Windows 10: Migrating genuine MS Windows 10 from existing HDD to new internal NVMe M.2 SSD

Discus and support Migrating genuine MS Windows 10 from existing HDD to new internal NVMe M.2 SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 installed on the HDD on my Lenovo S340 model. I want to upgrade it with NVMe SSD. How can I migrate the OS from HDD to SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BayajiVarak, May 17, 2021.

1. Migrating genuine MS Windows 10 from existing HDD to new internal NVMe M.2 SSD

I am using Windows 10 installed on the HDD on my Lenovo S340 model. I want to upgrade it with NVMe SSD. How can I migrate the OS from HDD to SSD without having to reinstall it?

:)

BayajiVarak, May 17, 2021
  2. Js3199 Win User

Migrating Windows 10 from m.2 sata to new pcie nvme ssd

Hello all,

I'm going to upgrade my current m.2 sata 128gb to a m.2 pcie nvme 480gb and have questions about migrating Windows over. From my understanding since i have a laptop and cant connect both drives at the same time and pcie nvme isnt supported externally I was
    going to try and create a restore disk of my current drive and then image it to my new drive. Will this work?

Again my process will be, create rescue disk and image to usb, power down and swap drives, enable usb boot to my usb and power on, run the rescue disk and image to my new pcie nvme ssd.

Does anyone see problems with this? Do I need a large usb or will 32gb work for a 128gb ssd?

Js3199, May 17, 2021
  3. Migrate Win 10 Pro from OEM HDD to internal PCIe SSD

Migrate Win 10 Pro from OEM HDD to PCIe SSD

Computer: DELL Precision 5820 Tower Workstation. OEM installed Windows 10Pro 64-bit (with latest updates).

The OEM System included installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS on SATA Hard drive. The BIOS is UEFI with Secure Boot enabled and TMP.

For faster startup, I want to migrate the Dell installed OS from the OEM hard drive to a new internal Western Digital Black M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD. (Move just the OS and retained the original OEM hard disk inthe computer). I do not want the hastle of a clean
    install of windows 10 Pro.

Using MiniTools Partition Wizard, I mgrated the OS to the SSD (SSD is GPT mode; not mbr). Both the OEM HDD & the SSD now show up as OS drives, However, I cannot set the boot loader priority (in BIOS) to reognize the SSD as a Boot option. I can only boot
    from the OEM HDD. I do not want to disable Secure Boot.

I have the latest UEFI BIOS installed. The SSD is installed in an M.2 to PCIe slot adapter card in a compatible (greater capacity, X16) PCIe slot.

Does Microsoft have an update of trusted hardware or drivers for the Western Digital SSD ( M.2 PCIe WD Black SN750 NVMe, model WDS500G3XHC ) Western Digital does not have drivers for the SSD.

Incidentally, Using Partition Wizard, I had no problem doing this exact same change-over to an M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (formatted GPT mode) on my Dell Precision M7510 (exact same OS, with both Secure Boot and TMP enabled). The SSD recognized in the BIOS boot
    priority and boots A-OK.

Note: The TMP sub-version & PC client spec versions are the same, but the manufacturers version & PPI spec versions are later versions than for the 5820T computer. The WD Black M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD is also different model (WDS512G1X0C-00ENX0)

JPinterest, May 17, 2021
  4. Migrating genuine MS Windows 10 from existing HDD to new internal NVMe M.2 SSD

cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers

Crocodile_aligator, May 17, 2021
Thema:

Migrating genuine MS Windows 10 from existing HDD to new internal NVMe M.2 SSD

1. Migrating genuine MS Windows 10 from existing HDD to new internal NVMe M.2 SSD - Similar Threads - Migrating genuine existing

2. How to transfer Windows from SATA HDD to NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer Windows from SATA HDD to NVMe M.2 SSD: As the title says, I want to transfer windows from my HDD to the SSD I'm going to add so that boot times and stuff doesn't take forever. I really don't care about losing data/apps/documents that are in the HDD, I just want to transfer Windows to the SSD and I'll start from...
  3. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate OS to M.2 nvme: I am interested in migrating Windows 10 on my old gaming desktop to M.2 nvme to increase boot speeds. The migration seems straight forward but my question involves the software already installed on the current C drive. Will I have to uninstall the software and re-install it...
  4. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrate OS to M.2 nvme: I am interested in migrating Windows 10 on my old gaming desktop to M.2 nvme to increase boot speeds. The migration seems straight forward but my question involves the software already installed on the current C drive. Will I have to uninstall the software and re-install it...
  5. Migrate OS to M.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD "device not migrated" after second m.2 nvme: [ATTACH]Hi, ive installed a second M.2 NVME drive into my x570 MSI Gaming Edge board to replace 2 old Samsung EVO ssd´s and now my WD Black 1tb HDD is not in explorer but is in device manager->Disk Drives and is giving this error in Disk management events. Things i have...
  7. NVMe M.2 SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  8. Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows10 Migration from M.2 SSD to new computer with M.2 NVME SSD & Hardware: I need help! I upgraded my computer to a ROG x570-I motherboard and Ryzen 9 3900 processor; and while i was at it, I cloned my m.2 ssd with windows from Arconis and moved it to a new "rocket" gen4 m.2 using the pcie. It won't boot. Asus doesn't show it in the boot drive...
  9. Windows hang/not responding after migrate from HDD to M.2 NVME

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows hang/not responding after migrate from HDD to M.2 NVME: I have upgraded my Lenovo Y520 laptop from using HDD to M.2 NVME. I don't remember what software did I used to clone Windows drive to M.2 drive. Now after inactivity without input Windows will hang and output no video whether through HDMI or on the laptop monitor. I think...
  10. Migrating Windows 10 from an existing HDD to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating Windows 10 from an existing HDD to a new SSD: I have Installed a new WD SSD on my Asus S15 S510UN Laptop. I have been trying to identify possibilities of migrating my Windows 10 installation 'as it is' to my new WD SSD. I have tried using Acronis True Image WD Edition but am facing some issues with the installation. The...