Windows 10: Migrating legacy xp computer to new Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Migrating legacy xp computer to new Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need help in starting up a new Win 10 computer and migrating from a legacy xp computer. My local Microsoft store tells me this is not truly possible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CjAlfonso, Dec 26, 2018.

1. CjAlfonso Win User

Migrating legacy xp computer to new Windows 10 computer

I need help in starting up a new Win 10 computer and migrating from a legacy xp computer. My local Microsoft store tells me this is not truly possible

:)

CjAlfonso, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Newmaven Win User

Migrating to new computers

We need to migrate our data and programs to new computers. One source computer runs XP, the other runs Win 10 Pro x64 (winver 1703); both destination computers run Win 10 Pro x64.

What's the best way to go about it? I understand there is software designed to help.

Newmaven, Dec 26, 2018
  3. aarnstone Win User
    migrating windows 10 to a new computer

I bought a retail version of windows8/8.1 and then upgraded to windows 10. my computer is 8 years old and i plan on getting a new i7 skylake chip based computer before the end of the year. the question is how do i migrate my C: drive and its programs to
    the new computer? do i just install 10 on the new computer's C: drive and then migrate from the old computer's C: drive to it?

aarnstone, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Migrating legacy xp computer to new Windows 10 computer

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Migrating legacy xp computer to new Windows 10 computer

1. Migrating legacy xp computer to new Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Migrating legacy computer

2. Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer: I'm helping my daughters family move from he old W7 laptop to a new W10 laptop. The old one only had her user account. The new one will have additional users.I'm tried to determine the best approach to move data and programs from the old to new laptop and set up new users....
  3. migrating from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    migrating from old computer to new computer: I used zinstall to migrate. It took many hours to migrate and when it was done the new computer had a new name and the new user account only had 4 items in it. I looked around and found the old user account along with partial copies of the old user. What I want to know is how...
  4. Migrating Windows 10 to a new computer

Migrating Windows 10 to a new computer: While making a list of parts for my upcoming PC build, I was wondering if it is possible to install an HDD from an older prebuilt system and transfer Windows 10 to an SSD in the new build. Would it work? If so, would I still need an activation key? Thanks :...
  5. Migrate WIndows 10 licence to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrate WIndows 10 licence to new computer: Hello, I haven't found the specific answer I'm looking for, hence opening this new question. I bought two Windows 7 pro licences back when it was a thing. Installed onto two identical computers (the wife's and myself). Then came the Windows 10 free update. Both...
  6. Migration to a new computer

Migration to a new computer: I have a Windows 10 OS on my current computer. I bought a new computer with Windows 10 installed. I want to migrate files/apps/programs from the old computer to the new one in the simplest way possible without investing in any transfer software. Many of my files/documents are...
  7. Migration from old computer to new computer

Migration from old computer to new computer: My old computer is dying and I am about to buy a new one. I am a 73 year old disabled vet with difficulties and I need a migration program that will transfer everything for me. I understand they will not transfer security programs. I prefer to move everything from the old...
  8. Windows 10 computer will not connect to windows xp computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 computer will not connect to windows xp computer: Hi I have 3 windows 10 computers,64bits,32bits home and pro versions. They all do connect to my windows xp computer and are fine to share files and allow remote desktop connections, so I know the xp computer should be all set up and ok. Now my problem is, my new windows 10...
  9. Migrating to new computers

Migrating to new computers: We need to migrate our data and programs to new computers. One source computer runs XP, the other runs Win 10 Pro x64 (winver 1703); both destination computers run Win 10 Pro x64. What's the best way to go about it? I understand there is software designed to help. 88869
  10. Migrate to new computer

Migrate to new computer: My daughter just upgraded her Surface Pro 2 to a Surface Pro 4. Is there an easy way to migrate all her info/programs/data to the new computer? 66290