Windows 10: Migrating hdd

Discus and support Migrating hdd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was wondering if migrating from a SSD to SSD is same as HDD to SSD and also if the hard drive with the operating systems had bad sectors on it, would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by williamsTL, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Migrating hdd

I was wondering if migrating from a SSD to SSD is same as HDD to SSD and also if the hard drive with the operating systems had bad sectors on it, would the migration still continue successfully? Thanks

:)

williamsTL, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Migrating from HDD to SSD

You're looking at just under 75GB of data to migrate from your HDD to SSD so...
    I'd suggest you use Todo Backup Free for migrations to SSDs. As "Word Man" mentioned, you get to choose if you want to move some or all of the partitions of a disk. I think you'll be ok to just migrate/clone the whole disk to the new SSD and then from it from the SSD to the other physical drive you mentioned having. If you have a Samsung SSD, use their Samsung Magician software to do the clone.

Simeon Naranjit, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

Migrating hdd

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Migrating hdd

1. Migrating hdd - Similar Threads - Migrating hdd

2. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  3. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  4. I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...: I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to enter BIOS as my keyboard doesn't work in BIOS how should I choose my SSD as boot drive. I bought Torosus SSDI have TOSHIBA HDD I am using Minitool partition wizard to migrate my OS from...
  5. I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...

I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to...: I am trying to move from HDD to SSD by migrating my OS, now the issue is I'm unable to enter BIOS as my keyboard doesn't work in BIOS how should I choose my SSD as boot drive. I bought Torosus SSDI have TOSHIBA HDD I am using Minitool partition wizard to migrate my OS from...
  6. Ok so i just done a data migration from an hdd to a sdd, and replace the old hdd with the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ok so i just done a data migration from an hdd to a sdd, and replace the old hdd with the...: I entered the bios but it's different from the other bios which i saw on yt videos.It's like:InsydeH20 Setup Utility, but like this:And I basically can't try any of the different solutions i've found online...Please help me...
  7. Ok so i just done a data migration from an hdd to a sdd, and replace the old hdd with the...

Ok so i just done a data migration from an hdd to a sdd, and replace the old hdd with the...: I entered the bios but it's different from the other bios which i saw on yt videos.It's like:InsydeH20 Setup Utility, but like this:And I basically can't try any of the different solutions i've found online...Please help me...
  8. Ok so i just done a data migration from an hdd to a sdd, and replace the old hdd with the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd: I currently have a 1tb hard drive that I've used for a few years. Recently I got a new ssd that is also 1tb and I would like to run windows on it. How would I move windows to the ssd while keeping all my data on the hard drive?...
  10. How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd

How to migrate windows to a ssd while keeping all data on my original hdd: I currently have a 1tb hard drive that I've used for a few years. Recently I got a new ssd that is also 1tb and I would like to run windows on it. How would I move windows to the ssd while keeping all my data on the hard drive?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is migrating a hdd

2. migrating hdd to hdd