Windows 10: Migrating / importing passwords from Firefox to Internet Explorer 11

Discus and support Migrating / importing passwords from Firefox to Internet Explorer 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Win 10 and then to v.1607, Firefox started causing innumerable crashes that Windows wouldn't recover from without a lot of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rjhfandclf, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Migrating / importing passwords from Firefox to Internet Explorer 11

Since upgrading to Win 10 and then to v.1607, Firefox started causing innumerable crashes that Windows wouldn't recover from without a lot of re-booting. I thought it was Kaspersky at first, but since switching from FF to IE11, so far all is OK again. The big problem is the inability to migrate data into IE11 as far as I can see. No problem with manually copying the bookmarks and importing those from the file, but I cannot find anything (except third party apps, that I am not sure about) to deal with all the passwords etc.

I would quite like to be able to weed them out at the same time and could certainly do this manually via FF (but not on this PC any more!) I have copied them as .csv and .xml files via the FF add-on 'Passport Exporter' on my sync'd notebook, but cannot see how to paste these into IE11 - if at all.

Any hints will be appreciated.

:)

rjhfandclf, Nov 14, 2016

2. I lost all my favorites; those imported from Firefox and from Internet Explorer.

Hi Ernie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Favorites are shared between Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer for the desktop, so you can view, add to, and organize your favorites from both the address bar and the traditional favorites list in Internet Explorer for the desktop.

To import favorites from IE, I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

To import favorites from Firefox, please contact Mozilla support.

Firefox Help

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 14, 2016
  3. sbudaj Win User
    importing firefox bookmarks to edge

My workaround for this was to import the bookmarks to Internet Explorer (from Firefox) then to import them to Edge. It worked.

sbudaj, Nov 14, 2016
Thema:

Migrating / importing passwords from Firefox to Internet Explorer 11

1. Migrating / importing passwords from Firefox to Internet Explorer 11 - Similar Threads - Migrating importing passwords

2. Migrate from Internet Explorer to Edge quickly using these tools

in Windows 10 News
    Migrate from Internet Explorer to Edge quickly using these tools: [ATTACH]For all its users and businesses alike, Microsoft pledges to make the transition from Internet Explorer 11 to Edge a hassle-free process. It is in this regard, the software giant has created some very helpful online setup guides and tools to help you migrate from...
  3. Internet Explorer 11 not saving passwords

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 not saving passwords: Dear All, I have a laptop that runs Windows 10 Enterprise and I use Internet Explorer 11 as my web browser. I have just been issued with the laptop and so have a fresh install on Windows 10. When I go to websites that ask me to enter username and password Internet Explorer...
  4. How Do I Import Passwords and History From Firefox Into Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How Do I Import Passwords and History From Firefox Into Edge: Hello Everybody, I am a very happy Windows 10 user, and I would like to begin to use Edge more, maybe even as my primary web browser. The problem is that I have been using Firefox for many years and I keep all of passwords and settings and history stored in Firefox, I...
  5. Importing Bookmarks from Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Importing Bookmarks from Firefox: Hi I am trying to import my Firefox bookmarks from my old computer into Windows 10, I have looked an some earlier forum discussions but cannot get them to move over. I have downloaded them into an HTML file on a USB stick, can I input from this anyway? 46615
  6. Internet Explorer acting like Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer acting like Firefox: I was on Yahoo and accessed the Games. I accessed the daily crossword and I got the ad bypass window that Firefox displays and then the game came up. I tried a couple of the other games and it did the same thing. One thing fixed... 3503
  7. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...
  8. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The...
  9. Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Internet Explorer - Import Bookmarks from Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. import passwords from firefox to ie 11