep some sort of list of machines that have Windows 10 Pro on them so I can install and it will look up my product key? Thanks.

Jim

JimCoogan, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows on Macbook Pro using Bootcamp

Hi,

You need support software (drivers) installed with Boot Camp to use Windows 10. This software is automatically downloaded when you use Boot Camp Assistant. Boot Camp supports 64-bit versions of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro when used with a supported
    Mac. Here are the list that supports Windows 10:

• MacBook Pro (2012 and later)
    • MacBook Air (2012 and later)
    • MacBook (2015 and later)
    • iMac Pro (2017)iMac (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini (2012 and later)
    • Mac mini Server (Late 2012)
    • Mac Pro (Late 2013)

We also suggest that you check and follow the steps shared by Andre Da Costa on this
    thread on how to setup Windows 10 on your Mac using Boot Camp.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Migrating data from MacBook Pro hard drive to Windows 10 machine

How to Migrate/Transfer files from MacBook to PC (Windows 10)

Hi,

Migrate your files from a Mac to a PC

Most documents and media types are supported on both Mac and PC platforms as long as you have an application installed that supports the file type. Some of the most common file types that you might want to migrate are Microsoft Office files, Music, Movies,
    Pictures, e-mail and other data files.

I suggest you to refer the link below.

transfer files from MacBook Pro to PC windows 10

transfer files from Macbook Pro to PC windows 10

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Migrating data from MacBook Pro hard drive to Windows 10 machine

1. Migrating data from MacBook Pro hard drive to Windows 10 machine - Similar Threads - Migrating data MacBook

2. Windows on hard drive connected to MacBook Pro laptop not connecting wirelessly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows on hard drive connected to MacBook Pro laptop not connecting wirelessly.: I've installed windows 10 onto an external hard drive on my MacBook Pro so whenever I wish to use Windows I can plug in my hard drive and switch the start up disk to the hard drive and use Windows 10. But my issue is that whenever I connect to my wireless Wi-Fi network it...
  3. Windows on hard drive connected to MacBook Pro laptop not connecting wirelessly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows on hard drive connected to MacBook Pro laptop not connecting wirelessly.: I've installed windows 10 onto an external hard drive on my MacBook Pro so whenever I wish to use Windows I can plug in my hard drive and switch the start up disk to the hard drive and use Windows 10. But my issue is that whenever I connect to my wireless Wi-Fi network it...
  4. Migrate all Data from Mac Pro to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate all Data from Mac Pro to Windows 11: Can someone please guide me the best way to migrate all my data from my Macbook Pro to my new Lenovo Windows 11 laptop. I need to ensure that EVERYTHING is transferred- documents, phots , Videos etc. I am not too worried about transferring apps. I can download them afresh on...
  5. Migrate all Data from Mac Pro to Windows 11

Migrate all Data from Mac Pro to Windows 11: Can someone please guide me the best way to migrate all my data from my Macbook Pro to my new Lenovo Windows 11 laptop. I need to ensure that EVERYTHING is transferred- documents, phots , Videos etc. I am not too worried about transferring apps. I can download them afresh on...
  6. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive migration: I have 2 lenovo all in 1 computers. One has broken screen so I want to use its 1tb hard drive to replace the 256gb hard drive in the other computer. Both have separate windows 10 licences. I have no data in either of the drives. What can I do? Thanks...
  7. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive migration: I have 2 lenovo all in 1 computers. One has broken screen so I want to use its 1tb hard drive to replace the 256gb hard drive in the other computer. Both have separate windows 10 licences. I have no data in either of the drives. What can I do? Thanks...
  8. Hard Drive migration

9. Transferring data from PC to MacBook with migration assistant

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring data from PC to MacBook with migration assistant: When using the migration assistant to transfer my photos from my pc to my Mac book, every time I try to run it the app says edge is running but it doesn’t show that it is running in the task manager....
  10. Hard drive migration

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive migration: I am getting a bare-bones Intel NUC i5. I was thinking of moving the hard drive from another laptop to the NUC. The hard drive has windows 10 installed on it; will the migration stop the OS from working? Is this even possible? submitted by /u/hotspark226 [link] [comments]...