Windows 10: Migrating/Reinstalling Windows 10 to another storage device?

Discus and support Migrating/Reinstalling Windows 10 to another storage device? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I bought another SSD and want to use it as my main. However, the way I got Windows 10 was by using a hard drive that had Windows 8 on it from a laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Forumpy, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Migrating/Reinstalling Windows 10 to another storage device?

I bought another SSD and want to use it as my main. However, the way I got Windows 10 was by using a hard drive that had Windows 8 on it from a laptop and then using the free upgrade to W10 when I installed it in my desktop.

What would be the easiest way to reinstall Windows 10 (and validate it) on the new SSD? I'm not clued up on how W10 handles licenses and stuff.

submitted by /u/Forumpy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Forumpy, Oct 22, 2020

2. Internal Storage devices being detected as removable devices

Hi,

I would suggest you to update your storage controller driver.

Method 1: Update Storage Controller Driver

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Update Driver Software.
    • Wait for sometime and check if the issue persists.
    • Restart your system.
    Method 2: Uninstall and then reinstall Storage Controller driver from the Manufacturer's Website

Follow the steps.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Storage Controller.
    • Right-click on the Storage controller Driver
      and select Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest storage controller driver.
    • Once the download is complete, double-click and run the setup file to complete installation.
    • Restart your system.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Migrating/Reinstalling Windows 10 to another storage device?

my usb storage device is not migrating

My usb storage device is not migrating

AilsaLively72, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Migrating/Reinstalling Windows 10 to another storage device?

1. Migrating/Reinstalling Windows 10 to another storage device? - Similar Threads - Migrating Reinstalling another

2. Migrating Windows to Another Storage Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating Windows to Another Storage Device: So I recently picked up a 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, and I want to migrate windows over to that from my hard drive because my hard drive is in good condition, it is still extremely slow to boot up windows and start basically any apps. However, when it comes to this process and windows...
  3. Migrating Windows to Another Storage Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating Windows to Another Storage Device: So I recently picked up a 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD, and I want to migrate windows over to that from my hard drive because my hard drive is in good condition, it is still extremely slow to boot up windows and start basically any apps. However, when it comes to this process and windows...
  4. Migrating Windows to Another Storage Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reinstall windows or migrate from one m.2 to another in PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows or migrate from one m.2 to another in PC?: Hello all, I just built my first PC and it's a SFFPC and i have two separate m.2 drives inside of it. Drive 0 is a samsung 980 pro 1TB and drive 1 is the same exepct a 2TB i intended for mass storage separate from my boot drive. During install, drive 0 wasn't able to be...
  6. Reinstalling windows 10 fresh into a new storage device

Reinstalling windows 10 fresh into a new storage device: Hey guys, I'm planning to get a new SSD and install windows on it as my current boot drive is failing. The boot drive is a HDD and it has 3 partitions including the C:/. What I want to know is how to format my old hdd. Should I just remove the hdd ,put ssd and install windows...
  7. USB device not migrated to Windows 10

USB device not migrated to Windows 10: My USB device error is that it is not migrated. I tried all of the things i could find - rename drive letter, uninstall/reinstall, couldn't roll back the driver because it wasn't even an option. There was another piece of advice to create Temp file in my user profile but...
  8. Migrate Windows 10 from pc to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrate Windows 10 from pc to another: I updated an atom net book from XP to a retail Windows 7 pro which I updated to Windows 10 pro (free update) which is activated with a digital licence. The not book atom is updated to 1607, which is all that is supported, I want to retire the notebook and migrate the OS to...
  9. Windows 10, device not migrated solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, device not migrated solution: If u have a device in windows 10 that after a huge updates shows in the event description device not migrated. [img] you must go in this registry and delete all the entries there: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\DeviceMigration] then u must delete the...
  10. Moving Apps To Another Storage Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving Apps To Another Storage Device: So Windows 10 has a feature to move apps from one drive to another. I have set my storage setting for everything to be stored on a HDD since my primary OS drive is SDD. Even though I've followed the proper steps, none of my installed apps are being stored on the HDD. I cant...