Windows 10: Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD

Discus and support Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to upgrade my sons system to an SSD from a HDD. I need to Migrate from 2TB HDD almost full to 256GB SSD while keeping settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FrobuzMumber, Jun 16, 2022.

1. Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD

Hi, I am trying to upgrade my sons system to an SSD from a HDD. I need to Migrate from 2TB HDD almost full to 256GB SSD while keeping settings and installed apps I can relocate the paths of most of his installed data, steams games, to the old drive once the new drive has the OS migrated without all the other random data he has accumulated. I don't want to reinstall all his games and software as this would take days/weeks to download and install. His current OS works fantastic except for the access speed loading speed and boot time.

:)

FrobuzMumber, Jun 16, 2022
  2. techguy31 Win User

64Gb SSD for OS or 2Tb HDD for storage ?!

I suggest that you get the 2tb for storage. SSDs are only useful if you want to boot things fast like OS and programs. I actually suggest you get both if you have that many movies.

techguy31, Jun 16, 2022
  3. lx07 Win User
    Clone only Used Space on 2TB HDD to 500 GB SSD

You can easily transfer 370GB to a 500GB SSD. It is a fairly common practice and less time consuming than a clean install. Here is a tutorial for your consideration... Solved How to Migrate OS to new Hard disk.

4. Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD

Migration OS to a new SSD

I have a 1 TB HDD whit Win 10 home. Yesterday i bought a new 500 Gb SSD and I would know how i can migrate only mine OS and not all my file. Is it possible? how i can do it? A friend told me i can install windows 10 from the Microsoft site for free, and
    put my product key of the os of the old hdd in this new ssd. Is it true? Because i can't find this.

igorcasciotti, Jun 16, 2022
Thema:

Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD

1. Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD - Similar Threads - Migrating 2tb HDD

2. Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating OS from 2tb HDD to 256 GB SSD: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my sons system to an SSD from a HDD. I need to Migrate from 2TB HDD almost full to 256GB SSD while keeping settings and installed apps I can relocate the paths of most of his installed data, steams games, to the old drive once the new drive has the...
  3. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD: Hi,If I just migrate my Windows 10 from HDD to SSD but since my HDD has two other drives-D & E, besides C; so after that, if I change the boot option to SSD from HDD as shown above, will the data on drives D & E of my HDD will be formatted as well since I'm just migrating my...
  4. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD: Hi,If I just migrate my Windows 10 from HDD to SSD but since my HDD has two other drives-D & E, besides C; so after that, if I change the boot option to SSD from HDD as shown above, will the data on drives D & E of my HDD will be formatted as well since I'm just migrating my...
  5. MIGRATION OF OS FROM HDD TO SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Migrating to SSD from HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating to SSD from HDD: Hello there, A few years back, I purchased a Lenovo Y470 Laptop with a preinstalled Microsoft Windows 7 Home Edition which was then updated to Windows 10 Home Edition. Now, my laptop has gotten very low in speed and I want to replace the HDD with an SSD drive keeping both...
  7. Migrating from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating from HDD to SSD: How to check if i have completely migrated from my HDD to SSD. I actually have done it about a year back. The laptop is running fine. BUt i cannot access my bios. Also cannot create recovery disc. Finally can i delete old windows files taking up space in my HDD....
  8. Migrating from Hdd to ssd

Migrating from Hdd to ssd: Migrating from Hdd to ssd Hi , i need to migrate from my current hdd to ssd,Without losing data and windows how can i make copy from hdd,Is there any software availabe for that ????i need secure and easy software...
  9. Migrating from HDd to ssd

Migrating from HDd to ssd: Hi , i need to migrate from my current hdd to ssd,Without losing data and windows how can i make copy from hdd,Is there any software availabe for that ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrating-from-hdd-to-ssd/c2565ea0-ce8a-44b6-a828-e7cdbffa73f6
  10. Migration from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migration from hdd to ssd: Windows 10 is currently on a 1.5 Tb hdd that is almost full. I want to purchase an ssd to use as the boot/system drive. I do not want to shell out for a large sdd. I do not want to do a fresh install of windows unless I can save all of my settings and not have to reinstall...