Windows 10: Migrating Device to new account

Discus and support Migrating Device to new account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am in the process of doing a clean install on my work computer. I just realized that I have set both my work and home computer up under the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Russell Davis1, May 25, 2022.

1. Migrating Device to new account

I am in the process of doing a clean install on my work computer. I just realized that I have set both my work and home computer up under the same microsoft account. I am wondering if I need to / can migrate the work computer to my work email new microsoft account.My fear is that during the new install, when I log into my microsoft account it will pull my windows product / credentials from my home computer and not the work computer and somehow mess things up.Also, I purchased office under my personal email for the work computer - will that matter when re-installing?Thanks,

:)

Russell Davis1, May 25, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, May 25, 2022
  3. dalchina Win User
    Device not migrated

Hi, lots of results if you search for
    device not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

- suggest uninstalling the root hubs and let them reinstall on reboot.

Did this occur after a Windows update was applied? (See Update History).

Migrating Device to new account [​IMG]

dalchina, May 25, 2022
  4. Vesao Win User

Migrating Device to new account

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Migrating Device to new account

1. Migrating Device to new account - Similar Threads - Migrating Device account

2. Migrating Device to new account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating Device to new account: I am in the process of doing a clean install on my work computer. I just realized that I have set both my work and home computer up under the same microsoft account. I am wondering if I need to / can migrate the work computer to my work email new microsoft account.My fear is...
  3. Migrating Device to new account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating Device to new account: I am in the process of doing a clean install on my work computer. I just realized that I have set both my work and home computer up under the same microsoft account. I am wondering if I need to / can migrate the work computer to my work email new microsoft account.My fear is...
  4. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device not migrated: Following a Windows 10 upgrade I've lost use of one bluetooth soundbar. Here's what I know:There is not a soundbar problem. The soundbar works with my Mac, and with a USB. My Windows 10 troubleshooter says that for that soundbar, "headphones" are not plugged in.The soundbar...
  5. Device Migration

Device Migration: What would prevent a device from being migrated and is this really a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-migration/4bde4cbb-cc21-411d-bcf5-3b91e98c7f8b
  6. device not migrated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    device not migrated: upgrading to win 10 from 7 and keyboard on laptop not working device details show device not migrated how can I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-not-migrated/2dc0e73f-c92f-4a9e-9be8-f4183679d1f9
  7. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: Hello, After a Windows 10 update today the speakers do not work. In the LG Ultrawide events screen there is this... Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{d82c1427-b7ce-48fb-9340-1a163a6a7810} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  8. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: I'm connecting a USB disk device to my machine. I've tried updating drivers, using a different USB port and not joy. The message in the events log reads as shown below. Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_JMicron&Prod_Generic\000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match....
  9. Device Not Migrated

Device Not Migrated: I have a dell Inspiron 3265 which I am using dual monitors. This has been working ever since I hooked them up. My all-in-one has an hdmi port on the back and I am running an hdmi to dvi cable to the acer monitor for this setup. Again, this has been working since I originally...
  10. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device not migrated: In device manager, Network Adapters. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, it is showing that device not migrated..Tried uninstalling ..[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/device-not-migrated/76728f32-ce35-4123-973e-2bda95e2b01b