Windows 10: Migrating from one W10 machine to another

Discus and support Migrating from one W10 machine to another in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am about to pull the trigger on a new laptop and I am looking for a simple(ish) way to transfer profiles, settings and apps. On mobile phones, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Marathonmax, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Migrating from one W10 machine to another

I am about to pull the trigger on a new laptop and I am looking for a simple(ish) way to transfer profiles, settings and apps. On mobile phones, it is quite seamless, how about for Windows? What are you guys using? Tks.

submitted by /u/Marathonmax
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Marathonmax, Jan 12, 2021
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Printer migration tool for w10 2004

1. What printer?
    2. What do you mean by "migrate"?
    3. What are you trying to do?

I run two Epson printers - one Wi-Fi, one via USB cable. All 4 of my PC's see and use them.

sygnus21, Jan 12, 2021
  3. JimP5 Win User
    Lumia update stuck at migrating your data.

A normal power button shutdown worked on my Lumia 640. W10 upgrade stalled at migrating data, Step 20 of 22, 0%. I performed a shutdown. The phone restarted automatically. It showed it was migrating data at Step 1 of 3. It completed in a minute. The phone
    appears to be operating normally with W10 installed.

JimP5, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Migrating from one W10 machine to another

AMD Athlon x2 4200+ based system migrating from w10 32bit to 64bit stuck at windows logo screen...

Possible reason why it’s getting stuck at blue logo screen is because the installation disc that you are using is damaged or corrupted.

Migrating to Windows 10 64 bit from 32 bit operating system requires installation, that means all files, data and applications will be deleted, we suggest to create a backup before the installation.

For the meantime, we recommend to create another installation media using Media Creation Tool and check if issue still persists.

Follow the steps listed on the article below on how to Migrate from Windows 10 32-bit to 64-bit .

Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

JericDale Ort, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Migrating from one W10 machine to another

1. Migrating from one W10 machine to another - Similar Threads - Migrating W10 machine

2. Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.: So I am planning to upgrade my laptop's SSD, and windows is installed in the old SSD. So i want my windows license in my new SSD. Can you please tell me how i can do it....
  3. Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I migrate my digital license from one machine to another machine.: So I am planning to upgrade my laptop's SSD, and windows is installed in the old SSD. So i want my windows license in my new SSD. Can you please tell me how i can do it....
  4. Migrate one windows drive to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate one windows drive to another?: Hello,I had a problem after tyring to install Ubuntu and I kinda screwed some things up, so my Windows 10 wouldnt boot, luckily I had a drive with nothing important on it so I installed Windows 10 on it, and I am currently using it. But I want my old drive back or at least...
  5. Migrate one windows drive to another?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Migrate one windows drive to another?: Hello,I had a problem after tyring to install Ubuntu and I kinda screwed some things up, so my Windows 10 wouldnt boot, luckily I had a drive with nothing important on it so I installed Windows 10 on it, and I am currently using it. But I want my old drive back or at least...
  6. One Machine Turns On Another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Machine Turns On Another: I have two machines connected to each other via LAN cable. Direct wire, not through router. One Desktop runs Win 7 64-bit Pro and the other Laptop runs Win 10 64-bit Pro. Each shares a specific folder with the other. Does it make sense that because of the connection one will...
  7. Migrating Windows to another virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Migrating Windows to another virtual machine: I have an iMac running Parallels with Win 10 Pro in a virtual machine. This Win 10 Pro was an upgraded for free from Win 7 Pro a few years ago. I think it was an upgrade only path, which I presume means that I cannot download a fresh Win 10 Pro and install that. i.e. I need...
  8. Transferring w10 from one pc to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring w10 from one pc to another?: I have a Digital license (retail, not OEM) of w10 pro on an old laptop that I no longer use. I want to remove this license from the laptop and put it onto a completely new PC. Completely different components. I've read all the articles on this I could find, however I hadn't...
  9. Windows User migration (and data migration!) from one OS to another, but also from one...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows User migration (and data migration!) from one OS to another, but also from one...: We are on the verge of moving over appr. 100 colleagues from a newly acquired company. The users on the old 2012 Domain are running a mix of Windows 7, 8 and 10 and Office 2013 and 2016, with their data stored locally on their PC’s. Our own 2016 Domain is setup with Office...
  10. Help - Network Gurus there Can't access W10 machine from another W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help - Network Gurus there Can't access W10 machine from another W10: Hi there Going BONKERS over this (Build 10166) Two computers on a LAN REDSQUIRREL running W10 PRO X-64 on a physical laptop logged on with a LOCAL account, BLACKDOG running W10 Enterprise X-64 with an Ms account. 1) REDSQUIRREL does not even SEE BLACKDOG....