Windows 10: Migrating from MS Office 2010 to 2013, with Windows-10

Discus and support Migrating from MS Office 2010 to 2013, with Windows-10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear All, I am not an IT Techie, but am a simple user. As I use BCM for my small business, that does not work beyond MS Office 2013, I was restrained... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TAL_054, May 4, 2019.

1. TAL_054 Win User

Migrating from MS Office 2010 to 2013, with Windows-10

Dear All,

I am not an IT Techie, but am a simple user. As I use BCM for my small business, that does not work beyond MS Office 2013, I was restrained to upgrade to MS-2013. I am also using other stand alone MS Programs of 2016 version. Unfortunately, since I have downloaded the Office 2013, Windows 10 integration appears to be inconsistent. Fixing the several problems, in my view needs an extensive knowledge of IT. As a simple home user, we expect that in case any changes will occur, Windows-10 should ask us if we agree or not. Also, for the updates, should not be forced.

(1) Today, my outlook is not functioning correctly, with one account being non functional, giving tremendous problems as I have to use web mail.

(2) The OneNote (stand alone) is not functional, as Keep being forced to use OneNote on cloud, thus rendering its basic function of copying from website, totally unusable,

(3) The Document Icons have disappeared from windows explorer, completely obliterating visibility.

I could not find a simple solution for these. Every solution led to another string of solutions in an unending circle. Maybe I am not experienced enough to trouble shoot.

I wonder, if there is some forum, contact line etc. to get help, that resolves the issue, without wasting my or the MS Office's time?

Please advise.

:)

TAL_054, May 4, 2019

2. MS Office 2013

MS office is now a subscription-based model where you have to pay yearly for using Microsoft Office, unlike MS Office 2007 and Office 2010.

Office 2013 too, is replaced by Office 2016.

https://products.office.com/en-in/compare-all-m...

Sumit Dhiman2, May 4, 2019
  3. MS Office 2013 documents won't open Using SharePoint 2010

I'm using SharePoint 2010 and MS Office 2013 up until recently I was having no issues with this combination. Starting over the last week all MS Office documents will not open. The MS Office application will
    do 1 of 3 things:

• Run the launch window with "opening wfeserver/library/document.docx" until the user kills the program

• Open the program and go to a Not Responding state until the user kills the program

• Prompt the user with:

So far, the only solution I found was to restart the IIS server on the WFE. I'm looking for what is causing this issue. is there a service or application pool that deals directly with MS Office files? Any ideas?

Note: Central Admin is running off another server. Central Admin doesn't experience the same issue only the sites on the WFE server. Also, this only affects MS Office files.

David IanScott, May 4, 2019
  4. Migrating from MS Office 2010 to 2013, with Windows-10

Windows 10 and MS Office

I have upgraded my new laptop computer to Windows 10. Now I want to install a MS Office suite. Will MS Office 2010 work with Windows 10? Or will MS Office 2013 work with Windows 10?

Reggie Boring, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Migrating from MS Office 2010 to 2013, with Windows-10

1. Migrating from MS Office 2010 to 2013, with Windows-10 - Similar Threads - Migrating Office 2010

2. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Office 2010: Hard drive is dying on my other laptop is dying. Trying to get office 2010 off it. Got my product key, but unsure if it will let me use it again. Can't find the exe file for it. I have my product key. But unsure if it will work on my laptop Im using now. I downloaded the file...
  3. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Office 2010: Hard drive is dying on my other laptop is dying. Trying to get office 2010 off it. Got my product key, but unsure if it will let me use it again. Can't find the exe file for it. I have my product key. But unsure if it will work on my laptop Im using now. I downloaded the file...
  4. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Office 2010

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Office 2010: New laptop with W10s installed; attempted install MS Office 2010, but even though it installed and can be found in programs and features, I cannot find it anywhere else let alone work from it? In other words, it's apparently on my new laptop, but hidden or?...
  6. Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016: Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks 53270
  7. MS Office 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office 2013: I have a fully licensed copy of MS office 2013. I have been sent a word.doc attachment on an email and saved it to the HDD, but Word refuses to open it!!!! 52061
  8. MS Office 2013 aps...

MS Office 2013 aps...: This issue has been bothering me for awhile, short description.... Windows 7 and 10 sharing files via workgroup with one gig switched network, using local accounts. Initial opening and MS Office file (.docx, .xlsx, etc.) takes anywhere from 15-25 seconds. Opening another...
  9. Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide

Office 2010 or Office 2013 ? Help Me Decide: Clean installing Windows 10 and have both Office 2010 and Office 2013 available and your thoughts on which should I use. I have been running Office 2010 on my systems and mainly basic use of Word and Excel. Also x86 or x64? Also would my files created with Office 2010 have...
  10. Office 2010 Migration - Outlook

Office 2010 Migration - Outlook: Whilst my office suite (2010) seems to have migrated well, has anyone had any issues with sending mail from Outlook. I have a exchange server account in Outlook which works fine, however I also have a BT Internet (Yahoo version) pop 3 account, which is set to the correct...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. office 2010